R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Can we have an M.S.R.P. ONLY thread, PLEASE!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Deutsch
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can we have an M.S.R.P. ONLY thread, PLEASE!?

I've been doing my research calling around different dealers to see who's dealing M.S.R.P. and who's not. As I was making these calls I thought to myself what an invaluable tool it would be just to have a thread dedicated to M.S.R.P. ONLY dealers to save those browsing on here, members and non members the stress of having to call the dealers and hear the frustrating news that one dealer or another is charging boozuka buck$ over M.S.R.P.

Thanks,

As for SoCal dealers selling at M.S.R.P.:

1) South Bay MINI

That's it.

Last edited by Deutsch; 08-18-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:10 PM
tuckersinmo
2nd Gear
St. Louis Mini was MSRP on my recent order.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:13 PM
mike and his mini
3rd Gear
Not to sure if you're looking for clubmans only but... I just place my order for a MINI Cooper through Downtown Mini in Orlando and they only charge M.S.R.P.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:14 PM
DragonWagon
5th Gear
Dallas and Fort Worth ARE MSRP.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Otra
6th Gear
MINI of Fairfield County in Stamford, CT.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Joep
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mike and his mini
Not to sure if you're looking for clubmans only but... I just place my order for a MINI Cooper through Downtown Mini in Orlando and they only charge M.S.R.P.
I gotta agree with mike, I paid MSRP for my Clubman at DTM in Orlando.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Deutsch
3rd Gear
Thanks guys! Keep em' coming!

You know, I was thinking it can be as little as what some of these dealers are asking for mark-up to price this car out of some people affordability, and that's sad. It is a business, but still.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:49 PM
jumboshrimp
2nd Gear
Westchester MINI in White Plains NY is selling at MSRP. My MA is Steve Stein and he has been fantastic to work with so far.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:12 PM
proximal
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Deutsch
As for SoCal dealers selling at M.S.R.P.:

1) South Bay MINI

That's it.
I got by Clubman from Irvine for MSRP. I know people have gotten same from Long Beach. Irvine went back to a markup for a while but I'm not sure where they are now. When I stopped in on Saturday with SCMM for the JCW launch party, there wasn't anything additional to the window sticker.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:16 PM
NJ Clubman
3rd Gear
Habberstad is MSRP. I spoke to most other dealers in the NY area (some already mentioned here) when shopping. All were MSRP.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Deutsch
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by proximal
I got by Clubman from Irvine for MSRP. I know people have gotten same from Long Beach. Irvine went back to a markup for a while but I'm not sure where they are now. When I stopped in on Saturday with SCMM for the JCW launch party, there wasn't anything additional to the window sticker.
I've called both dealers and both sell OVER M.S.R.P. for Clubman S's. You have to wonder how much longer the mark-up scheme will work with these cars increasing popularity. Something has gotta give and it WON'T be the consumer.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:49 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Our Clubman at Brecht in Escondido was MSRP.

Donna

Old 08-18-2008, 09:53 PM
jdhesq
1st Gear
Towne MINI in Buffalo is MSRP. Floor mats were also included for me.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:59 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
South Bay Mini...that's what we went with to order our 2009 PW MCCS...! Amanda rocks! We had great service. Went to another dealership first and were really disappointed.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:02 PM
rasputinj
4th Gear
I thought Irvine Mini was running Markups again, Long Beach also seemed to be doing Markups. SouthBay Mini was the only one I thought that was still doing MSRP. After that I thought Monrovia Mini had the lowest Markup and then Long Beach was the lowest after that.

A better thread might be who sells closest to MSRP.
I highly recommend South Bay Mini we dealt with Amanda who was great, you will have to wait a bit for 2009. We have to wait until Jan or Feb. for our Clubman.

In the greater LA area I do not recommend Bob Smith Mini, Universal City Mini, or Downtown Mini. IMHO. Monrovia and Long Beach did seems responsive by email, but we did not go to those dealerships.

Last edited by rasputinj; 08-18-2008 at 10:04 PM. Reason: added more information
Old 08-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Alphawave
Cartelligent got mine from South Bay..MSRP and a few freebies. Original order was placed with Irvine, who required a 1K deposit for their production $pot, but deal went south....South Bay Mini, that is. Only just now got my 1K deposit back. :|

Old 08-18-2008, 10:11 PM
Deutsch
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by rasputinj
In the greater LA area I do not recommend Bob Smith Mini, Universal City Mini, or Downtown Mini. IMHO. Monrovia and Long Beach did seems responsive by email, but we did not go to those dealerships.
Bob Smith is TERRIBLE.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:25 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Yes, Rasputinj and I were disappointed with Bob Smith...couldn't even see what the blue tooth and IPOD integration looked like - unless we bought the car right then

Old 08-18-2008, 10:29 PM
rasputinj
4th Gear
At Bob Smith we wanted to test out the iPod adapter, I was told I could test it if we bought the vehicle. Amanda at South Bay Mini gets the iPod adapter out and lets us play around. I felt the sales staff at South Bay Mini was more informed and answered all of my technical questions about the turbo; spooling, rpm range.

South Bay also seemed to have a lot more minis on the lot, even if some of them were owned by the employees. Good customer service is hard to find and we found it dealing with Amanda at South Bay Mini.

You know you are really excited about the Clubman when both myself and spouse HTClubman are both posting at NAM at the same time.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:31 PM
BR55
1st Gear
I was able to get MSRP from East Bay Mini, but it took 2 Sales people and Manager approval - after 4 weeks of them calling me. SF and Mountainview would not go less than $1500 markup. Cheers!

Old 08-18-2008, 10:32 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
for shizzle...South Bay Mini was the bomb (for those shopping in the So Cal area).

Old 08-18-2008, 10:40 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
At Bob Smith we wanted to test out the iPod adapter, I was told I could test it if we bought the vehicle. Amanda at South Bay Mini gets the iPod adapter out and lets us play around. I felt the sales staff at South Bay Mini was more informed and answered all of my technical questions about the turbo; spooling, rpm range.

South Bay also seemed to have a lot more minis on the lot, even if some of them were owned by the employees. Good customer service is hard to find and we found it dealing with Amanda at South Bay Mini.

You know you are really excited about the Clubman when both myself and spouse HTClubman are both posting at NAM at the same time.
So true!! Cannot WAIT to get our new PW Clubman...it's killing me!!!

Old 08-19-2008, 02:28 AM
NeuroticRobot
2nd Gear
I thought Irvine Mini was running Markups again, Long Beach also seemed to be doing Markups. SouthBay Mini was the only one I thought that was still doing MSRP. After that I thought Monrovia Mini had the lowest Markup and then Long Beach was the lowest after that.

A better thread might be who sells closest to MSRP.
I highly recommend South Bay Mini we dealt with Amanda who was great, you will have to wait a bit for 2009. We have to wait until Jan or Feb. for our Clubman.

Is Amanda the mid 20's blonde girl who has the table next to the JCW Clubman? If so, she quoted me February as well HOWEVER, I was told by another individual that mine would be coming in November, and this was when I put the down the $1k in late July. My MA told me 2009 was when the Convert. Coopers were coming out. Great, now im panicking...time for a xanex...

Oh, and Mini is Las vegas is MSRP. I was really considering them too.

Last edited by NeuroticRobot; 08-19-2008 at 02:30 AM. Reason: more info
Old 08-19-2008, 04:46 AM
Wolfeee
6th Gear
Prestige Mini in Mahwah..MSRP!! I got mats too!

Old 08-19-2008, 05:23 AM
wampa
3rd Gear
Hendrick MINI in Charlotte is MSRP. You get floor mats and the thick rubber boot mat too!

Quick Reply: R55 Can we have an M.S.R.P. ONLY thread, PLEASE!?