1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 03:42 PM
BobK500
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 14PacemanSAll4
Just thought I would share that on the mini owners site it says my '14 paceman is en route, I checked WW and it said the boat left south hampton yesterday and should be in NY which I think is actually the Bayonne NJ port on or about October 2nd.

Hopefully a few others that are waiting are on board with my new girl!
What ship? Mine is on the Don Juan with the 10/2 date for NY.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:03 PM
14PacemanSAll4
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tampadave
I thought you were voiding the sale? If things changed, that's fantastic. I'm confused.
I think you have the wrong person, perhaps a similar username? I am not canceling mine, I am extremely excited for mine and per mini it was built to my specs.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:04 PM
14PacemanSAll4
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BobK500
What ship? Mine is on the Don Juan with the 10/2 date for NY.
I too am on the Don Juan, perhaps our mini's are roommates haha. Where did you order yours from? I am in Northern NJ

Old 09-23-2013, 04:07 PM
14PacemanSAll4
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SheldonCoopr
So if you are tired of patiently waiting for your MA to call you, have lost contact with your ship in the middle of the Atlantic and you are feeling like your not obsessive enough already...,, Go to this site and enter In the last 7 of your VIN http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html

It provides you the birth date a picture of your exterior and interior complete with zoom capability and a listing of all your options.

I found it very therapeutic while my wife thought well ... yes obsessive
I get my vehicle info and build sheet but no photos? Does everyone else get photos? I get the full list of options however. I am using chrome on my macbook pro and nothing will show up.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:11 PM
banderlin
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by KennyR
Banderlin:

If it isn't on your VIR, IMO I think you bear most of the responsibility for the error/oversight. My MA went over the VIR line by line with me to compare to my "Build my MINI" order sheet, and assure everything I wanted was on the order before I signed off. It would be up to your dealer whether to order you another car and/or refund your deposit, etc.

If
Seems like it was a comedy of errors and will turn out okay. In short: it wasn't on the print-out that I brought into the dealer, which the MA used to turn into the order. Didn't catch this on the VIR. So yeah, dumb customer syndrome. BUT, as the GM of the dealer just said to me, "We should have caught that." Of all the options, heated seats are the one that everyone in this neck of the woods orders.

So, I have no recourse but to get aftermarket heated seats, which, according to the GM, are better than MINI's, since they go up the back too. Same price. GM had nothing but high regards for the vendor that they partner with. He said that while I'm at 85% customer satisfaction, he's going to see what he can do to get me to 100%. What that means, I have no idea, but I hope it's something. I guess I'm at peace with the whole thing (especially since I'm the dummy who didn't have it on the printout).

Really psyched to be reading about all of your MINIs taking a cruise together soon, or just finishing one. They will be rested and relaxed for their new lives with you.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:14 PM
BobK500
1st Gear
I too am on the Don Juan, perhaps our mini's are roommates haha. Where did you order yours from? I am in Northern NJ
My dealer is on Long Island. That's three of us on the Don Juan, there is another member, Dogwhistle that also said he was aboard.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:33 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
I think you have the wrong person, perhaps a similar username? I am not canceling mine, I am extremely excited for mine and per mini it was built to my specs.
ha I was confused 2!! then I went back and looked at earlier posts. It was a member with the handle "Paceman14S" no "All4" . Understandable confusion .

Like your choice of colors all around!!!

Old 09-23-2013, 04:58 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
I get my vehicle info and build sheet but no photos? Does everyone else get photos? I get the full list of options however. I am using chrome on my macbook pro and nothing will show up.
I just ran this link in Explorer, Firefox and Google chrome on my inferior Windows laptop and all three worked with pictures. Maybe another member with an Apple will weigh in on their chrome experience.

Sorry could not help more with the chrome issue you may be having witht his link

Old 09-23-2013, 05:07 PM
BobK500
1st Gear
I just ran this link in Explorer, Firefox and Google chrome on my inferior Windows laptop and all three worked with pictures. Maybe another member with an Apple will weigh in on their chrome experience.

Sorry could not help more with the chrome issue you may be having witht his link
I have an iMac and tried it with Safari and Chrome and got the pictures with both.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:08 PM
Grumpy_i_m
2nd Gear
Schledersitz

QuietHarper:

I just noticed the revised ETA for 10/2, QH. Excellent! Did you try out SheldonCooper's excellent BMW/MINI tracking website? Absolutely cool! Now, if I can only understand some of the German-speak, annotations, etc.

SheldonCooper:

Thanks for the gizmo, SC! I downloaded/printed the data in pdf form. I still haven't figured out how "S823A Heissland-Ausfuhrung...Hot-climate version" corresponds to in my VIR. My chrome driving lamps are not reflected either, though I'm guessing those are installed at the VDC or MINI dealership.
TDave
I noticed the "S823A Heissland-Ausfuhrung...Hot-climate version" on my vin decoded.. Made me laugh, I ordered the "Cold Weather Package".
I suppose, about anywhere in the USA south of the Canadian Border may be considered Hot-Climate compared to Germany. My Mini will indeed be in a Hot weather climate and perhaps a Cold Weather climate in the same day without moving.

They did leave off my special order passenger "Schledersitz". I was hoping to surprise my sister-in law.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:21 PM
Dogwhistle
2nd Gear
I doubt those are pictures of the actual car on the VIN website. I don't think the car is ever in pristine delivery condition until the dealer preps it. There will be crap stuck all over it in various places. Also, my interior photo doesn't have an auto-dimming mirror, while the exterior picture is correct. Still nice images though!

Old 09-23-2013, 05:30 PM
14PacemanSAll4
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BobK500
I have an iMac and tried it with Safari and Chrome and got the pictures with both.
Wow I've tried it on my iPad and Safari and nothing...? Maybe mine doesn't have a picture.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:39 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
I used Firefox on my Mac laptop to acquire the images from the BMW website. No problem. By the way, the images are not real. My exterior image has a faux European license plate with "MINI" on the front. I doubt it comes that way from Oxford.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:51 PM
Dogwhistle
2nd Gear
Some great MINI production videos if you haven't checked them out yet:

Enjoy!

Old 09-23-2013, 06:05 PM
vtmini38
2nd Gear
So if you are tired of patiently waiting for your MA to call you, have lost contact with your ship in the middle of the Atlantic and you are feeling like your not obsessive enough already...,, Go to this site and enter In the last 7 of your VIN http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html

It provides you the birth date a picture of your exterior and interior complete with zoom capability and a listing of all your options.

I found it very therapeutic while my wife thought well ... yes obsessive
That is exceptionally cool. Frank

Old 09-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Dogwhistle
2nd Gear
And one for the paranoid among us.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:28 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Directly from the National Hurricane Center...I had to post this as a follow-up to the hurricane video:

TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL 800 PM EDT MON SEP 23 2013 FOR THE NORTH ATLANTIC...CARIBBEAN SEA AND THE GULF OF MEXICO... TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION IS NOT EXPECTED DURING THE NEXT FIVE DAYS.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:56 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by banderlin
Seems like it was a comedy of errors and will turn out okay. In short: it wasn't on the print-out that I brought into the dealer, which the MA used to turn into the order. Didn't catch this on the VIR. So yeah, dumb customer syndrome. BUT, as the GM of the dealer just said to me, "We should have caught that." Of all the options, heated seats are the one that everyone in this neck of the woods orders.

So, I have no recourse but to get aftermarket heated seats, which, according to the GM, are better than MINI's, since they go up the back too. Same price. GM had nothing but high regards for the vendor that they partner with. He said that while I'm at 85% customer satisfaction, he's going to see what he can do to get me to 100%. What that means, I have no idea, but I hope it's something. I guess I'm at peace with the whole thing (especially since I'm the dummy who didn't have it on the printout).

Really psyched to be reading about all of your MINIs taking a cruise together soon, or just finishing one. They will be rested and relaxed for their new lives with you.
Glad you figured out what happened, and you have what appears to be a good solution. Heated seat backs are really a better option. What is the cost of adding the aftermarket heated seats as compared with the MINI OEM heated seats?

I had heated seats on my first MINI (a 2010 Convertible S), but didn't order them on my new 2014 Roadster S. I almost never used them. since this is our "nice weather toy" and it is put into storage during the winter. We live in a rural area where 4 wheel drive is almost mandatory in the winter.

What your GM wants is for you to give them "10s" on the MINI satisfaction survey. Since they are working to fix the problem (irrespective of who made the mistake), seems like they may deserve the 10s.

Good luck with your new MINI!

Old 09-24-2013, 03:36 AM
TJANK
4th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Directly from the National Hurricane Center...I had to post this as a follow-up to the hurricane video:

TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL 800 PM EDT MON SEP 23 2013 FOR THE NORTH ATLANTIC...CARIBBEAN SEA AND THE GULF OF MEXICO... TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION IS NOT EXPECTED DURING THE NEXT FIVE DAYS.
That is good news after watching that video. A coworker told me he ordered a Volvo almost ten years ago and the cargo ship sank in the English Channel. He had to reorder and wait longer.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:13 AM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Turandot just anchored in Jersey City a bit ahead of schedule. Lets hope the unloading and customs process goes quickly!

The she can make her way to Brunswick for others who are awaiting her arrival.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:37 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Almost there, SC. If your ship arrives today, isn't it possible to get delivery by 9/26 or 9/27? I heard VDC turnaround is roughly 48 hours. I imagine your Connecticut (New York?) dealership is fairly close, so ground transport shouldn't take long.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:51 AM
vtmini38
2nd Gear
The Turandot is at Customs. It will move to the vehicle unloading area later today. The unloading area is the slip to the northwest of where she now is docked. Frank

Old 09-24-2013, 04:54 AM
vtmini38
2nd Gear
The vehicle unloading area will be the northern slip in this shot:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...0.6968&zoom=14

Old 09-24-2013, 09:45 AM
vtmini38
2nd Gear
Sorry folks, that last link appears to be off. NY MINIs are presently being unload at:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...0.6671&zoom=14

Old 09-24-2013, 04:45 PM
grmnxtc
1st Gear
Getting Closer!

The Toronto is lining up outside the harbor entrance to the Panama canal!

Track it here

(edit - actually looks like it's about to dock in Manzanillo - probably to offload some Panamanian BMW/Mini orders?)

Last edited by grmnxtc; 09-24-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group