1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Track your MINI

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 08:54 AM
Kriky
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So far...
I put the order in for a CMS on 07/09/14 with my MA. He returned my production order on 07/10/14 for approval. I sent it back to him same day. I called him 07/15/14 and asked him if he could send me the production order number. He emailed me back with the production and vin # and say "The car was built yesterday!! You my friend have great timing."

My MA told me they run different models through the factory twice a month. I guess I happen to land on one of those days. I checked yesterday in the owners lodge after getting off the phone with my MA and it came up as "On Order". I checked again this morning 07/16/14 and it came up as "In Production"

So now I wait. I am in Los Angeles. From previous posts it looks like I have a long wait on the shipment. Which is good since I will try and sell my current gas drinking vehicle during that time.

7/09/14 - Ordered Placed with Dealer
7/10/14 - Ordered Approved and sent to Factory
7/15/14 - Vehicle in Production
7/22/14 - In Paint Shop (called 866-ask-mini)
7/23/14 - Released for Transportation (called 866-ask-mini)

I will update this post as things progress.

Last edited by Kriky; 07-23-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:14 AM
mdv13
1st Gear
My Mini will be a (fraternal?) twin of yours - mine was in the paint shop yesterday and is "released for distribution" today as well (according to 866-ask-mini).

I think mine's probably coming through Baltimore, however, so (I'm guessing) they won't share a ship.

I would guess we're not going to hit the ship leaving port today, so I'm crossing my fingers for the July 26th ship.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:40 AM
Kriky
1st Gear
Originally Posted by mdv13
My Mini will be a (fraternal?) twin of yours - mine was in the paint shop yesterday and is "released for distribution" today as well (according to 866-ask-mini).

I think mine's probably coming through Baltimore, however, so (I'm guessing) they won't share a ship.

I would guess we're not going to hit the ship leaving port today, so I'm crossing my fingers for the July 26th ship.
I think it might be on the same ship. From what info I can gather the boat takes 8 days to get to NY and 21 days to get to CA. I believe it will go along the east coast down through the Gulf of Mexico along Mexico's east coast down through the Panama Canal then up to California. But I'm not 100% sure on this. This was all gathered from the shipping company's website and the day count I found on the other tracking thread that has a sticky in it.

So my guess is you will receive your vehicle well before I receive mine.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:10 AM
pagliar
2nd Gear
My car was updated to "transferred to exit port" yesterday on the Ask MINI phone line. It is headed for Oregon so I am hoping it gets on the 7/28 ship. Is this at all reasonable?

Old 07-28-2014, 09:04 PM
angrymini
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ordered mine july 7th. Website says awaiting transport for the last week. Not sure how much more waiting i can take

Last edited by angrymini; 07-29-2014 at 06:36 AM.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:33 AM
pagliar
2nd Gear
Mine says awaiting transport in the owners lounge too. The Ask MINI phone line says transferred to exit port. The Waleniios Whilhelmsen track and trace shows the car booked on the ship Otello. That ship is just finishing loading and headed for Port Hueneme due 8/20.

It seems the info from MINI pretty much stops when the shipper takes over but the WW website has lots of info. You can see which ships are headed to what port and zero in on which ship your car should be on.

So with a little poking around you can see what ship you should be on, when it is scheduled to leave South Hampton and when it should arrive at your port. The only thing you don't know is weather or not the car actually got on the ship. If not I think it will show up as booked on another ship.

If it's shipped on a line other than WW it will be harder to track.

There is a good possibility that your car is in transit. Call your MA, he will know how to get the info. Good Luck

Old 07-29-2014, 06:35 AM
angrymini
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks a bunch I will have to call and see what information I can get out of them

Old 07-29-2014, 07:15 AM
mdv13
1st Gear
Mine has been stuck in limbo for over a week now, at "Production is complete and waiting to be released to the carrier".

I just called AskMINI, and the girl I talked to told me her system hasn't shown any updates to my mini's status since July 22nd.

Since the weekend, I've been feeding my VIN into WW's site to see if my mini is in their system yet, and I've had no luck on that front, either.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:48 PM
Ken Kraft
Neutral
OL Slow to Update?

OK. My Mini has been stuck in "en route" since Monday, when I have confirmation that it disembarked in Port Hueneme on 4/13. According to the WW site, it already cleared customs.How long until it's in the Oxnard VDC and then on it's way to me in Vegas?

Old 06-18-2015, 11:26 AM
Gloriakogg
1st Gear
My MINI has been at Halifax since 6/11. 2wglobal shown as "Delivered from", and i have no idea what that mean. I though it means the car has been released to shipper (truck), But when i called my Sale rap, he said that the car is still at Halifax, won't be here (toronto, Canada) till July 2 or so. I ordered my car on 4/24. Such a long wait!!

Old 06-18-2015, 02:37 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Ours are supposed to dock in Savannah either late tonight or tomorrow. MA says 7-10 days after that. Hubby wants to drive to Savannah and pick 'em up :D.

Annette

Old 06-19-2015, 07:07 AM
Gloriakogg
1st Gear
Originally Posted by BoCRon
Ours are supposed to dock in Savannah either late tonight or tomorrow. MA says 7-10 days after that. Hubby wants to drive to Savannah and pick 'em up :D.

Annette
HAHA! Thats cute! I will totally do that too if i can. The port is a nonstop 17 hours drive from where i live. I guess i will just keep waiting....

Old 08-09-2016, 10:39 PM
2017MiniS
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jeffherbst
[FONT=&quot]Hi, I have been through the process of ordering and tracking my Mini now for about a month and a half. Through this I have gathered from your many posts the steps to track your mini. They are scattered about so I thought I would put them all together so future readers can track theirs easier.

1. Production #: you have to have this to start. I got mine the day I ordered from my dealer, walked out of the showroom with it. Some have reported waiting up to a week or more for theirs, I believe that this is a matter of dealer allocation. If you order when a dealer still has allocation on a production run, you get your number, if not you have to wait until that dealer gets another allocation.

2. Owners Lounge: Once you have your production number you can goto www.miniusa.com and sign-in to the owners lounge. The 1st few days the info may be wrong (color etc) but it will correct itself soon enough. This is really the slowest to update of the various tracking options. Anyway this is also 1 or 2 ways to get your VIN. Once the Owners Lounge (OL from here on) has your correct car, goto the Where's my baby? page. You need to see the HTML code here, so if you have MS Internet Explorer right click anywhere on the page and select 'View Source', for Firefox use the view menu and select 'Page Source'. There will be 2 lines way down the page with your VIN along with all your order options as well as your dealer’s name. Wright this down somewhere!

3. 866-ASK-MINI: This is really the best info for the early stages, production to being loaded on the ship. Call often, sometimes you will get confliction info, just call back until you get the same answer several times. Talk to a person, the automated system is not much netter than the OL. They can tell you things like when it's in the paint shop etc. Once they tell you it has finished production and is waiting for transport, you can move on.

4. Transport: This is where the Wallenius Wihlmsen site (WW) comes in,
http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/cargoTrack.do , Go here and click on 'Auto Cargo'. Put your VIN in the 'Cargo ID' box. If nothing shows up wait a few hours and try again. Mine took 24 hours from when they said it had left the factory. Once it shows up, you will know the ship, booking and voyage numbers. The voyage details will tell you when and where this ship is going. The bill of lading number will let you see which VIN's are on the ship with you. you may have to scroll down many pages to find yours.

5. Ship tracking: Now you need the www.sailwx.info site Use the 'Find ship by name or call sign' under the Ship Tracker menu. Once you find your ship you can track it across the Atlantic. If the ship is too close to land it will not show up. It seems that they don't report to this site unless they are out to sea. You can always go back to the WW site and check the voyage details to see if it has left a port. Once it gets close to the good 'ol USA you need to switch to http://aisfree.aislive.com , you will need to do a free registration. This is really a paid site but you can usually get enough info from the free version. They have a really details view of the NYC ports, with lists of every ship updated every hour. Once it leaves NYC the info is less detailed and you have to hope to check it at the right time to see your ship listed.[/FONT]
Thanks for putting this together, I just ordered mine. Just got on this forum and found your Thread. The dealer said they would keep me informed, so I didnt even know I could do this.

Old 01-18-2018, 08:46 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Can't track in Owners Lounge

Hi, I got my production number 2 weeks ago, and still am unable to join Mini Owners Lounge. It says

FOR A NEW OWNER, YOU'RE PRETTY QUICK ON THE DRAW.
So quick, in fact, that it seems you’ve beaten our system to the punch. It can take up to a few days for orders to move through our database, so chances are yours is right around the corner. Try again in a few days, but if you still have a problem, double-check your production number with your dealer.

So, two weeks and still it isn't in the system? That seems a bit slow to me. Is this unusual? Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

Old 01-18-2018, 10:36 PM
18cmjcw
2nd Gear
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Chugiakgirl
Hi, I got my production number 2 weeks ago, and still am unable to join Mini Owners Lounge. It says

FOR A NEW OWNER, YOU'RE PRETTY QUICK ON THE DRAW.
So quick, in fact, that it seems you’ve beaten our system to the punch. It can take up to a few days for orders to move through our database, so chances are yours is right around the corner. Try again in a few days, but if you still have a problem, double-check your production number with your dealer.

So, two weeks and still it isn't in the system? That seems a bit slow to me. Is this unusual? Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!
I, too, was checking daily to get access until I was told by MiniUSA that one doesn't typically get access to Owner's Lounge until the car starts actual production and the VIN is assigned (same day)... and that's actually the way it worked for me. Plus, MiniUSA could only provide a tentative completion week number for me. My production didn't actually start until 4 weeks from the day I ordered the car. (Car ordered Oct. 2, 2017, production actually started, Nov 2, 2017.) So, at least for me it wasn't a matter of waiting a "few days" at all, despite what the notification says. However, others have reported that their dealer was somehow able to arrange access to Owner's Lounge prior to the production start. About the only worthwhile thing I think you'll get from achieving "early" access is a confirmation of what is in your build. But you can get this confirmation now from MiniUSA by calling the 1-866-ASK-MINI number, choosing "Customer Relations" from the options, and providing your production number to the person who takes the call.

Old 02-05-2021, 09:38 AM
KCinLex
2nd Gear
Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts
shipping from Munich instead of South Hampton, ???

The Mini rep just told me that my clubman had gone to the port in Muncih instead of South Hampton. It did get there in one day if the "tracking online" is accurate. Has anyone ever heard of cars from the Oxford plant which are completed being sent to Munich to then ship over to the US?'
At what point (if at all) does the actual port show up? I have put my VIN in the Wallenius tracking page (the link for it in the article is no longer in service) & it is not recognized. From what I read elsewhere it seemed that Clubmans were only shipped on the Wallenius line and not the K line, anyone know anything about current situation?
And yes I am anxious to get my new Mini.