1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first thread...

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 05:37 AM
PFC Moody
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My first thread...

Hello to all the mini lovers out there! I wanted to post this thread and introduce myself, since this is where most people post their first thread at. I am Zack Moody from Greenwood, SC, and I am currently in Baghdad, Iraq. I am 19, and will be attending The Citadel next fall. I have a 2003 silver on silver MCS with the lapis blue interior. That car is my baby and I cant wait to get back her...she has waited too long! I have plans to do lots of mods upon my return home, and plans on attending lots of meets...including the Dragon '05! Well I better get going, duty calls! Good luck to you all with the mini's and keep up the good work on the site guys!

Attached Thumbnails My first thread...-titan-it.jpg   My first thread...-me-and-general-shoemaker.jpg  
Old 01-25-2005, 05:49 AM
oldhippie
2nd Gear
Location: Cowan, Tennessee (Foothills of the Great Smokey Mountains)
Welcome to NAM PFC Moody!!!!!!! and Thanks for serving our country !!!!!We too hope you are home soon (safe/sound) and have the MINI motoring through the SC mountains. Oh by the way, do you need someone to go over and warm her up??????

Old 01-25-2005, 09:03 AM
Goatherder
3rd Gear
Hey Zack, welcome to NAM. Hope everything is going well for you in Baghdad. Stay safe and soon you will be back home enjoying your MINI. Please keep in touch and thank you for keeping us safe.

Old 01-25-2005, 09:14 AM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Thanks Zack

Thanks Zack for being a soldier. You truly are a hero. I can't thank you enough for doing the job that you are doing. God protect you and keep you safe as you serve. God bring you back home to your MINI quickly and safely!

When does your tour end?

Old 01-25-2005, 09:23 AM
10851CS
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by oldhippie
Welcome to NAM PFC Moody!!!!!!! and Thanks for serving our country !!!!!We too hope you are home soon (safe/sound) and have the MINI motoring through the SC mountains.
What he said.

Earl

Old 01-25-2005, 12:29 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome aboard my friend. May you have a safe trip back to the good ole USA And thanks for serving our country....Happy Motoring when you return - SC has some gorgeous roads...:smile: :smile: :smile:

Donna

Old 01-25-2005, 12:57 PM
kramseib
3rd Gear
Zack, welcome aboard!!! Thanks for doing your part in Iraq. I am currently serving in the Air Force in Ramstein Germany. Although I am not in the thick of things like yourself. Keep safe and if you happen to come across any of those [insurgents] just give them this face and you've got a target. Really, thanks for doing a great job for the UNITED STATES and the rest of the free world. Your MINI is waiting for you as well as many other MINI enthusiasts. Keep up the GREAT work you are doing there. It's nice to see you have internet service there. You can get some of the "real" world from time to time.

Really, THANK YOU and the rest of you who are down range serving to keep the world safe.

Edited by DiD: Let's keep the racially insensitive remarks off of NAM. Thanks.

Last edited by dave; 01-26-2005 at 07:34 AM.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Lakesands
2nd Gear
All I can say is thank you and we are proud of all of you guys who are keeping us safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-25-2005, 02:05 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by PFC Moody
Hello to all the mini lovers out there!

I have plans to do lots of mods upon my return home, and plans on attending lots of meets...including the Dragon '05! Well I better get going, duty calls! Good luck to you all with the mini's and keep up the good work on the site guys!
PFC Moody,

Aloha from Hawaii and welcome to NAM.
Good to hear from you and hoping for your safe tour of duty and return home soon. If you make it to the Dragon '05 be sure to let others know you've been following us from afar. Maybe mount your unit flag from your antennae!
Thanks for serving your country, send us an update or two along the way.

Old 01-25-2005, 03:44 PM
Hunter
3rd Gear
PFC Moody,

You're wishing us luck? Although I never served, I do appreciate VERY much that you're doing the job that you are doing. How do you tell someone to stay out of harm's way when they ARE in harm's way? Come home in one piece, soldier. (if I may say that)

That's got to be the first time I've seen a MINI owner post on NAM while he's armed! :smile: Does Moss have a gun rack yet?

Okay, new mission orders for the day PFC Moody. We often see pictures from Iraq of high end European machinery over there. True, it is often after that car has had a particularly bad experience with something explosive. So, it's fair to say that some European cars have gotten into the country. You've got to let us know if you see any Minis (new or classic) over there.

Keep us posted

Hunter

Old 01-25-2005, 08:48 PM
COR BLMY
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome.

I am also new to the forum.
Really cool people all MINI crazy.
Thanks for all you do. Makes me happy to be in such good company.

Old 01-25-2005, 08:54 PM
El Diablito Rojo-N20Mini
Banned
thanks for serving and get home safely.... from a former Jarhead who was in the first go round....

Semper Fi

Old 01-26-2005, 11:10 AM
Ghost
1st Gear
Welcome Zack, and thanks for your service. As the old sarge used to say, "Be careful out there!"

Air Force Vet 1977-1983....

Old 01-26-2005, 11:23 AM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome to the NAM community, Zack! Hope to meet you when you attend MINIs On The Dragon in May! Thanks for your service to all of us in the US! Be strong and be safe!

Clover