1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Very Very Bad Dealership Experience-Before Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 07:06 PM
m&g'smini
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Very Very Bad Dealership Experience-Before Delivery

Imagine, our car arrives this past monday, we go to the dealer that night to inspect the car and get all of the paperwork ready. We are told right then and there how much our lease will cost per month based on our down payment. The credit check is run, everything is ok and BAM, the next night the payment escalates to 100 dollars more per month then what was quoted the night before. Not only that, when i go to the dealer yesterday to pick up our deposit, i am told another amount different then what was said the previous two times. I will take the blame partly for not insisting on a set deal before the car was even ordered, but what happened here is a disgrace, imagine being excited about picking up our new mini and then being treated like we walked in for the first time ever and wanting the car. I will not name the dealer,but we are in the philly area and the dealer is not the one in west chester pa. I have already gone to Otto's and the order will be placed on saturday, the deal is agreed upon and in writing. And by the way, before I left yesterday, I made it clear that the deposit better be in my hands by saturday or my lawyer will receive a phone call from me. Funny thing, the check arrived in the mail today. I would never reccomend those scumbags to anyone ever.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:22 PM
harley0711
5th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
There is No harm in naming the Dealer and for that matter the MA - infomation is Power... Glad you walked out - I do understand the pain in loosing the Mini... Lesson learned - without getting into $$ details - is your current Lease deal what you wanted/expected in the first place?? before the first $100 increase??

Old 10-25-2007, 07:28 PM
m&g'smini
1st Gear
one more thing to add to this, no attempt was made ever by either the finance manager, the sales manager or the MA to keep me from requesting the deposit back and negotiating the deal further. unbelievable, we wasted our time there for two months.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear your first experience was SO bad....That in itself can certainly be frustrating enough to not even give another dealer a chance. Glad to hear you walked out and ordered it somewhere else...

Donna

Old 10-27-2007, 05:56 AM
corgwn
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by m&g'smini
I would never reccomend those scumbags to anyone ever.
Well, since you won't name the dealer, you're not helping anyone avoid them either.

Unless there is legal action pending, I cannot imagine why you wouldn't tell the whole world which dealer was trying to stick it to you...

Old 10-27-2007, 06:41 AM
PaulCIssa
4th Gear
Sadly, like most other consumer-level industries, there are good dealers, great dealers and outright scumbags. I left the dealership biz as a parts mgr with 10 years of tenure a decade ago because the business in general is/was so cut-throat. Looks like not much has changed.

Sorry you had a bad experience. The only bright-side is it can only get better. Best wishes!

Last edited by PaulCIssa; 10-27-2007 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Can't spell worth a darn.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:31 PM
m&g'smini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by corgwn
Well, since you won't name the dealer, you're not helping anyone avoid them either.

Unless there is legal action pending, I cannot imagine why you wouldn't tell the whole world which dealer was trying to stick it to you...
In an indirect way, i did name the dealer since there are only two dealers in the philadelphia area and I named the other one who was not involved in the transaction. Anyone who lives in this area will know who i am talking about