Are you one of these "skilled" drivers during MOTD?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 07:10 PM
maacodale
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad driving isn't limited to the Dragon. I've driven the Blue Ridge Parkway many times and I can tell you Grand Ma's in Buicks and Soccer Moms in Mini Vans all dive over the yellow line. Granted, we had a bunch this year. I passed several MINIs oin the Dragon crossing the yellow line. One silver Clubman about took me out Friday coming around a blind right hander.

There is no way anyone can police this activity except for the police themsleves. We can say something to the offenders, but they have no real reason to comply with our requests. I will say for every MINI I saw cross the center line, there were just as many motorcycles doing the same thing. Especially on Saturday. Having said that, I do have one series of Killboy pics with me on the line, so I'm not immune, but I can say that crossing the yellow line never put anyone at risk. I'll try to do a bit better next year. And I humbly apologize.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:18 PM
zinvestor
4th Gear
Sorry, that is not the way to run it!!!! I quit watching about 10 seconds in when the white line appeared to the left of the left front wheel. Between the lines people, don't cross the mustard (yellow), don't cross the mayo (white).

Old 05-06-2011, 03:14 AM
CoopersGuy
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by zinvestor
Sorry, that is not the way to run it!!!! I quit watching about 10 seconds in when the white line appeared to the left of the left front wheel. Between the lines people, don't cross the mustard (yellow), don't cross the mayo (white).

That line you speak of is 3 feet from the double yellow line, how can you keep it between both of them? Both lines are in frame at the same time, it is not the line at the edge of the pavement, he would be rolling down the mountain if it were.

Perhaps it is a camera trick. Still a good video.

Last edited by CoopersGuy; 05-06-2011 at 07:16 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:18 AM
yetti96
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CoopersGuy
That line you speak of is 3 feet from the double yellow line, how can you keep it between both of them? Both lines are in frame at the same time, it is not the line at the edge of the pavement, he would be rolling down the mountain if it were.
Originally Posted by zinvestor

Not to divert this thread but I tend to agree with CoopersGuy. I saw that the first time I started the video and couldn't believe this was a perfect example. I am not going to pick the movie apart becasue I only watched the first 30 seconds when I saw how long it was.

But in regards to both lines being in the same frame of view, I do believe it has to do with the wide angle lens that made it appear just a few feet apart.

I am not trying to get in the middle of anything or ruffle feathers but just replying to those before me as I have no Dragon knowledge and live in some of the flattest lands around, Florida.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:33 PM
inimini2007
6th Gear
Driving the dragon wasn't anything...NYC Driving is a blatant disregard of everything.