Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK) AMOK is a club for enthusiasts that want to participate in the community, get together to learn about our MINIs, and love to drive curvy roads. Visit our club site at www.motoringamok.com

Arkansas MINI sightings

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Tess
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arkansas MINI sightings

I saw a red one a few weeks ago in WLR near On The Border

I saw a Green one on E Roosevelt.

Today (7/17) I saw a green one with stripes on I40, just past Mayflower. Whoever you are, please wash the poor baby!!

There is a really nice S, red with front lamps parked at Home Depot in Conway, I assume the owner works there.

Where have you seen one, and does anyone have an idea of how many MINIS there are in Arkansas?

Last edited by Tess; 07-17-2007 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:42 PM
aprilrain51
Coordinator:Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK)
I saw a real pretty all yellow one parked in my driveway. Hope to see you at some club events. Nancy and Twiggy. (2005 liquid yellow Cooper S from LR)

Old 07-19-2007, 05:53 AM
mrs.mini
2nd Gear
Besides what is listed, I have seen a blue one in Conway and a white one in Russellville. And sometimes I see one on I40 during my commute...I passed the green one on I40 yesterday, and it still needs washed.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:09 PM
Free Spirit
Coordinator :: Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK)
mrs. mini does your license plate say 100 hrs?

I see a red one parked at the Log Cabin occasionally.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Tess
4th Gear
Ok, I didn't see any today, but I got my plates and the lady at the revenue office said she registered one the other day that 'was actually bought in Germany'. I think she thinks they are German cars, I just let that go.

Anyone in out there live in Conway and buy theirs in Germany?

Old 07-20-2007, 03:42 PM
mrs.mini
2nd Gear
nope, i just have a plain license 'ol plate...nothing fancy. my mini is red with the union jack flag on the roof - have you seen me?

Old 07-20-2007, 04:49 PM
Tess
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mrs.mini
Besides what is listed, I have seen a blue one in Conway and a white one in Russellville. And sometimes I see one on I40 during my commute...I passed the green one on I40 yesterday, and it still needs washed.
I commute to LR from C also, I'll keep an eye out for ya!

Old 07-22-2007, 11:24 AM
oldbunratty
3rd Gear
Roadshow Memphis could tell you how many (since great majority in this state were purchased there), and there's got to be at least 40-50 here in central Arkansas - can think of 5-6 parked in front of homes w/i a mile of my house & I've counted close to 30 different ones just living & driving around LR. A wonderful evolution from back in late 2002 when there were maybe 5 of us in the entire state.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:39 AM
Tess
4th Gear
yesterday I spotted one in Conway near Hendrix, black with white stripes. this morning I saw a Pepper white one going the opposite direction on I40.

old.. i'm sure they could tell me how many, I'm just enjoying the 'hunt' of finding them, it's kind of a game.

I think its fun how people react to this car too! I've caught people peeking in the window numerous times, leaving a sweaty palm print on the window. I'm thinking of finding a tiny sticker to put on the steering wheel or somewhere inside that says 'Nosey sucker aren't you' or "Hands off" .. just for fun! Would be even more fun if I could find something that made the horn honk if you touched the window.. I guess I could put one of those remote fart machines just under the car by the door, hide.. wait and set it off when they bend over! LOL

yesterday the i thought the girl at chick fila was going to have a fit over the car, I can relate ;-)

Last edited by Tess; 07-27-2007 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Free Spirit
Originally Posted by mrs.mini
nope, i just have a plain license 'ol plate...nothing fancy. my mini is red with the union jack flag on the roof - have you seen me?

I might of back in April. did you have your MINI then. It was on its way toward Conway on I40 between Morgan and Mayflower.

I asked because a red one with UJ on the roof and 100 hrs license plate just about got me a ticket one night. He zoomed by me on I40 then I went around a camaro and a HP came flying up almost pulled me over then saw this other MINI in front of him. A few minutes later I get pulled over by another HP saying the first HP said they were 2 MINIs doing over 100mph. The other MINI was the only one besides me, but when the first HP saw me pass the camaro and near the other MINI, he assumed I was going that fast also. When I got pulled over I was only 74 in a 70. And I had my family with me along with my dog (we were on our way home from out of town) I never even got near 100... that night We were getting gas in Russellville and I saw them zoom by heading in the AR Tech direction.

So I've wondered about that MINI.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:58 AM
Free Spirit
Originally Posted by Tess
I guess I could put one of those remote fart machines just under the car by the door, hide.. wait and set it off when they bend over! LOL

Old 07-28-2007, 06:43 PM
mrs.mini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Free Spirit
I might of back in April. did you have your MINI then. It was on its way toward Conway on I40 between Morgan and Mayflower.

Just for the record...that was not me.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:08 PM
fastfritz
2nd Gear
I confess it was me. Returning home late with my foot in it. sorry you got stopped because of me. never got stopped. The HP know me well and stop me for any MINI sighting. Hope to meet you someday. Best Regards, fastfritz

Old 07-30-2007, 06:14 AM
mrs.mini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by fastfritz
I confess it was me. Returning home late with my foot in it. sorry you got stopped because of me. never got stopped. The HP know me well and stop me for any MINI sighting. Hope to meet you someday. Best Regards, fastfritz
Are you from the Russellville area? I was there yesterday and my sister said she waved at a car "just like mine" but they looked at her like she was crazy...because it wasn't me. And AHP or ASP?

Old 07-30-2007, 07:15 AM
Tess
4th Gear
My daughter was at Greers Ferry over the weekend. She came home yesterday and said 'you'll never guess what I saw today'. I replied "oh, about 30 MINIS?" She said 'yeah, how'd you know?" LOL

She was going to take a picture but the group was gone before she got her camera out.

I saw a silver S on the I30 bridge this morning.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:49 AM
fastfritz
2nd Gear
Mrs Mini

fastfritz here. I live outside Dardanelle.I confuse the hp as I have a 59 mini, red with uj roof, wrongside drive and orginal brit plates,776 OAF.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:55 AM
Tess
4th Gear
hey fast... have you been to that antique store on are Arkansas Ave in RV? the one with the red phone booth out front? The woman that owns it went to school with my aunt in England, small world.

I'd love to see the 59 mini, how cute!

Old 07-31-2007, 10:41 AM
mrs.mini
2nd Gear
A '59! wow! I am from Russvegas and most my family lives in Dardanelle...small world! and our cars aren't alike - I only wish i could have an old mini.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:30 PM
Tess
4th Gear
another sighting, pepper white MCS today on I40 from NLR all the way to Conway.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Tess
4th Gear
2 sightings today!

Driving through the light at chicot and Baseline in SWLR - Yellow and white

Going through Wendy's drivethrough on Baseline - Red with UJ on the roof

Last edited by Tess; 08-01-2007 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:41 AM
mrs.mini
2nd Gear
that was me at wendy's!!! i saw you too...parked facing baseline!

Old 08-02-2007, 06:26 AM
Tess
4th Gear
Mrs. mini... do you work around there? I was going to wave to you but my coworkers wanted to look at the car and then you were gone!

New sighting this morning. At the Country Store in Conway. Red one, pre 07, razorbacks plates on front and rback plate holder on back.

I waved when you came out of the store, guess you didn't see me.
It was kind of funny cuz it was early, guess I wasn't awake yet and I got in my car and someone walked by, looking at my car like she liked it, I didn't even notice she'd parked one right next to me, until I was about to back out.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:15 AM
mrs.mini
2nd Gear
I work at the highway dept. I'm sorry i zoomed off...i was the "lunch-getter" yesterday.

Old 08-21-2007, 02:00 PM
Tess
4th Gear
No problem, I understand. And I saw you going to the bank yesterday!

New sighting: yesterday I30 over the river bridge, pepper white, MCS, w/front fog lamps with blk covers, stayed together until I took the Conway exit. HAHA I passed you, LOL

I only say that because it seems like every time I get near an S, they make every effort to keep me behind... am I imagining that? i doubt it ;-) I think this is the same one I spotted a few weeks ago

Last edited by Tess; 08-21-2007 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:33 PM
oldbunratty
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Tess
I only say that because it seems like every time I get near an S, they make every effort to keep me behind... am I imagining that? i doubt it ;-)
As one central Arkansas S owner, I always try to be courteous to fellow MINI owners. But I do make every effort to keep all those Firebirds, Eclipses and Hummers behind!

Quick Reply: Arkansas MINI sightings