1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wonder why I waited so long...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 09:24 PM
Thyronamine
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wonder why I waited so long...

Just got a new to me 09 r56 today. I've always tossed around the idea of picking up an mcs. Today I wonder why I waited so long, this car is great.

I am coming from a 07 335i sedan (JB4 tuned). But, I've had tons of other cars (my car history is...insane). I have to say this is one of the very few cars in this price range that is fun and tossable like my previous s2000s (had three different ones). Most cars have too much body sway, don't have a great turn radius, and just don't feel "fun".

Funny thing is I bought this used mcs from a Fiat dealership. Needless to say the salesman did try and get me into an Abarth instead. It's a really great car, but was outside my budget, by a lot. I'm "downsizing" my fleet of cars to make room for a nicer house, and I picked up this 09 at a great price $14k. So getting a $25k Abarth would have been completely counter-productive.

Anyways, it's great to have that go-kart fun feel again that I missed from my s2000. It's not even been one day and I already have a large list of mods queued up (the throttle mod, diverter valve, oil/coolant/boost gauges, flywheel, rims, tint, hids, ic muffler removal, intake, and so on...).

Speaking of mods to make it better, so far I don't like the following about the car:

1. Audio system has no mid or lows
2. Revs way too slow, makes rpm matching difficult
3. Headlights seem too low, don't light up much, reminds me of my rx7 I had
4. Seats don't have much leg support
5. Lack of oil/coolant/boost gauges

All fixable of course.

Anyways, only have a cell phone pic, DSLR pics up once I get around to it:

Old 04-30-2013, 01:40 AM
cmt52663
6th Gear
Received 293 Likes on 222 Posts
It certainly doesn't sound as though the time you spent waiting was boring!

Welcome to the "go kart" crowd, and I hope you continue to enjoy the heck out of your wee beast.

Cheers,

Charlie

Old 04-30-2013, 05:36 AM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to NAM and congrats on your new MINI. I have found somewhat of a common theme here at NAM regarding previous owners of VW and BMW products. I myself own a VW CC that I will be trading in once my Cooper S Roadster arrives. While the design and performance is great on my VW, the MINI Roadster was the most fun drive I've experienced in many years. Many designs by automobiles manufactures are becoming a bit generic, and many cars are loosing what character they might have had. The MINI product brings performance and nostalgia together is a fun to drive package. Enjoy it and don't forget to wave.