3rd Annual MINIs on the Dragon (2005) Ready to make the trek to the Dragon? Learn all about what will likely be the largest MINI gathering in 2005.

Keeping In Touch at MOTD

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Driving_Hamster
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jsouz
OK, for those of you who can't wait, the MOTDRR (Minis on the Dragon Roving Reporter) files the following report:

- The MCCI folks (Tom and Cheryl) are celebrating Cinco de Mayo. With a Gallon of Tequila. Celebrating Hard. MINITENCAN.
- Matt from AZ was showing off pics of the first MINI he ever rolled. I say first since it seems he is the kind of guy who might roll more. Sweet.
- Whalen was showing off his new "Wing" hat. Imagine a regular, discreet MINI hat, in black. With wings. Imagine that.
- Greg the Aussie is here, wearing 5 layers of clothes because he is not used to the 'cool' climate. 45 and rainy. Big whoop.
- Ryan's mom is in bed. Alone.
- Ryan is on the couch, watching the tool races on the Discovery Channel. Sober.
- Loren was re-reading the MINI service manual. In case he missed something the first time.

The rain has slowed some speeds down, fortunately. And it got dark tonite. Tomorrow is another day. I will report then. Until such time, be cool. We are Motoring for you.

JPS

Adios from the Dragon....
Despite the weather I am still jealous of all you , be safe and drink some tequilla for me . Pictures would be appreciated when available.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:15 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
Friday the fun continued

With a wonderful parade lap up the Dragon, then two great rides for pp to choose from. Not too many losses, not too much heartache, a great deal of fun. Afternoon Group pic (Panoramic) that will make you want to be here. Evening Chili Cook-Off (this, it was good) and pitch in dinner under perfect cool skies. A bit of sunburn here and there and.....

More time at the party cabins. Tonite: Michigan, with Ryan, Stefanie, and her Mom. Boy, can MOM party. Party Party Party. Ryan's mom was back at her cabin in bed. Alone.

Ran out of ice cold beverages so had to call it a night but suffice it to say, tomorrow is yet another ride filled day.

Nite all...

JPS

Old 05-09-2005, 07:16 PM
BlueCooperS
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Greatbear
I actually prefer the isolation. It feels good to be "unplugged" for a while, the only communication going on is among our fellow 'Dragonphiles'.
I like the idea of being able to call out, and being able to go on the Net. We can call out to check on the dog. Don't laugh too hard, we did that 2x this trip. The Internet, well, that's for doing things like replying to this post.

OH....you meant work? Unplug work!

Old 05-09-2005, 07:40 PM
ImaVunDerBrah
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jsouz
With a wonderful parade lap up the Dragon, then two great rides for pp to choose from. Not too many losses, not too much heartache, a great deal of fun. Afternoon Group pic (Panoramic) that will make you want to be here. Evening Chili Cook-Off (this, it was good) and pitch in dinner under perfect cool skies. A bit of sunburn here and there and.....

More time at the party cabins. Tonite: Michigan, with Ryan, Stefanie, and her Mom. Boy, can MOM party. Party Party Party. Ryan's mom was back at her cabin in bed. Alone.

Ran out of ice cold beverages so had to call it a night but suffice it to say, tomorrow is yet another ride filled day.

Nite all...

JPS
I love the updates!