Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Webb Motorsports Sponsorship Drive

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 09:53 AM
camelpilot
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Webb Motorsports Sponsorship Drive

Webb Motorsports Sponsorship Drive

Target: $5000.00
Current Pledge: $2550.00 (51%)

I am starting an urgent sponsorship drive to collect enough sponsorship that will allow Webb Motorsports to field both cars in AT LEAST 2 more races in the NAMCC series. Based on the costs to field the cars for Sebring and Vegas, I am setting the cost per race for 2 cars at $2500.

Sponsorship amounts $500 and above lets you put sponsorship material ( a sticker) on BOTH Webb Motorsport Race cars. i.e. The Mule and Brian's car. The size of the vinyl will depend on the sponship amount, that is, the bigger the sponsorship, the bigger the allowed vinyl. The sponsor is responsible for getting the stickers to WMS before the races.

This sponsorship drive is for FINANCIAL sponsorship only. That is - Cash, not parts donations nor monetary values of favours.

If anyone can help out with this, I'm sure WMS will be very grateful. This is your chance to do your part for MINI Motorsport in this country. Promote it. Support it. And at the same time, get your business out there.

If anyone has any questions please email me at matt@mininuts.com

To pledge an amount, please either post here, or email me, and I will post your pledge and amount. If you wish to remain anonymous, I will list you as such. Sponsorship amounts need to be paid by May 30th. I will start the ball rolling with the first pledge of $500.00

The sponsorship money will only be given to Webb Motorsport if the following conditions are kept: If for some reason the conditions are unacceptable to WMS, then no sponsorship money will be collected.

Conditional:
- Randy races THE MULE (no exceptions) for AT LEAST 2 more races in the NAMCC series. Preferably against Steve Diniz.
- Randy does NOT sell the Mule before participating in the 2 races mentioned above.

Disclaimer:
Your monetary pledge does not guarantee that WMS will accept the sponsorship, race in the series or abide to the conditions. Should the target amount of $5000 not be reached, the sponsorship drive may or may not be cancelled. WMS will receive a full and detailed list of ALL sponsors regardless of amount, and will recognise these sponsors in any way they see fit. WMS will decide the eventual location of any sponsorship vinyl on their cars, but I'm sure they will do their best to meet your preferences. WMS has NOT authorised nor requested this sponsorship drive, therefore it can and will be withdrawn if they request it be, and all collected pledge money will then be returned to the sponsors. The minimum amount of $500.00 for advertising real estate on the cars was what was told to me by WMS a few months previous.

Pledge List:
1. CamelPilot (MININUTS Vinyl) $500.00
2. Willum $100.00
3. Oasis Tan $250.00
4. BMJ Motorsports $500.00
5. Doug WxSquid :Sending Racing Suit Patch: $500.00
6. Lou, Tammy and Mikey $50.00
7. mtrspt5 Bruce $100.00
8. anonymous 1. $100.00
9. anonymous 2. $100.00
10. Todd Whiteroof. $50.00
11. sundancekc $50.00
12. eechan $50.00
13 xsmini - Nik, Deb, and the Kids , Jon and Kait $100.00
x.

Old 04-24-2006, 10:58 AM
willum
5th Gear
Matt,
Sent you an Email.......great idea

Old 04-24-2006, 07:56 PM
K9MINI
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Great Idea! but...

Instead of sponsoring their cars we should sponsor someone to return their calls and answer their phones. I would rather see a vendor that has the knowledge they do stay in business rather than blow off and **** customers off.

Old 04-24-2006, 09:07 PM
camelpilot
Banned
Originally Posted by K9MINI
Instead of sponsoring their cars we should sponsor someone to return their calls and answer their phones. I would rather see a vendor that has the knowledge they do stay in business rather than blow off and **** customers off.
Thats a good idea too.

They are working on that. I'll try and give them some ideas the next time I see them too. Thanks for your input.

Old 04-24-2006, 09:41 PM
DrPhilGandini
My little dose of LITHIUM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You could learn something from the economics literature on Minimum Contributing Sets and related ideas. In particular, how successful they can be, and how much of the idea you already have built into your scheme. However, you'll get more pledges if you have a money-back policy if the goal is not met. It's the absence of this that causes many failures of pledge drives, I may add.

cheers, phil

Old 04-24-2006, 10:05 PM
camelpilot
Banned
Originally Posted by gandini
You could learn something from the economics literature on Minimum Contributing Sets and related ideas. In particular, how successful they can be, and how much of the idea you already have built into your scheme. However, you'll get more pledges if you have a money-back policy if the goal is not met. It's the absence of this that causes many failures of pledge drives, I may add.

cheers, phil
Thanks for the input Phil, but I'm a little confused, I thought I covered this "money back policy" in the post. There definitely IS a money back policy if WMS cannot meet the 2 conditions I have listed. Maybe I did not state it clear enough. If I have missed something, I am not aware what it is, I'd appreciate if you can elaborate exactly what you mean. Feel free to do via a post, PM or email, Or if you need my cell number and would prefer to explain verbally, I can PM it to you as well if you like.

Thanks
Matt

Old 04-24-2006, 11:01 PM
TheBlackBrian
4th Gear
......HOLY COW......

This makes my day. Even if it does'nt happen, thank you guys for the gesture. I am sure Randy will be posting tomorow.

-Brian

Old 04-24-2006, 11:28 PM
OasisT
6th Gear
Oasis Tan will kick in $250. The least I can do is have my salon sponsor the guy that actually sponsors me instead of the handful of guys that come into the salon each season wanting sponsorship. :-) We get over run by the dirt track guys after I began sponsoring one of them a couple years ago.

So, Randy, if your in, I'm all in for sponsoring you. It really made me sad after thinking about it when you told me you were withdrawling. You only live once, it might as well include taking care of business on the track.

Craig

Old 04-25-2006, 04:30 AM
camelpilot
Banned
Originally Posted by OasisT
Oasis Tan will kick in $250. The least I can do is have my salon sponsor the guy that actually sponsors me instead of the handful of guys that come into the salon each season wanting sponsorship. :-) We get over run by the dirt track guys after I began sponsoring one of them a couple years ago.

So, Randy, if your in, I'm all in for sponsoring you. It really made me sad after thinking about it when you told me you were withdrawling. You only live once, it might as well include taking care of business on the track.

Craig
Well spoken Craig.

Thanks for the pledge.

Bump for Oasis Tan addition, and also thanks to for their pledge.

Old 04-25-2006, 04:52 AM
WxSquid
2nd Gear
I'm in for $100. I'll send him a patch from my ship for their suits.

Hell, Randy's been on it, he might as well wear the patch like the rest of us....

Doug

camelpilot - PM me on getting y'all the money...

Old 04-25-2006, 06:36 AM
RED FURY
5th Gear
Sponsor me too please ....

Old 04-25-2006, 06:40 AM
camelpilot
Banned
Originally Posted by RED FURY
Sponsor me too please ....
First fix your tire squeeling.

Seriously though... if you want sponsorship, do this: Prepare your MINI for a National MINI series, participate, encourage others to participate, get more people participating in their MINI's, get more people watching it, and before you know it, people will be throwing sponsorship money at you.

Maybe you race me next year.

/bump and thanks to Chief WxSquid for your pledge and support.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:07 AM
WxSquid
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by camelpilot

/bump and thanks to Captain WxSquid for your pledge and support.
Acutally, it is Chief not Captain, as I work for a living.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:36 AM
camelpilot
Banned
Originally Posted by WxSquid
Acutally, it is Chief not Captain, as I work for a living.
Oops... fixed!

Old 04-25-2006, 09:43 AM
ATCQL
5th Gear
GO NAVY Q

Old 04-25-2006, 10:58 AM
lou
2nd Gear
Webb Motorsports Sponsorship

You can put me down for the Family Plan ( A poor Family ) $50.
I figure the cost of feeding Brian and Randy at a Pulley Party would run that at least. Maybe this will stimulate the cheaper crowd.

Good Luck Randy!! Lou, Tammy and Mikey.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:31 AM
camelpilot
Banned
Originally Posted by lou
You can put me down for the Family Plan ( A poor Family ) $50.
I figure the cost of feeding Brian and Randy at a Pulley Party would run that at least. Maybe this will stimulate the cheaper crowd.

Good Luck Randy!! Lou, Tammy and Mikey.
Thanks guys.

/bump for new graphic.

Old 04-25-2006, 04:16 PM
trackster
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First let me say that this is a admirable effort for a great guy but it is not in his best interests. I am a fan of his and his company but if you read his message an we are honest with ourselves what Randy can not afford to spend on racing is TIME. If you frequent the boards you are certainly aware of the main and almost only complaint with Webb Motor sports is customer service. By that I mean return of phone calls, emails and product delivery. I am not bashing I am only stating what has been said on here many times and even by Randy himself. He needs to stay at home for now and get back on track. As randy has noticed there are other vendors that offer many fine products and more and more people will not wait forever for what they want. Lets support randy's efforts to get his ship back on track. Once it is " all good " again he can get back out there and kick everyone's *** Now is not the time.

Mark

Old 04-25-2006, 04:43 PM
camelpilot
Banned
Originally Posted by trackster
First let me say that this is a admirable effort for a great guy but it is not in his best interests. I am a fan of his and his company but if you read his message an we are honest with ourselves what Randy can not afford to spend on racing is TIME. If you frequent the boards you are certainly aware of the main and almost only complaint with Webb Motor sports is customer service. By that I mean return of phone calls, emails and product delivery. I am not bashing I am only stating what has been said on here many times and even by Randy himself. He needs to stay at home for now and get back on track. As randy has noticed there are other vendors that offer many fine products and more and more people will not wait forever for what they want. Lets support randy's efforts to get his ship back on track. Once it is " all good " again he can get back out there and kick everyone's *** Now is not the time.

Mark
Thanks for your input Mark.

All the business needs is a little lube, thats all, but I can assure you, it's nothing some good software and good friends can't fix. I plan to talk to Randy about that later.

Randy can still race, develop new products, keep more inventory and run a business at the same time.... figuring out how to do it is just a matter of mathematics. . Jk.

Randy should still be allowed to do the things he loves best.

I'm sure there is more to it then what he posted.

I know for a fact that if done properly, we could have excellent customer service, amazing products, lots of inventory, and more importantly for me, some sweet *** MINI racing, all at the same time. We just need to iron out the kinks.....

Old 04-25-2006, 05:20 PM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I sincerely appreciate it! We are putting everything in place to get our customer service where it needs to be to match the rest of our outstanding business.

That said, one more chance sure would be nice, and money is the big obstacle...

Let's say this - if the goal is met, I will run both races at Gateway in St. Louis - with the Mule. That'll give me the funds needed for travel and tires!

It touches me and just about brings a tear to my eye to see the support. You guys don't know how many sleepless nights I've spent trying to figure out how to better our community. This is a great payback!!

THANKS!
Randy

LONG LIVE THE MULE!!!!!!

Old 04-25-2006, 07:11 PM
mtrspt5
3rd Gear
Can't think of a better way to spend $100. I'm in!

Old 04-26-2006, 04:08 AM
JBEHE
Former Vendor
I would be interested in contributing to the cause as I was looking forward to seeing how Randy did against my 400hp BMWCCA unlimited class Mini at Summit Point in June. This is a major east coast event and we were hoping Randy would be there. If these contributions will ensure that he's here, then I'm in.

Old 04-26-2006, 07:23 AM
camelpilot
Banned
Thanks mtrspt5 for your contribution. Thanks also to the other person who contributed via PM, who will remain anonymous.

We all appreciate your support. .

JBEHE: Now THATS a race I would love to see. But since that race is the 3rd one into the series from here, if WMS do the 2 races before it in St. Louis, they may not be obligated to do the Summit Point one, although, it would be nice. Plus that is MINI Meets East. (Randy would be crazy to miss this one ). We'll see how it goes, and hopefully he will let you know if it could potentially happen. Until then, I will not count your pledge towards the total.

/bump for our kind supporters. You guys rock.

Old 04-26-2006, 11:29 AM
onasled
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JBEHE
I would be interested in contributing to the cause as I was looking forward to seeing how Randy did against my 400hp BMWCCA unlimited class Mini at Summit Point in June. This is a major east coast event and we were hoping Randy would be there. If these contributions will ensure that he's here, then I'm in.
Can't PM you. Drop me an email if you could at rcsail@charter.net

Did you mean BMWCCA Super Mod? No 'unlimited' class in BMWCCA as far as I know.

Old 04-27-2006, 01:00 PM
WxSquid
2nd Gear
/ bump to see this happen....

Quick Reply: Drivetrain Webb Motorsports Sponsorship Drive