1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello all~

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 01:41 PM
henry2k7
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all~

Hi all,

This is my number one post here. I found this forum has so much good info.

I am thinking to get a MCS and wonder how did you guys get your's? Did anyone "build your own" in the MC website and pick it up at the dealer? I am just thinking in that case you couldn't really negotiate the price if you order it online.

But if you pick one up from the dealer, you couldn't really add some other options like you could online.

Thanks for your advise.

Old 11-29-2006, 01:50 PM
batgirlwildcat
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM! Many of us built our own online (including me). There is no "negotiating" the price, but you get exactly what you want, and you can choose which dealer to go through to avoid mark-up, etc.

Old 11-29-2006, 02:03 PM
jonnieoh
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I built mine to my exact specifications, and watched it's progress on MINI USA's web site while it was being built over in England. I patiently waited for it to arrive in port, after a long journey through the Atlantic. That was hard to do, but I love that my car is just that; MY CAR.

I will never buy another car off the lot again, (if I can help it).

Old 11-29-2006, 02:31 PM
royal4mac
4th Gear
Being the impatient sort, I asked the dealer to find what we were looking for and he called back and found almost the exact vehicle on the boat, on its way to the east coast. Done deal Had it in 10 days.
Didn't get the leather nor the HK stereo, but that saved me a couple thousand, so it didn't hurt too much.
I believe if you want a new one now, you will have to order it now for Feb (?) delivery or so. If you have to wait to get an '07, might as well make it perfect for you.

Old 11-29-2006, 03:15 PM
henry2k7
Neutral
Originally Posted by batgirlwildcat
Welcome to NAM!
Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by batgirlwildcat
you can choose which dealer to go through to avoid mark-up, etc.
The price it shows online is the actual price you need to pay regardless which dealer you pick up the MC from?

Old 11-29-2006, 03:17 PM
henry2k7
Neutral
Originally Posted by jonnieoh
That was hard to do, but I love that my car is just that; MY CAR.
Sounds really good!

Old 11-29-2006, 03:19 PM
batgirlwildcat
6th Gear
Originally Posted by henry2k7
The price it shows online is the actual price you need to pay regardless which dealer you pick up the MC from?
Correct. The dealers differ in terms of mark-up over MSRP (many will not mark up), but the MSRP on your configured MINI through MINIUSA.com is the same everywhere.

Old 11-29-2006, 03:56 PM
henry2k7
Neutral
Thanks. I guess the only thing I worry is the trunk is not big enough to fit all my groceries

I'm driving a VW Golf and I just love hatchback car.

Old 11-29-2006, 04:47 PM
NMgokart
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome Henry!
You will be amazed at how much stuff you can fit in a MINI

Old 11-29-2006, 04:53 PM
ChrisW
6th Gear
Thanks. I guess the only thing I worry is the trunk is not big enough to fit all my groceries

I'm driving a VW Golf and I just love hatchback car.
I just traded in a 2000 VW Golf when i got my MINI the golf is alittle bigger but you'll be just fine in the mini and if you drop the rears seats you'll have more than enought room.

Old 11-29-2006, 04:57 PM
henry2k7
Neutral
Originally Posted by ChrisW
I just traded in a 2000 VW Golf when i got my MINI
How do you like it comparing with the golf? Did you ever consider the rabbit or the gti?

Old 11-29-2006, 05:04 PM
ChrisW
6th Gear
How do you like it comparing with the golf? Did you ever consider the rabbit or the gti?
Well i loved my Golf and it was a great car and i had modded it as much as i could, I just felt like it was time for something new. The MINI handels 100% better than the golf, and my mini is stock. With the golf it was so much easier to add power because of the turbo. But in the end i think i made the right call. I looked at the New GTI and a WRX STI and what finally did it for me was my wife said i could do whatever i wanted to do to a mini. So that helped and i feel like the MINI is a little more of a refind car and would be better for me because i'm an engineer. That being said i think i could have been happy with all 3.

Old 11-29-2006, 05:20 PM
ddtthicks
Neutral
How I got MyMini

I went online to select the mini of my choice with all her options what were on my wish list.

Then I took my trade and went the second nearest showroom and frankly asked them if I were to buy, would I be better to order or see what vehicle came close to my wish list. Since I bought her in January of this year, they were eager to take her off of their dealer lot, so my best buy was not to order.

I do have a piece of advice for you, before you set asail, after your purchase, drive the car before you buy it. I had a couple of things that should have been caught before she left the showroom. No big deal, they fixed her up and I am a happy mini lover.

Hope the info helps.