1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New MINI owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 12:36 PM
madcatmini
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New MINI owner

Hello all, I'm a new owner of a bouncing baby MCs. Ive never owned a euro car before and have to say i'm IMPRESSED. I not only love everything about the car I love the other mini owners. Every time I see another mini on the road now we both wave at each other. Never expected to feel such comradery with other drivers just because we own a similar car. The performance of the lil guy is amazing and the handling is to die for. Currently as it stands my mini is an '05 Silver cooper S with only about 7k miles on it. Premium everything. I'm looking at having the JCW supercharger put in with the brakes and suspension. Probably won't be able to buy it till I buy my fiance her own mini. She refuses to drive a stick due to the fact were in Atlanta and the traffic is so bad so I'm going to be looking at an automatic. If anyone has any experience with them as far as how rough they r to take care of I'd love to hear from you.

Nick

Old 12-05-2007, 01:11 PM
sam0u8
2nd Gear
Welcome! Wow an '05 with only 7K miles. Nice.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:19 PM
tdm156
Ruling the curves
Sounds like a nice MINI. From what I have heard the new automatics are to be much better than the original CVT's. We actually just ordered one ourselves and looking forward to delivery. From what the dealer has been saying and after our test drive, in sport mode it might be a tad bit faster than our 06 MC.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:24 PM
homerwest
5th Gear
Welcome Nick! I understand about traffic - if I had a real commute, I would have gone auto.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:18 PM
carjoy
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM. I have an 07 with an automatic. I love it. The sports shifting works great with the paddle shifters when on mountain roads. Great around town for the heavy traffic here in Phoenix. I had the CVT auto in my 2003. This is much better.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:53 PM
OrionLTD
3rd Gear
Welcome!. Auto box is a great option. I find myself enjoying it on my 80mi one way commute! The sport mode does make the car a bit more spirited to drive. If you find yourself in sport mode on the freeway, make sure you slide over into m/s mode and upshift into 6th gear. The sport mode does not shift you out of 5th so you can be more sporty with your rpm's. The 6th gear upshift will save you gas.
Enjoy your mini!

Old 12-05-2007, 09:48 PM
madcatmini
Neutral
Originally Posted by sam0u8
Welcome! Wow an '05 with only 7K miles. Nice.
Yeah we found it on a used car lot. Apparently the lady who had it before us was elderly and they revoked her license . So she sold the mini and the dealer had issues unloading it around November. It sat on the lot for almost 2 months and we caught it right before it went to auction. Ended it up with a maxed out mini (most of the high end stuff you can add has been added) for only $17,500. Its a gorgeous dark grey metal fleck. I think it's called Royal grey(?) Me and my fiancé wanted one so bad and now that I've got one she wants one too.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:55 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by madcatmini
Yeah we found it on a used car lot. Apparently the lady who had it before us was elderly and they revoked her license . So she sold the mini and the dealer had issues unloading it around November. It sat on the lot for almost 2 months and we caught it right before it went to auction. Ended it up with a maxed out mini (most of the high end stuff you can add has been added) for only $17,500. Its a gorgeous dark grey metal fleck. I think it's called Royal grey(?) Me and my fiancé wanted one so bad and now that I've got one she wants one too.
Welcome to NAM, madcat! What a great deal you got! Too bad for the original owner, but if her license was revoked, it must have been for good cause.

Be sure to check out the Atlanta MINIs club...lots of great folks!