Alabama Motoring Society: BAMA and Rocket City The forum for the Alabama Motoring Society.
Visit the BAMA club site at www.bamamini.com
Visit the Rocket City MINI club site at www.rocketcitymini.com

Hotel Info for MINI of Nashville Homecoming

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 01:21 PM
ThumbsUp
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did some quick checking on the Internet and found these prices - all based on advance pricing as of this date; the closer the date gets, the more the price goes up!

Holiday Inn Brentwood - $100.80
Brentwood Suites - $75.95
AmeriSuites Brentwood - $69.00

At these prices, I'd say the AmeriSuites is a deal. Big rooms, breakfast cooked to order, and a manager's reception that we are going to miss anyway.

Old 05-20-2004, 07:02 PM
golfman
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society
The Holiday Inn Brentwood will give us a rate of $70.00 if we have 15 to 20 rooms. I don't know how many folks are coming from Knoxville and other parts of Tennessee but we should easily get that many cars in there. I like this one because it is very near the interstate, both on and off. I am flexible and will do whatever the group wants to do. For going to the HI, "copper" is the code word which was arranged by the folks at MINI of Nashville. They do have an area for eats and drinks.

Old 05-20-2004, 07:26 PM
bodinski
5th Gear
Details? I'm about 45 minutes from Nashville. What's this about a homecoming?

Old 05-26-2004, 08:13 PM
smfinley
Neutral
Have people decided on a hotel yet? It kind of sounded like the Holiday Inn, but I wanted to make sure.

Scott Finley

Old 05-26-2004, 09:30 PM
SB
6th Gear
Holiday Inn sounds good to me, Harold. Since MoN set up a code word, is this the official place so we can start reserving rooms?

Old 05-26-2004, 10:02 PM
Normalizer
4th Gear
there's an Embassy Suites in Franklin, the next exit down past Brentwood, that I stayed at a year or so ago... VERY nice....

Other nice places to stay would be the Vanderbilt area and downtown Nashville. There is of course also the Opryland Hotel, the world's largest hotel....

Old 05-27-2004, 05:30 PM
golfman
Steve, I am in Connecticut until next Wed or Thu and we need to have a minimum number of rooms (15-20) at the Holiday Inn to get the discount. I would prefer to wait until next week to be sure we have enough before we do anything more. Let me get back home and see how many folks we can count on to make the trip. I think it is going to be fun, especially the ride up and back with many MINIs.

Old 06-06-2004, 06:03 PM
ThumbsUp
2nd Gear
I think it's about time to make reservations for the Nashville homecoming. What's the official hotel? Do we have a special rate?

Old 06-07-2004, 08:53 AM
golfman
All of the Knoxville folks are going to the Brentwood Holiday Inn and several from Alabama have made reservations there as well. Call them and mention you are a part of the "MINI Cooper" group to get the $70.00 + taxes per night rate. I sent an Email to everyone with the plans for the trip up and ETA for Athens AL and Nashville TN. If you did not get that email, I can send again, or post here or on the BAMAMINI.org site. Let me know your preference.

Last edited by golfman; 06-07-2004 at 08:55 AM. Reason: need to add more details
Old 06-09-2004, 03:26 AM
ThumbsUp
2nd Gear
I didn't get the email. Please post the plans here. Thanks!

Old 06-09-2004, 01:50 PM
golfman
It is time to make a commitment and put a plan together for the trip to MINI of Nashville for Homecoming. This MINI of Nashville (MON) event has extended invitations to all MINI owners, regardless of where you purchased your MINI. If you bought it in Europe or Georgia (not the Russian province) and want to attend, just get in line with the rest of us. The ride up to Nashville should be as exciting as the event itself.

The MON event includes refreshments, giveaways and a live band. All of this gets started a 5:00 pm on Saturday, July 10, 2004. This may also be the day of your first introduction and a “Butt-fittin’” to the new MINI Cabrio. As those of us who attended the Italian Job movie courtesy of MON can attest, these folks are first-class and enjoy the little cars we drive as much we do and treated us well. I also think some of the folks are putting together a ride on Sunday to get us out of town, while seeing some of the Tennessee countryside at the same time.

The drive up to Nashville will leave from the Wal-Mart parking lot on Fieldstown Rd in Gardendale promptly at 12 Noon (be sure to bring your 2-way radios, channel 7 please). The reason for the late start is to allow those driving up from Montgomery to do so without getting up with the chickens. We will then drive up I-65 N to the Athens Cracker Barrel at the intersection of I-65 N and US Hwy 72. After much hand-shakin’ and huggin’, we will again take to I-65 N enroute to the Brentwood Holiday Inn. We should arrive between 3:15 and 3:45 pm with time to check-in and freshen up before departing to MINI of Nashville (MON). Due to the late hour of the MON event, many owners are planning to stay overnight in NashvilleThe Holiday Inn has given us a rate of $70.00 plus tax per night. To get this rate you must tell them you are with the “MINI Cooper” group. The phone number to call is 1-615-373-2600. You do not have to stay at the Holiday Inn; there is no obligation for anyone to do so. I also know there are single guys or ladies planning to attend, please let me know and I can try to arrange for you to have a roommate and keep you costs to a minimum, but one of you will have to call and reserve the room. Finally, regardless of where you stay you might want to take your own pillow.

Following is a list of those who have indicated they are going to participate in this weekend of fun:

Greg and Babs Lee (B)
Steve and Darlene Jolly (H)
Harold and Judy Clements (B)
Penny Christopher (B)
Steve Banks (H)
Andrew Mobley (B
Martha Hightower (B)
Bob Waugh (B)
Harold (Butch) Brown (B)
Kevin Freeman (B)
Scott Finley (H)
Ed Hill (M)

We definitely need more names on this list. If you wrote and told me you were going and your name is not on this list, I’m sorry. I just got back from Connecticut and I’m a bit confused after having to talk to ‘em damn Yankees. I tried to talk slow, so they would understand. Anyways, send me the info one more time cause I know I left someone out and it may be someone with two MINIs. We need to fill up two lanes of interstate for at least a mile and you don’t want to miss the FUN. GET IN LINE.

Last edited by golfman; 10-09-2008 at 08:27 AM. Reason: delete some stuff