1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Island Mini

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 11:01 AM
Sticky Wicket
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long Island Mini

Recently ordered my MCSC and hoping to see it in Feb. Have been seeing more Mini's around as of late, which is a relief here in the homeland of the bohemoth SUV. Don't think there is a local club. Anyone out there got any info on that. Would love to get together with other owners and swap info in person (this site rules though).
Happy motoringin' all.

Old 12-13-2004, 01:21 PM
DoubleM
Neutral
Look no further, fellow Long Islander. http://www.newyorkmini.org

Thats where my Long Island MINI club meged with all the other online groups to form a MAXI NY area MINI family.

We have had lots of events right here on LI. We meet sometimes at Captree State Park on Sunday Mornings in the winter and at OBI in the summer. I live in Levittown, bought my MINI from Habberstad and I welcome you to the wonderfull family of MINI lovers on our over SUV popullated island! Look for me on the road in my Gold and Black Cooper with the number 5 on the side. The plates are 24K MINI...

Motor On... Marbles Mahoney (DoubleM)
NewYorkMini.org Administrator
http://www.newyorkmini.org

Old 12-13-2004, 01:27 PM
thegooch
1st Gear
Old 12-14-2004, 12:10 PM
Sticky Wicket
4th Gear
Originally Posted by DoubleM
Look no further, fellow Long Islander. http://www.newyorkmini.org

Thats where my Long Island MINI club meged with all the other online groups to form a MAXI NY area MINI family.

We have had lots of events right here on LI. We meet sometimes at Captree State Park on Sunday Mornings in the winter and at OBI in the summer. I live in Levittown, bought my MINI from Habberstad and I welcome you to the wonderfull family of MINI lovers on our over SUV popullated island! Look for me on the road in my Gold and Black Cooper with the number 5 on the side. The plates are 24K MINI...

Motor On... Marbles Mahoney (DoubleM)
NewYorkMini.org Administrator
http://www.newyorkmini.org
Thanks guys. I'll defintely keep an eye out and hope to see y'all at some post-Feb. gatherings. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.
I've ordered through Mini of the Hamptons. I had some dealings with Habberstad, but got turned off when one of their guys called me and fed me a line about how prices were going up a 1000$ to try and push me to order earlier. Know anybody else working through the Hamptons guys? How have you found Habberstad to be post-purchase?

Old 12-17-2004, 05:59 PM
minibrute
4th Gear
welcome

Hey welcome to nam and a new obcsession. I'm a Long Islander who gave up the suv for an mcs and happy to have made such a decision. I love driving my mcs and lucky to comute when everybody is already at work. You may see my blk/wht w/stripes mcs on the northern state parkway between hauppauge and rt.135 towards bethpage, please wave or beep. I'll be smiling and greeting you back. I hope your wait goes by fast but I know its torture. I'll have to cruise over to captree sunday morning, What time is the meet? I'd love to meet other mini maniacs.

Old 12-17-2004, 06:25 PM
meg
5th Gear
Welcome sticky wicket, and congrats on the order.
I bought my first and second MINI from Habberstad in huntington. I really like their sales dept, but haven't always had the best experiences with their service dept. Hopefully things will be different with my new cabrio. However they do give loaner cars, but it might only be if you purchased your vehicle at their facility.
You can also visit NEMINI
there are several LI MINI owners on that board. Hope to see ya around the island.