R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 tracking your mini

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 06:13 PM
runninbeer
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tracking your mini

wow, i have tried fow two weeks now to locate the ship my clubman is on. I followed the directions:
[FONT=&quot]Hi, I have been through the process of ordering and tracking my Mini now for about a month and a half. Through this I have gathered from your many posts the steps to track your mini. They are scattered about so I thought I would put them all together so future readers can track theirs easier.

1. Production #: you have to have this to start. I got mine the day I ordered from my dealer, walked out of the showroom with it. Some have reported waiting up to a week or more for theirs, I believe that this is a matter of dealer allocation. If you order when a dealer still has allocation on a production run, you get your number, if not you have to wait until that dealer gets another allocation.

2. Owners Lounge: Once you have your production number you can goto www.miniusa.com and sign-in to the owners lounge. The 1st few days the info may be wrong (color etc) but it will correct itself soon enough. This is really the slowest to update of the various tracking options. Anyway this is also 1 or 2 ways to get your VIN. Once the Owners Lounge (OL from here on) has your correct car, goto the Where's my baby? page. You need to see the HTML code here, so if you have MS Internet Explorer right click anywhere on the page and select 'View Source', for Firefox use the view menu and select 'Page Source'. There will be 2 lines way down the page with your VIN along with all your order options as well as your dealer’s name. Wright this down somewhere!

3. 866-ASK-MINI: This is really the best info for the early stages, production to being loaded on the ship. Call often, sometimes you will get confliction info, just call back until you get the same answer several times. Talk to a person, the automated system is not much netter than the OL. They can tell you things like when it's in the paint shop etc. Once they tell you it has finished production and is waiting for transport, you can move on.

4. Transport: This is where the Wallenius Wihlmsen site (WW) comes in,
http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/cargoTrack.do , Go here and click on 'Auto Cargo'. Put your VIN in the 'Cargo ID' box. If nothing shows up wait a few hours and try again. Mine took 24 hours from when they said it had left the factory. Once it shows up, you will know the ship, booking and voyage numbers. The voyage details will tell you when and where this ship is going. The bill of lading number will let you see which VIN's are on the ship with you. you may have to scroll down many pages to find yours.

5. Ship tracking: Now you need the www.sailwx.info site Use the 'Find ship by name or call sign' under the Ship Tracker menu. Once you find your ship you can track it across the Atlantic. If the ship is too close to land it will not show up. It seems that they don't report to this site unless they are out to sea. You can always go back to the WW site and check the voyage details to see if it has left a port. Once it gets close to the good 'ol USA you need to switch to http://aisfree.aislive.com , you will need to do a free registration. This is really a paid site but you can usually get enough info from the free version. They have a really details view of the NYC ports, with lists of every ship updated every hour. Once it leaves NYC the info is less detailed and you have to hope to check it at the right time to see your ship listed.[/FONT]

I can't get past step 4. I have the production number the vin etc. It just does not show up. Any suggestions?

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 04-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Doogs
4th Gear
1 - It may not have made it onto a ship yet.

2 - You may be on K-Line, not WW. Have you tried contact your MA for more details?

Old 04-22-2008, 08:54 AM
joejoe01
2nd Gear
What Doogs said. I had to contact my MA to find out I was on a K-Line ship. The only difference is that there is no real time update for K-Line loading. But, with the ship name my MA gave me, I went to www.kline.com and under schedules then ro-ro/car carrier, there is a schedule posted. I found my ship and port of entry (also given to me by my MA) and could tell when the ship would be docked in Southampton and when it was scheduled to arive in my port of entry. My ship left on time, but www.sailwx.info did not pick it up until it was half-way across the Atlantic. I found out that the ships report weather conditions voluntarily, so if your ship doesn't post a report, you won't be able to see it. My ship landed a day early (by 15 minutes).

Hope this helps.
joe

Old 04-24-2008, 08:46 AM
SpaGuru
Neutral
Our MINI is on the Vessel INTEGRITY and it is en route across the Atlantic and is due to dock in Charleston on 03/05/08. The MINI Clubman S was loaded on the vessel on 04/19/2008 and the ship set sail the same day...

Hope this helps!