Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK) AMOK is a club for enthusiasts that want to participate in the community, get together to learn about our MINIs, and love to drive curvy roads. Visit our club site at www.motoringamok.com

Arkansas MINI sightings

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 06:41 AM
Tess
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, me too, but I'm still kind of a chicken so I don't fight too hard. I have noticed that people in Lexus, BMW, or any other 'nice' car seem to want to make a point to pass me or in some other way show they are better. Is it just me?
At first I thought people really like to ride my azz, for unknown reasons. But I think its just that they seem closer because they are closer to my front seat when they tailgate than when I was in the SUV.. less space between me and the back of the car!

Old 08-22-2007, 11:30 AM
mrs.mini
2nd Gear
that was me at the bank. i waved and saw you wave back!

Old 08-24-2007, 08:03 AM
rgp2
2nd Gear
I agree with you Tess. I have noticed since I got my Mini in 2004 that other cars tend to want to show they are faster or better. But what really makes me laugh is when the kids with their tail pipes that make the car sound like a baby crying pass me real fast.

As far as the SUVs, They do seem to be driving them a little more radically around me. Then again, it may just be that I am so much smaller and they just seem more looming.

Hate it for their gas bill though!

Hope to see you soon at one of the AMOK runs.

Old 09-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Free Spirit
Coordinator :: Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK)
I've been seeing one at the carpool lot in Mayflower; light blue with white stripes.

Old 09-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Tess
4th Gear
I'm sure you all have experienced the staring, the questions, the hand and nose prints on your window. But this one, so far, takes the cake as the strangest for me.

I'm parked in front of a liquor store outside of Memphis, waiting on my friend.
A VERY country looking guy with the hot rod pick up pulls in, parks beside me and just sits there for a few minutes

Then he says 'does that car go fast' ? with a very country accent. I just said yeah, it does. He says, ' you get good gas with that little thang' I said yes, matter of fact I do.

He didn't say another word, didn't go in the store, and didn't leave until after we did.. weird.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:57 PM
rgp2
2nd Gear
I must be living in a cave. I saw a new color, for me anyway, at the Kroger in the Heights. It was like the orange, but it had more of a maroon metallic color. It had this maroon color on the roof as well. Pretty sharp looking and it was a 2007. I went to the website so see if I missed anew color. It wasn't on the website. Can't imagine someone buying a 2007 and then painting it a custom color...or can I?

Old 09-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Tess
4th Gear
rgp2, I saw one like that at the dealership , I think, but it was a Sidewalk, convertible. I LOVED IT, but it was 36K, a few thousand over my budget.

mrs.mini , yep i saw you wave.. we should have lunch sometime.

I the saw yellow one again today, parked at Luigi's, I just so happened to be going in to pick up an order and some guy says, hey, who owns that red mini out there! We spoke briefly, he seemed offended when I said his car was 'cute', was that wrong of me, lol.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Tess
4th Gear
OH, forgot to say, a Mustang almost hit me yesterday morning, I was shaking for 30 minutes!!
He had made a point to run up close behind me then zip around and pass me, but then somehow he got stuck behind a semi in the middle lane. I was to his left, about to pass him by, and here he came over in my lane. If I hadn't of seen him, braked.. it would have been serious. I laid on the horn ... really ticked me off.. even got his tag number.. not sure what I thought I was gonna do with it. lol

Old 09-05-2007, 02:50 PM
rgp2
2nd Gear
OK. Now two of us have seen the the maroon color. Someone please tell me why it is not on the website and it cost so #%$@ing much. $36k!!! It better jump up on tables and do little jigs because what I saw had no Cooper Works. The one I saw was pretty plain jane. No stripes, no apparent modifications of any kind.

The mystery continues.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:09 PM
oldbunratty
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Tess
I'm sure you all have experienced the staring, the questions, the hand and nose prints on your window. But this one, so far, takes the cake as the strangest for me.

I'm parked in front of a liquor store outside of Memphis, waiting on my friend.
A VERY country looking guy with the hot rod pick up pulls in, parks beside me and just sits there for a few minutes

Then he says 'does that car go fast' ? with a very country accent. I just said yeah, it does. He says, ' you get good gas with that little thang' I said yes, matter of fact I do.

He didn't say another word, didn't go in the store, and didn't leave until after we did.. weird.
That's about the creepiest story I've heard in awhile. I was expecting your story to end with country-looking guy asking, "That thing gotta Hemi?" Instead, creepo just waits around . . . for what? Maybe he was trying to work up the nerve to challenge you to a race . . ..

Old 09-06-2007, 10:22 AM
mrs.mini
2nd Gear
Last night when I went to WM (the old one for the Conway area people) there were two other Minis parked on the same isle as me. A BRG/B Cooper and an 07 Silver Cooper. I thought about leaving them a note...but chickened out.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Tess
4th Gear
Mrs mini, go to the miniusa site and somewhere on there you can print MINI citations. I printed some but haven't used one yet... they're cute. So next time that happens, leave the citation.. maybe write down the link to this site.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Tess
4th Gear
Originally Posted by oldbunratty
That's about the creepiest story I've heard in awhile. I was expecting your story to end with country-looking guy asking, "That thing gotta Hemi?" Instead, creepo just waits around . . . for what? Maybe he was trying to work up the nerve to challenge you to a race . . ..

yeah, he was one of those guys right out of Deliverance, indeed it was creepy.

I had visions of him pulling out a gun and taking my car!! I was thinking, do I let him have it and see if he can figure out where the key is and how to start the car? Might be amusing to watch a 'slow' person (he came across that way) try to figure it out.

Old 09-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Free Spirit
I saw an orange convertible in LR yesterday.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:30 AM
cavanauk
Neutral
Mini sitings

I saw a red 'S' with black bonnet stripes at Pleasant Valley CC on 9/8. Anyone play tennis?

Also saw a black conv at Burns park on 9/7.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:13 PM
aprilrain51
Coordinator:Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK)
I saw several of the maroon color Minis at Roadshow on Saturday. The color is called something something metallic. Sorry I can't remember but it's pretty.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:56 AM
Free Spirit
Hi cavanauk! Welcome to the AMOK forum on NAM!!

Old 09-12-2007, 09:00 AM
cavanauk
Neutral
Arkansas mini sightings

Thanks! Glad to be here...and a mini owner!

Old 09-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Tess
4th Gear
Originally Posted by aprilrain51
I saw several of the maroon color Minis at Roadshow on Saturday. The color is called something something metallic. Sorry I can't remember but it's pretty.
are you talking about nightfire red, like mine? It's metallic.. and it's a different color in different types of light

Old 09-12-2007, 07:04 PM
aprilrain51
Coordinator:Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK)
I don't know if it is the same as yours, Tess. Maybe when I see yours in person I can tell. I saw a red and white one Mini with white bonnet stripes in the parking lot outside my window at work today. It cheered me up.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Tess
4th Gear
i saw a red one with white top going away from conway on I40 today on my way to conway.. I waived.. but we were both going about 85 in different directions.. so if it was anyone reading this.. and you waived back.. thanks!

Old 09-13-2007, 03:42 PM
oldbunratty
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Free Spirit
I saw an orange convertible in LR yesterday.
Since you posted this sighting, I've been seeing that orange convertible (black soft top) all over LR - just saw it enter 630 eastbound from my birds-eye view downtown.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Tess
4th Gear
pepper white, going west on 286 this afternoon

i'm jealous.. about the orange convert that is.. the sidewalk package(?) is awesome and i dont usually like orange, but it is very cool

Old 09-14-2007, 08:28 AM
Free Spirit
Wednesday I saw a deep purple with white roof on Napa Valley.

Thursday I saw a black convertible coming off the 630 ramp getting on University. He waved. He was in a hurry. He got into the turning lane to get back onto 630 heading west just to pass a few other cars.

Old 09-14-2007, 11:58 AM
rgp2
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Tess
are you talking about nightfire red, like mine? It's metallic.. and it's a different color in different types of light

Finally! You were right Tess. The color I saw that I could not figure out was Nightfire Red. All this time I thought you had the older purplish color. I need to clean my computer screen off and rinse out my eyes. Photos do not do this color justice.

Quick Reply: Arkansas MINI sightings