1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sold The Bike - Bought a Roadster

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 10:47 AM
MinGin
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sold The Bike - Bought a Roadster

After much discussion, my wife and I decided to go from 3 wheels to 4. And what a blast it has been. Picked up a '15 Roadster S and couldn't be happier.
Haven't done much to her (the car-not my wife) other than losing the run flats, changing some of the experior lights to LED's and a little bit of stereo work.

I must say - in reading through this forum, I marvel at the mechanical expertise and creativity the members demonstrate.

Everyone seems both knowledgable and helpful.

Glad to be here.

Alvin

Old 10-15-2018, 12:16 PM
miniCPA
5th Gear
Received 145 Likes on 129 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the MINI experience. I would not be surprised if you were to report that: the handling is better in the MINI, you can drive faster safely, the MINI weighs less and has less horsepower. Just my guesses.

I agree that the forum has extremely helpful and knowledgeable members. They are always willing and able to steer us newcomers in a good direction.

Old 10-15-2018, 02:25 PM
MinGin
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah. After I had the Big Red Bike triked back in '11, handling became "handling". But I couldn't deal with the weight anymore - so she became a really comfortable highway machine.

And even though the mini weighs more and has a smaller engine, she could run circles around my old bike.
AND she gets better gas mileage. AND she has an air conditioner. AND she has a heater. AND she has a roof.
And all those 'AND's make my wife smile.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:07 AM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 328 Likes on 309 Posts
Hi and welcome to the NAM family, MinGin!
Congrats on your Mini S roadster! Many of us here come from a motorcycle background too! The Mini is as good as it gets for a car, with tons of fun and small and agile!
Your Mini Looks great and I bet it will be more fun with the wife too! (although, you will probably need to buy another)
Enjoy your adventures and don't forget to tell us about them!

Old 10-24-2018, 06:24 PM
iankun
2nd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by MinGin
Yeah. After I had the Big Red Bike triked back in '11, handling became "handling". But I couldn't deal with the weight anymore - so she became a really comfortable highway machine.

And even though the mini weighs more and has a smaller engine, she could run circles around my old bike.
AND she gets better gas mileage. AND she has an air conditioner. AND she has a heater. AND she has a roof.
And all those 'AND's make my wife smile.
LOL, well said Alvin. I'm still working that angle with my wife
Welcome to NAM and thats a pretty hectic looking bike

Old 10-25-2018, 04:23 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 756 Likes on 618 Posts
Congrats. I loved and sometimes miss my bike, but honestly after I got my first MINI I didn't ride enough.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more