1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any way to find options list with VIN ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 01:15 PM
HFX.NS.CA
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any way to find options list with VIN ?

I'm spending way too much time reading through the posts on this forum, but I'm sure glad that I found it. I like to know every little detail about a big purchase and after finding this site, I've made up my mind that I want a Mini convertible, still haven't decided on the MCC or MCCS.

I went to the site of my local Mini dealer and they list all the cars that have, along with the VIN, but the don't do a good job of listing all the options on the cars or packages, just the price, color, interior, etc.

Anyway, is there a Mini site or BMW site that I can paste a VIN into to see all the details about the cars?

Thanks!

Old 08-29-2006, 01:43 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HFX.NS.CA
I'm spending way too much time reading through the posts on this forum, but I'm sure glad that I found it. I like to know every little detail about a big purchase and after finding this site, I've made up my mind that I want a Mini convertible, still haven't decided on the MCC or MCCS.

I went to the site of my local Mini dealer and they list all the cars that have, along with the VIN, but the don't do a good job of listing all the options on the cars or packages, just the price, color, interior, etc.

Anyway, is there a Mini site or BMW site that I can paste a VIN into to see all the details about the cars?

Thanks!
I'm not sure that's something that any manufacturer offers out of privacy concerns.

Old 08-29-2006, 03:06 PM
HFX.NS.CA
2nd Gear
good point, it was worth a shot.

Thanks

Old 08-29-2006, 09:32 PM
mini2di4
2nd Gear
I just saw another post about this and it said you can go to mini usa, contact & FAQ and send an email with the VIN and they will send you the info. I just sent one on my car as the dealer didn't give me a list of all packages on my pre-owned MCS. Worth a try!

Old 08-30-2006, 04:46 AM
HFX.NS.CA
2nd Gear
I just sent an email like you suggested, I'll let you know if I get a response back or not. Thanks

Old 08-30-2006, 06:19 AM
gizzer777
5th Gear
Got mine from Minusa fast

I just sent an email like you suggested, I'll let you know if I get a response back or not. Thanks
Guess that was my post, Hope you registered with miniusa (owner's forum)? They now send me everything they send the new buyers too! Some fun emails too!

Mini USA sent my "list" within 2 days...asked for a dup window sticker (bought used) but they could not do that (NO BIGGIE)..their email with the options did hold some surprises for me.;..(Things I did not know it had..)

Want to talk about privacy...try to get a key! Had to send a fax of my Driver's Licence (live 120 miles away) to the dealer...and they know me too!!! (BMW makes the rules!...That is a pain but a GOOD rule!)

Luck...they are great!

Old 08-30-2006, 07:17 PM
HFX.NS.CA
2nd Gear
I received a response to me email after only 7 hours from Melissa, a MINI Customer Relations and Services Representative! She included all the options that went with the 2 VINs I provided. I wonder if they verify if the vehicles have been sold or not, before giving out the information?

Thanks for everyones input and assistance

Old 08-30-2006, 07:59 PM
mini2di4
2nd Gear
I received a response to me email after only 7 hours from Melissa, a MINI Customer Relations and Services Representative! She included all the options that went with the 2 VINs I provided. I wonder if they verify if the vehicles have been sold or not, before giving out the information?

Thanks for everyones input and assistance
I'm glad it worked for you! I sent an email last night and still no response Guess I'll try again! My pre-owned mini was fairly expensive so I guess I'm hoping she has some extras I'm not aware of!!