1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Owner of 2006 BRG Mini in Woodstock, IL

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 07:05 AM
cknbus
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for Owner of 2006 BRG Mini in Woodstock, IL

Hi all,
I am hoping to find the new owner of my 2006 BRG with white stripes Mini Cooper who I believe lives in Woodstock, IL. I sold my Mini in 2010 to help pay for the adoption of our daughter. To make a long story short, we have been through 3 years of hell trying to get her the help she needs and have lost so much to the early childhood trauma that she endured. The Mini I sold is a tangible reminder of better days and it means a lot to me. I would like to get the new owner my e-mail address in case they ever plan on selling it, I would be very grateful if they would contact me first and give me the opportunity to buy it back if we are financially able. Last 4 digits of the VIN are 7970. Thanks for any leads you can provide.

Peace,
Jodie

Old 09-11-2013, 01:34 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cknbus
Hi all,
I am hoping to find the new owner of my 2006 BRG with white stripes Mini Cooper who I believe lives in Woodstock, IL. I sold my Mini in 2010 to help pay for the adoption of our daughter. To make a long story short, we have been through 3 years of hell trying to get her the help she needs and have lost so much to the early childhood trauma that she endured. The Mini I sold is a tangible reminder of better days and it means a lot to me. I would like to get the new owner my e-mail address in case they ever plan on selling it, I would be very grateful if they would contact me first and give me the opportunity to buy it back if we are financially able. Last 4 digits of the VIN are 7970. Thanks for any leads you can provide.

Peace,
Jodie
In Illinois, you can find out a lot of current information on any vehicle if you know the VIN. Just go to the Secretary of State cyber drive site at http://www.ilsos.gov/regstatus/ and enter the VIN. It won't tell you the owner or address, but can give you license plate number, when it was last registered, etc.

There are sites that will provide you with the ownership information as a "Reverse VIN lookup". The one below charged a fee of $87 for this service, but I have no experience using them. You can Google "reverse VIN lookup" for other options.

http://www.searchbug.com/investigato...aspx?TYPE=VINN

I hope you can find the information, and god luck with your daughter's care.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:46 PM
ColaTownMini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by cknbus
Hi all,

Peace,
Jodie
Hang in there Jodie and good luck! Better days will come!

Old 09-11-2013, 08:58 PM
LittleBlackBug
2nd Gear
Crossing my fingers you find it!

Old 09-12-2013, 06:54 AM
cknbus
Neutral
Looking for BRG with White Stripes Mini in Woodstock

Thanks for your support and suggestions. I signed up for Car Fax and it gave a registration in Woodstock. In May of 2012, it was serviced at Patrick Mini in Schaumburg, there has been no activity since. I sent letters to the dealer in Chevy Dealer in Crystal Lake that sold it in 2011 and to Patrick Mini in hopes that one of them would be able to use the VIN and do me a personal favor by forwarding my letter to the owner that is likely in their records. Finger crossed they arrive in the hands of a compassionate person!

Jodie