1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 10:08 AM
Mini Perfecto
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coast to Coast

Good morning:

Wanted to introduce myself and my MCS-- the car's name is mini perfecto--same as in the format of cigar...yes I smoke and collect cigars. Right now more smoking than collecting as I am moving my family from Southern California to Baltimore at the end of the month. Mini perfecto and I will be making the 2700-mile plus journey with stops along the way (world's biggest ball of foil, tallest groundhog, the snakeatorium).Are there any gatherings in the baltimore area? If so, please let me know as I would like to meet other minis and their drivers.

Later
C.I.

Old 12-08-2004, 11:03 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome aboard my friend! Have a great trip across... Check out www.dcmetrominis.org and their forum here on NAM. They are a great club - very active!!!:smile:

Chow!

Donna

Old 12-08-2004, 11:13 AM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome to NAM, C.I.! Sorry to see you leave my neck of the woods, but DC Metro MINIs will be a great way for you to meet new friends and MINI enthusiasts when you get to B'more! I've taken 2 cross-country trips in my MINI, and both times stayed with DC members and had fun dinners with others...great group of MINIacs!

I like your taste in attractions....foil and snakes! Woo hoo! Happy trails! :smile:

Clover

Old 12-08-2004, 11:22 AM
DrkSilvrMini
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM. You will have to look me up when you get into town, I live about a half hour from Baltimore. The MINI scene around here is pretty nice. You still get the occaisonal stare :smile:. Anyways good luck with the road trip over here .

Old 12-13-2004, 11:57 AM
Mini Perfecto
Neutral
looking forward to it!

Thanks for the welcome! Sounds like the DC mini club is a good one-- cannot wait to get out there. I can believe it's an active club-- I saw more minis in DC than any other place! Considering the traffic, parking, and all those roundabouts, it makes sense to drive the Mini!

I know what you mean about the stares-- only saw three minis in the baltimore area on a visit recently. We get stares out here too-- us parents in the front seat, our two girls in the back, and the double-stroller bungied on the luggage rack overhead. People must wonder how we do it... (only for day trips-- otherwise we would all go crazy!!!

Talk soon...
C.I.