3rd Annual MINIs on the Dragon (2005) Ready to make the trek to the Dragon? Learn all about what will likely be the largest MINI gathering in 2005.

just got home from Dragon

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 06:16 AM
SpunkytheTuna
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of the things that made Ms. Mouse and I happiest about this meet was the looseness of the organization. No howling halfwits organizing cars by color, no scraming simians with stopwatches announcing that "It iss now time to drrrive to de camp! You vill leaf now!", no mulithreading visigoths herding tightly packed groups from one overscheduled event to another with only announced potty stops. Just grown-ups hanging out together, having fun, doing what occurred to them to do in a low-stress, low-pressure environment.

Perhaps folks that are more satisfied by more highly structured, more ObviouslyOfficial events could take what they learned from this one, i.e. that they are not happy in an unstructured environment, and seek their enjoyment in another kind of meet.

I have a friend who's a BMW motorcycle rider. He tells me that at their events they park the bikes in order by year, model, and color. I tell him that he's nuts, but he finds it very satisfying.

Please keep MOTD nice and loose. It really fits the whole MINIs are Fun notion.

But that's just me. Others will, of course, have their own opinions.

Old 05-10-2005, 06:18 AM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Minimom
We Are DEFINITELY going to make next year's MOTD go from Thursday through MONDAY! If we would have stayed until Monday, we wouldn't be so tired! Hmmmmmmm, on Second thought, Maybe wait and leave on Tuesday?

There were so many local artisans I wanted to visit (we did visit a few on Saturday). An extra day of rest/ lazy stuff to do will definitely be in my plans next year.
I know what you mean, Minimom! I was able to visit the Yellow Branch Pottery and Dairy twice. (They very generously sent over a cheese sampler platter to the Welcome Dinner.) I bought some nice hand-built pieces and some of their delicious cheeses.

Then, as I headed back to 28, I stopped by the Wood Gallery in the big old barn, bought a beautiful hand-turned red oak salad bowl, then gave a tour of Wanda to the owners, who were VERY curious about the MINIs.

Being an artist, I love to support the local artisans and really look forward to searching out more of them next time! They rely on folks like us to make their livings.:smile:

Clover

Old 05-10-2005, 06:31 AM
mielnicki
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by maxxboy
I have a BIG complaint.

I didn't get to go this year.
I have a HUGE complaint!!!!!

It's over, I am back to driving in rush hour traffic

Old 05-10-2005, 07:11 AM
NekoWoman
5th Gear
Location: Fulltime RVer - R53 towed behind a vintage 1979 35' MCI MC-5C Saudi
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MINIclo
The Dragon Taxi was awesome! Beautifully executed! I bet people tried to flag it down for a ride! Clover
They didn't have to flag it down... Nate was offering rides all the time! He & his father were great. They were in the caravan I came up with... the mountain roads are darn intimidating your first time out (spoken from the heart of a true flat-lander, i.e. Chicagoan), but he got the hang of it fast.

Congrats to Nate on best car & thanks to all!