1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well this is just no fun. What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 06:50 AM
mongorama
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well this is just no fun. What should I do?

So I got an email from my MA today (technically yesterday, but I was AFK until today). My week 3 MINI Clubman S has finally made it to Charleston, but got totally jacked in transport (actually, I think that's a lie. I think my car got into Charleston a week ago, totally jacked, and they spent a week trying to find a replacement without having to tell me. Unfortunately, they've had no luck).

They've offered to reorder my car, have it's production start imediately, and get it here in 3 weeks (pretty darned fast, if you ask me).

I'm not sure what to do. I kind of feel like offering to put me back at the head of the line isn't quite the gesture they should make. Should I ask for more? I don't want to be a jerk, but I didn't even haggle free wheel locks or floor mats out of the last ordering process. I feel I've been an amazingly easy buyer. Hell, I haven't even been nagging my MA about the status of the MINI... I just feel like if it was my business where something of this nature had happened, I'd try to make it more than right, and not just as right as I can make it without it costing me anything.

Thoughts? Am I an *** for my line of thinking? Am I being reasonable?d

Old 02-22-2009, 07:40 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the fact that you were offered another car - within 3 weeks - new - is pretty good.. However, I would ask your MA for a few freebies also - to sweeten the deal on your end - for having to wait another 3 weeks...floor mats (front and rear), and possibly a couple of other small things you might be looking at. Certainly doesn't hurt to try!!

Donna

Old 02-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Vaca450
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know that you need to feel like an a$$ but the dealer had nothing to do with the shipping problem. If the dealer messed something up and ordered something wrong I can see them giving you more. I know that I would be upset but I don't know that I would expect the dealer to do much more than put you at the front of the line but it never hurts to ask. It sure would feel better if they helped but that would be above and beyond.