1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Justa owner checking in

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 12:05 PM
vroomvroombeepbeep
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R56 Justa owner checking in

Picked up Evie (a 2010 standard) early last week based on many things I've read in this forum. She's 53k miles young and sports a mostly clean bill of health from the PPI. Thank you all for being an excellent resource for a paranoid car shopper

I'll attach more, better pictures later.

Old 10-28-2018, 08:26 PM
iankun
2nd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Love Evie's color scheme. What're the plans?

Old 10-29-2018, 01:03 AM
vroomvroombeepbeep
Neutral
Plans are:

PPI (actually conducted post purchase because I was overly excited) revealed a need for new control arm bushings and an AC recharge. Everything else is golden.

I’ve got some cosmetic changes I’d like to do, but that’s about it for now. I’d like to swap the wheels out for holies, put in some wood trim, and probably retrofit in some foglights. An extra key would be nice too :D. I’m sure eventually I’ll want some more power, but holy crap she’s a lot of fun as is.

Old 10-29-2018, 04:11 AM
Scudder44
4th Gear
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts
Replace the hyrdo bushes with powerflex on the lower control arms :-) Huge difference! Happy motoring.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:51 PM
iankun
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by vroomvroombeepbeep
Plans are:

PPI (actually conducted post purchase because I was overly excited) revealed a need for new control arm bushings and an AC recharge. Everything else is golden.

I’ve got some cosmetic changes I’d like to do, but that’s about it for now. I’d like to swap the wheels out for holies, put in some wood trim, and probably retrofit in some foglights. An extra key would be nice too :D. I’m sure eventually I’ll want some more power, but holy crap she’s a lot of fun as is.
Nice, how about adding a stubby antennae to the list of cosmetic mods and maybe de-chrome the front.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:49 PM
vroomvroombeepbeep
Neutral
Originally Posted by iankun
Nice, how about adding a stubby antennae to the list of cosmetic mods and maybe de-chrome the front.
Checkered stubby on the way, need some new license plate holders, not sure why anyone would ever want to de-chrome. Does the chrome decrease horsepower? Should I add a type-R badge to the back?

...no for real should I do that?

Old 10-30-2018, 01:22 PM
MrGrumpy
6th Gear
Received 241 Likes on 207 Posts
It’s all personal opinion of how you want it to look! It’s your car, make it yours in your own way! If you like the chrome, keep it! It looks good with that Color. Personally I chose to black mine out, but it goes with the coffee/black color scheme better IMO. One of the great things about having a Mini is the wide range of customization options out there for them. If you start to look, all of the Mini’s that are truly loved, have all had SOMETHING done, whether that’s de-chromed, grill badges, even just a sticker. Make it yours in a way that makes YOU happy and don’t worry about what anyone else thinks!
As long as you love it, that’s what matters, you drive it, not them!
cheers!

The following users liked this post:
iankun (11-01-2018)
Old 11-01-2018, 06:06 AM
iankun
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MrGrumpy
It’s all personal opinion of how you want it to look! It’s your car, make it yours in your own way! If you like the chrome, keep it! It looks good with that Color. Personally I chose to black mine out, but it goes with the coffee/black color scheme better IMO. One of the great things about having a Mini is the wide range of customization options out there for them. If you start to look, all of the Mini’s that are truly loved, have all had SOMETHING done, whether that’s de-chromed, grill badges, even just a sticker. Make it yours in a way that makes YOU happy and don’t worry about what anyone else thinks!
As long as you love it, that’s what matters, you drive it, not them!
cheers!
Couldn't have said it any better

Old 11-05-2018, 06:29 PM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 328 Likes on 309 Posts
Hi and welcome to NAM!
Nice looking Justa!