1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mini - Trying Again

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 07:43 AM
NetraLee
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Mini - Trying Again

On Tuesday, July 28, my new Mini found his way into my garage... and each time I take him out, I am more in love than the time before. I've always wanted one, and while the Clubman was not the model I was thinking of, I'm very glad it's the one that's here.

Red w/black JCW Clubman... I've been able to find some terrific roads, and I am becoming more in tune with this machine every time we are on the move. The sport button brings a whole new dimension to this great automobile... Sometimes it feels as if the front end is actually rising up from the road, ready to take flight. Then I get scared and settle down a bit. We are just too unfamiliar, too new right now to play that way.

And I'm very glad to have found this site. I realize my first post may not have sounded very nice, so that's why I'm trying again to introduce myself and Rupert. I see there are so many great people on here and so much valuable information to go through!

I'm looking forward to benefitting from all the experience here, and I wish to thank you all for the helpful ideas and info.

I would really like to hear from anyone in Wisconsin, who is familiar with our driving conditions and has ideas on day trips to take as well as where to find good quality products to maintain my machine.

My husband says, "it's just a car", but I know better!

Thank you -

Annette
& Rupert Marvolo

Old 08-21-2009, 09:05 AM
bigsoup52
6th Gear
Welcome Annette to the obsession from MAD-town, WI. Where in WI are you?

Old 08-21-2009, 09:14 AM
BSUCardinalfan
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Go to milwaukeeminis web site. Lots of fun stuff with the 'club', and free!

what part of wisconsin are you in?

oh, and as for car care products, I use quite a bit of different stuff....but target has some pretty nice basic things, like wash mits, microfibre towels, and maguire's products, which are about as good as you'll find locally.

if you want to mail / internet order, both griot's garage and detailer's paradise have REALLY good stuff!

Old 08-21-2009, 11:25 AM
NetraLee
1st Gear
Trying Some More!

Thank you!

I live about 18mi West of Reedsburg and 8mi So of Wonewoc. I would really like to meet for a cup of coffee and conversation about Minis. I travel to Madison regularly if anyone would be interested. I want to learn as much as I can about this splendid driving machine!

I'm trying to insert pictures of the car I use just for my 3 big girls - a 1990 Ford Festiva affectionately named, the "Lab Cab". I bought this gem for $500 in 2004 - it gets over 40mpg and works so well for carrying the canines to hiking and swimming areas. But it feels like I'm riding in a sardine can, and it doesn't shift quite right ever since a Doberman sat on the gear shift! The handprints were courtesy of a fundraiser for local high school students - they got $1 for each one! I thought people might get a chuckle out of it.

So, if anyone would like to visit with me, please let me know. I'm so excited about having Rupert Marvolo in my life now, and I want to learn everything! I possibly can.

Thanks again -
Here's... the one and only... the highly original ... Lab Cab!
Okay... I don't know how to do this.
My pictures are in my gallery... but that's as far as I can figure out so far. I think I've got them attached.

Attached Thumbnails New Mini - Trying Again-000_0044.jpg   New Mini - Trying Again-000_0043.jpg   New Mini - Trying Again-000_0042.jpg  
Old 08-21-2009, 06:45 PM
ron-s mini
6th Gear
WoW!! JCW - the red black combo is great!!

Old 08-21-2009, 06:54 PM
iwashmycar
6th Gear
Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts
those bumper stickers rock! nice

Old 08-21-2009, 07:45 PM
NetraLee
1st Gear
Thanks - I like the color, too... I'm so excited, because it's going to be nice out tomorrow. Rupert needs to come out to play. It's quite an experience to go from the mini back into the Lab Cab with the dogs.

I was not planning on a Works; rather, I'd had thought it would be a Clubman S... but I'm sure glad this machine was there... tomorrow, it's sit down time. I'm going to read "the book" and learn as much as I can from it. I really want to see what the "ambient light" feature is all about. It sounds so cool.

I learned to drive a stick on a Lotus Europa, and having a unique, fun, special car has always been important to me (my mom had the Lotus - she likes that "something special" in a car, too!). I am just so thrilled at how exciting this thing is ... it may LOOK like a wagon, but... I'll try to post some pics of Rupert soon, but I'm sure that everyone has a pretty good idea of what he looks like. I just had to show off the lab cab, though! Driving that car can be a unique experience, too!

I'm considering black stripes on it, but don't quite know yet. Sometimes, clean is better. But the stripes look great as well. Oh, decisions, decisions!

Annette

Old 08-22-2009, 06:29 PM
ron-s mini
6th Gear
You have been diagnosed with Mini Fever -- welcome to obsessive compulsive behavior!