1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Happy to be joining the MINI community ("coming home")! :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 07:04 AM
GuardianDesigns
Former Vendor
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Happy to be joining the MINI community ("coming home")! :)

Hi everyone! Wanted to take a moment to introduce ourselves!

We are a small but passionate team of three (Tomasz, Angelos, Michal) based in Poland and Canada who are first and foremost car and driving enthusiasts and have enjoyed crafting beautiful and functional OEM+ steering wheels and other sports car styling upgrades for customers around the world since 2014. We have crafted hundreds of bespoke steering wheels for Mazda MX-5 and RX-7/8, Honda S2000, Fiat 124 along with other interesting customer cars from other marques like Lexus, Genesis, and Alfa Romeo... and now MINI!

We are *forever* MINI fans... I've owned a couple of them... an R56 JustaCooper (fitted with JCW suspension and really sticky tires) and an R53 JCW (fitted with everything straight from factory). And boy do I miss that JCW... it was a 2006 Competition Edition and just so nicely set up especially the SC whine!

Another JCW is inevitable and already in "planning stage" (F56 or maybe even F57 this time)... happy to hear pros/cons of the hatch versus soft top versions but will save my questions to bug you in the JCW section.

Happy to be back!

Old 06-22-2019, 07:11 AM
GuardianDesigns
Former Vendor
My old JCW...

Competition Edition -- car #21/64 ...

... hope you are still out there tearing up back roads, little guy!

Old 06-22-2019, 04:34 PM
miniCPA
5th Gear
Received 145 Likes on 129 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I saw your steering wheel on your other post. Great looking wheel. I am committed to keeping my MINI stock, otherwise, I might have been a customer.

The MINI convertible and hardtop have distinctly different personalities. You will find adamant supporters of each. Since you are a team of three, perhaps you should get one of each and an AWD version as well for good measure. While you are at it, go for one from each generation as well.

Old 06-22-2019, 08:54 PM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 328 Likes on 309 Posts
Hi and welcome to NAM.
I am an R53 JCW nut!

Old 01-28-2021, 03:22 PM
GuardianDesigns
Former Vendor
Thanks for warm welcome and realized I should update this... didn't find the ideal JCW when looking last fall but DID find an R55 S in Chili Red/Black and great spec. Have been loving "being back" with a MINI again! Even more fun and character than I remember (love how quick and smooth the 1.6T revs up) and the R55 "mini-wagon" shape is perfectly practical.

Build thread/ownership log with pics if anyone wants to follow the fun: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...rship-log.html