1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New MCS Purchase - A few more questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 08:53 PM
rbgoforit
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New MCS Purchase - A few more questions

Hi all,

To follow-up from my previous questions (see thread -- https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=70401)

Thanks to all those that responded.

A few more questions, then off to the races.

Background: I am looking to build/order my MCS from the factory fully loaded (but not the JCW tuning kit – only the JCW CAI), as well as adding several accessories (yes, I would love to do this myself but I am up to my eyeballs in other commitments and do not have a garage), so I want an MA who won't gouge me, and will package and deliver what I want.

There are two mini dealerships in the general area where I live (Brighton, MA):
1) Herb Chambers
2) Mini of Peabody

As far as convenience, Herb Chambers is the slam dunk (less than 5 minutes away); however, I have heard great things about Mini of Peabody.

Questions:
1) Has anyone else out there had any experience with either one?
2) Any suggestions on a good MA at these dealerships?
3) Would either of these two dealers be willing to negotiate the installation cost of options/accessories?
3) Are there any recommendations on someone other than these dealers that may be able to offer more affordable accessory installations? If so, would the Mini warranty be in jeopardy?
4) While I will be lining up financing sources, do either of these two dealerships offer competitive financing terms?
5) Alternatively, I thought about going the broker route. I have heard those that are good at what they do and familiar with the Mini can offer great advice, competitive financing terms and/or go all the way to delivery. Given the dealerships that are near me is it even worth considering?

Thanks again for your help!

Robert

Old 06-17-2006, 03:43 AM
acitydweller
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recall reading something negative about peabody on one of the threads regarding the concentrated windshield fluid eating away at the car's finish.

Of course one individuals' experience does not represent how the entire dealership works but we tend to let the negative impressions stick longer than the positive. just human nature i suppose.

good luck which ever you choose. I chose a dealership out of state whereas there are three MINI Dealerships within a 15 mile driving distance... Since no one budges under msrp, i went with the one who treated me the best.