1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Track your MINI

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 05:46 AM
Mrs. Zoom
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The shutterbug is a generic photo - don't worry about that. I'm pretty of sick of looking at it, too! Good news is my VIN started showing up today so things are moving along!

Old 06-08-2008, 08:40 AM
cooperfan1024
2nd Gear
Is it possible that Melvin is on a K-Line also? I haven't been able to get any tracking information on him for about 4 days now.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:14 PM
jjp007
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Mrs. Zoom
The shutterbug is a generic photo - don't worry about that. I'm pretty of sick of looking at it, too! Good news is my VIN started showing up today so things are moving along!

My VIN showed up yesterday too :D It's real now!!!

Old 06-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
I ordered my 08 PW/PW MC on 5.15.08 [15 is my favorite # ] and was told that same day by my MA that production will start 6.6.08, however, when I e-mailed him on 5.31.08 to tell him of some additions I wanted, he told me MINI had already started production that morning. So yey! My Baby was a premie! Born a week early! I called ASK-MINI on the 6th and was told it was almost finished and should be completed in a couple of days and then off to be transported in a couple of weeks.

True to their word, as of today, via ASK-MINI, the automated voice said it's been completed and is waiting to be released to the carrier.

Anyone ordered the same week I did? Maybe we'll be on the same boat!

This site is so great for helping pass the time but the wait is killing me!

Oh, btw, I wouldn't have known about 1-866-ASK-MINI if it hadn't been for this site!

Last edited by Tweeckey; 06-08-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jjp007
My VIN showed up yesterday too :D It's real now!!!
Aaaah... that wonderful feeling of seeing your VIN # for the first time!!

Old 06-08-2008, 01:41 PM
chknlil
2nd Gear
All, I'm a new car orderer (lol) too! I ordered my 08 MCS Red Body/Black Top on 5/22/08, so far the car says that it is awaiting transport. Can't find that it was booked yet on the WW site or anything, although the vin is available. It's been in this status for about 5-6 days now. :( Please ship sooon MILTON!!!

My shutterbug is also jacked up. Shows a blue mcs instead of Milton. The waiting is KILLING me!

Old 06-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Originally Posted by chknlil
All, I'm a new car orderer (lol) too! I ordered my 08 MCS Red Body/Black Top on 5/22/08, so far the car says that it is awaiting transport. Can't find that it was booked yet on the WW site or anything, although the vin is available. It's been in this status for about 5-6 days now. :( Please ship sooon MILTON!!!

My shutterbug is also jacked up. Shows a blue mcs instead of Milton. The waiting is KILLING me!
WELCOME! I believe we're on the same boat literally and figuratively?
Update me on the status of your new baby!

I'm thinking of giving mine the name of "Pee-Wee". Yeah. Itti-bitti-lil'-MINI Pee-Wee. Sounds perfect for a 2008 PW/PW MC, don't you think?

Old 06-08-2008, 02:20 PM
jjp007
4th Gear

Wow I ordered mine on 5/24 so mine shouldn't be that far behind yours! Have you talked to anyone at Ask Mini? When I've called I've always gotten a voicemail but it has been at odd times. I will have to call tomorrow during normal business hours.

Old 06-08-2008, 03:56 PM
chknlil
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Tweeckey
WELCOME! I believe we're on the same boat literally and figuratively?
Update me on the status of your new baby!

I'm thinking of giving mine the name of "Pee-Wee". Yeah. Itti-bitti-lil'-MINI Pee-Wee. Sounds perfect for a 2008 PW/PW MC, don't you think?

Sounds like it! Yours shows the same status as mine? Awaiting Transport? The toll free says it is at port awaiting shipment?

I'm sooo impatient right now.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Sounds like it! Yours shows the same status as mine? Awaiting Transport? The toll free says it is at port awaiting shipment?

I'm sooo impatient right now.
Hey Chknlil!

So I just got off the phone with a live person from ASK-MINI and he told me that he really doesn't have any idea if my MINI is out on the sea already because "we have no way of tracking them once they get to the port of exit". And I clarified what he said, so here's what I got; by port of exit he meant that it's out on the loading dock/area now either already awaiting to board or is already on its way here. He said the best person I could get infos from is my MA because he has all the tracking infos. He couldn't give me the name of the ship or even how to track it! Some help. Oh well.. I e-mailed my MA a few mins ago so we'll see.

And yup, my status just changed to "Awaiting Transport" last night. My brother was tracking it and he asked when the last time I checked. Told him it was still "Scheduled for Production" last time I did.

So yeah! I HOPE WE ARE ON THE SAME BOAT!

Mind if I ask your location? I'm here in Orange County and Port Hueneme VDC is I believe just more than an hour from here..

HANG IN THERE JUST A LITTLE BIT LONGER!!!

Last edited by Tweeckey; 06-09-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:20 AM
chknlil
2nd Gear
See, that's the thing. I doubt we are on the same boat, I'm in Kansas City. My car is going to the South Carolina VDC. My MA said...it's waiting on shipment still. Hahah. So they weren't able to give me anymore info than 866 ASK MINI.

--Jeff

Old 06-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
See, that's the thing. I doubt we are on the same boat, I'm in Kansas City. My car is going to the South Carolina VDC. My MA said...it's waiting on shipment still. Hahah. So they weren't able to give me anymore info than 866 ASK MINI.

--Jeff
Oh haha! Well atleast figuratively then. How far is that from your place? Glad your MA was able to tell you something. Mine hasn't replied yet. Funny how fast they return your e-mails when you were still deciding on getting a MINI... Did you order the same week I did?

Oh well, I think I'll just sleep on it and hopefully by the time I wake up in time for work he'll have a reply by then. [I work nites]. Will update you!

-donna-

Old 06-09-2008, 10:33 AM
chknlil
2nd Gear
I ordered mine on 5/22 so 2 days before you. I'll just have to be patient. There's something magical about it being on the boat though. In the meantime...I need to sell my GTO.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:24 AM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
ALL ABOARD!!!

I am booked and my MINI is ready to go!

He's going aboard the Asian Chorus

Vessel: ASIAN CHORUS Port of origin :SOUTHAMPTON Voyage : ED823-ASC Port of Destination :PORT HUENEME, CA

----------------------------------------------
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL SOUTHAMPTON 08/06/2008 15:36 --- BOOKED SOUTHAMPTON 07/05/2008 09:46

Leaving on the 12th I think! So anybody else with me?

Old 06-10-2008, 12:58 PM
thevelourfog
5th Gear
My Mini will be on that boat too! Can't wait to get it!

Vessel: ASIAN CHORUS Port of origin :SOUTHAMPTON Voyage : ED823-ASC Port of Destination :PORT HUENEME, CA

RECEIVED AT TERMINAL SOUTHAMPTON 08/06/2008 15:36 --- BOOKED SOUTHAMPTON 07/05/2008 09:46

Old 06-10-2008, 06:35 PM
ghustonus
Neutral
You can't always get what you want

Great roll up of how to track a MINI from the factory.

This is my first post to this site.

My Oxyblue MINI (built 6/2/08) is finally at sea, at least that's what my MA says. Owner's lounge says is still awaiting transport and ASK-MINI said went to sea a couple of days ago, just got call from the MA today.

Tried to track using the above method but WW shows no vehicle like mine being shipped. Guess K-Line or some other ship has it, is there any way to track on alternate lines. MA said he didn't know which ship it was on. He did say it was going to the port of carolina, any idea which one that is or ships that might be going there?

Thanks for the above information just wish I could find mine using these methods. Thanks for the help.

Gary

Old 06-10-2008, 07:57 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hi:

I read through the posts in this tread, but I still have a question on the production number. My apologies if it was answered and I missed it. I placed my order 06/03/08 and the MA told be it would be two weeks for a production number. Do I have to call him or will he e-mail the production number? I don't want to be a pest if it's not called for, so let me know how you received your numbers. I know some have been lucky and received it the same day and others had to wait a couple of weeks.

sikamini

Old 06-10-2008, 08:02 PM
jjp007
4th Gear
Welcome Gary, wow how did you get so lucky to get yours done and on a boat so fast? Lucky lucky... I ordered mine on 5/24/08 and mine is at the body shop and will be done tomorrow so I still have a long wait.

Good luck finding out which boat your baby is on. I'll start that in a bit.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:03 PM
jjp007
4th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
Hi:

I read through the posts in this tread, but I still have a question on the production number. My apologies if it was answered and I missed it. I placed my order 06/03/08 and the MA told be it would be two weeks for a production number. Do I have to call him or will he e-mail the production number? I don't want to be a pest if it's not called for, so let me know how you received your numbers. I know some have been lucky and received it the same day and others had to wait a couple of weeks.

sikamini

Call or email. I prefer to email unless it's something I need asap. I got mine the day I placed the order but it doesn't seem to have made the process faster.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:40 PM
jamz9987
3rd Gear
sikamini, if he didn't give you the number, it's probably because he waiting for a slot from Mini for the order. You'll need to email him.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:31 PM
ghustonus
Neutral
Reply to sikamini

I called my salesman after a couple of days and he was able to give me the production number. He said it would take a couple of days and to not be surprised if the mini described wasn't mine since they reuse the numbers. Despite his warning I signed up for the owner's lounge and sure enough my MINI showed as scheduled for production.

Gary

Old 06-11-2008, 09:56 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jjp007
Call or email. I prefer to email unless it's something I need asap. I got mine the day I placed the order but it doesn't seem to have made the process faster.
Originally Posted by jamz9987
sikamini, if he didn't give you the number, it's probably because he waiting for a slot from Mini for the order. You'll need to email him.
Originally Posted by ghustonus
Reply to sikamini

I called my salesman after a couple of days and he was able to give me the production number. He said it would take a couple of days and to not be surprised if the mini described wasn't mine since they reuse the numbers. Despite his warning I signed up for the owner's lounge and sure enough my MINI showed as scheduled for production.

Gary
Thank you for the advice and info. I'll give him till next Tuesday since he said two weeks and then I'll call and e-mail him. Thanks again, your all great and I know you understand my anxiety.
sika

Old 06-11-2008, 06:00 PM
minimundus
1st Gear
Ours is on there as well

RECEIVED AT TERMINAL SOUTHAMPTON 10/06/2008 15:48 BOOKED SOUTHAMPTON 10/06/2008 14:59

Old 06-11-2008, 07:26 PM
blackjackmark
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ghustonus
Tried to track using the above method but WW shows no vehicle like mine being shipped. Guess K-Line or some other ship has it, is there any way to track on alternate lines. MA said he didn't know which ship it was on. He did say it was going to the port of carolina, any idea which one that is or ships that might be going there?
Gary
You're probably on the Sierra Nevada Highway, if you're not showing up on the W&W site. The Patriot is a W&W ship, so your VIN would be on their site if you were on it. The rest area all K-Line ships, with no tracking capability.(stolen from the "Week 23 Support Group" thread

Charleston VDC
PATRIOT
Departed: 07-Jun ETA:21-Jun

SIERRA NEVADA HIGHWAY Departed: 8‐Jun ETA: 19‐Jun

WESTERN HIGHWAY Departs: 13‐Jun ETA: 26‐Jun
EMDEN Departs: 21‐Jun ETA: 3‐Jul
COURAGE Departs: 21‐Jun ETA: 5‐Jul EB825-COG * This vessel will not be accepting commercial bookings.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:08 PM
cooperfan1024
2nd Gear
Yeah the Sierra Nevada Highway is on its way to the Virginia port. Maybe we're both on there

Last edited by cooperfan1024; 06-11-2008 at 10:10 PM.

Quick Reply: How to Track your MINI