Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior NEW M7 Tuning R53 Carbon Fiber Front Bumper Canards Are IN STOCK now!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 06:18 AM
M7Tuning
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEW M7 Tuning R53 Carbon Fiber Front Bumper Canards Are IN STOCK now!

Our first batch of R53 standard bumper Carbon Fiber M7 Tuning Canards are now in stock!! No one else makes these! They are absolutely beautiful! Makes your MINI handle better at higher speeds, too! Only $229/pair!

ORDER HERE: http://www.m7tuning.com/parts/produc...roducts_id=182

More about our new Canards:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
M7 Speed Introduces Front Bumper ADF Canards For The Mini Cooper
Mooresville, NC

M7 Speed, the ultimate MINI performance company, is excited to announce the release of their new Front Bumper ADF (Added Down Force) Canards for the R53 MINI Coopers. M7 Speed is well known throughout the MINI community for their innovative products, use of cutting edge design methods and the use of the latest high tech materials.

The M7 Speed ADF Front Bumper Canards are designed to aerodynamically tune the front of the MINI for better handling. The canards add down force to the front of the MINI which stabilizes the car under hard corning conditions while at the same time providing increased traction. The results are faster lap times.

The ADF Canards are made of lightweight carbon fiber for both durability and looks. The latest carbon fiber production methods are used to create a perfect product. The ADF Canards can be left in their beautiful natural carbon fiber finish or painted to match your vehicle. The canards include all mounting hardware and instruction and are an easy DIY project for any MINI owner.

A R56 version of the ADF Canards is in the works and will be released soon.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:47 AM
M7Tuning
Former Vendor
FYI - we should have a R56 version in about two weeks!

FYI - we should have a R56 version in about two weeks!

Old 08-29-2013, 01:18 PM
PrplPplEtr
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do they look anything like this?

Old 08-29-2013, 01:30 PM
ROOSEY
4th Gear
i believe the canards on the rmw car are Group4autosports's. I have the same ones from them on my r53 with the standard "S" bumper.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:04 PM
M7Tuning
Former Vendor
My apologies! I thought we were the only ones making them. I went to their website but I couldn't find them PrplPplEtr. Do they still make them?

Old 08-29-2013, 02:53 PM
PrplPplEtr
5th Gear
i'm not sure if they're on the group 4 website or just available through RMW.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:36 PM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Not sure if Group-4 is even still in business, but yes you can still get them through RMW. They've been floating around this forum since 2009, and the first production run was early 2010... I know because I was pushing them for mass production, then decided not to get them at the time because of the way the originals where mounted.

I do have a few questions for you M7 folks though... Can we get some closeups of the canards and how they are mounted? Mounting studs and plates? Or just stick on?
Why cant they be used on the R53 aero bumper? The contour between stock bumpers and the JCW aero are maybe 1/16 of an inch difference. Even the car on the website (Randy's) is wearing them with the JCW aero bumper. The only standard cover that wouldn't roughly match the contour is the bumper cover on the 1GP... It was stretched due to blending the leading edge of the bumper into the wheel arch.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:49 AM
-=gRaY rAvEn=-
Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts
+1 ^ Why cant they be used on the R53 aero bumper..

Old 09-01-2013, 03:13 PM
JS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by PrplPplEtr
do they look anything like this?
The canards were designed and made by JSart. I gave this set to Jan of RMWs so he could attempt a record run. I also sold a set to Randy, who is associated with M7, under the explicated agreement that M7 would never be given them so someone else could benefit from my design efforts. Now I see this announcement. So much for integrity.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:23 PM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
Whooo... Are you saying it is a copied design stolen by somebody who you thought you could trust?
This is exactly why I switched sides so to say in the MINI community... One side will do anything to push its products upon the misinformed without any give a #### for who the screw over in the process, the other side doesn't even advertise 90% of the parts they carry yet are still 10 years later the go to guys for what works without the slander and lies.
Glad the new ownership of M7 really turned the company around! Without you we would have nobody to look to for snake oil, and lies!

JS I've seen your work long ago in the Honda world... I say it may be lawsuit time until they remove your work from the market.

Old 09-02-2013, 04:47 AM
JS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DICKS GARAGE R53
Whooo... Are you saying it is a copied design stolen by somebody who you thought you could trust?
This is exactly why I switched sides so to say in the MINI community... One side will do anything to push its products upon the misinformed without any give a #### for who the screw over in the process, the other side doesn't even advertise 90% of the parts they carry yet are still 10 years later the go to guys for what works without the slander and lies.
Glad the new ownership of M7 really turned the company around! Without you we would have nobody to look to for snake oil, and lies!

JS I've seen your work long ago in the Honda world... I say it may be lawsuit time until they remove your work from the market.
Allow me a moment. First I didn't say these canards listed through M7 are a direct copy. I have not seen them in person, but they look very similar in their photo and are positioned the same as my design. Again, as stated I had an agreement with one of M7's associates, before I sold him a set. Why did I sell him a set? He told me he would get a set ether through me or have someone else buy a set for him. At least if I sold him directly we would have the agreement. I thought. Now I hear M7 is owned/operated by different people. Hummm! Maybe this is how to circumvent a promise.
In the photo I posted is a set of canards for a R53 GP. I also designed sets for the R53 and the R56. As a side note, my R53 canards have been installed on the R53 Aero fascia by several people including the before mentioned person.

Old 09-02-2013, 06:51 AM
cct1
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow, now I get why you're not making parts anymore, which is a shame. I really want your wingtip extension, and possibly canards at some point too. I won't buy a copy though, especially after reading this.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:28 AM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
This whole thing, just because of the fact M7 did it again, and borrowed (or just flat out stole) somebody else's product and tried to play it off as their own, kinda makes me want to ditch all the M7 crap off of my car and rethink how I am doing my exterior.
Then they don't even have the guts to come back into their own thread... Whats up with that? Its kinda looking like they are running from you Joel... Tails between their legs, leaving a trail of pee!

Old 12-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Gamble_Rumble
2nd Gear
M7 has original designs? Lol

I wanted the spoiler but decided against it after much thought

Old 01-18-2014, 10:37 AM
rodocker
Neutral
M7

Last edited by rodocker; 05-23-2015 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:26 PM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
Originally Posted by rodocker
Everything I've seen of M7 looks like someone else (has done) way better.
Yup... They have only made one or two parts on their own with no "Influence" (COPYING) from other vendors offerings.
They top it off with a healthy dose of Chinese knock off low quality production standards for no additional cost though, so people still buy their stuff. :(

Old 01-20-2014, 06:19 AM
hotrodmini
Neutral
I am looking at M7 parts for my newly acquired R53 project MINI. Why is there such negative talk about this company? From what I have seen the parts look as good if not better than most other stuff on the market and the reviews off of this forum are very positive. I want to be sure I make the right decision before I spend my $$. Thanks!

Old 01-20-2014, 07:13 AM
PrplPplEtr
5th Gear
Originally Posted by hotrodmini
I am looking at M7 parts for my newly acquired R53 project MINI. Why is there such negative talk about this company?
Did you actually read this thread before posting?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using NAMotoring

Old 01-20-2014, 11:27 AM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
Originally Posted by hotrodmini
I am looking at M7 parts for my newly acquired R53 project MINI. Why is there such negative talk about this company? From what I have seen the parts look as good if not better than most other stuff on the market and the reviews off of this forum are very positive. I want to be sure I make the right decision before I spend my $$. Thanks!
It all depends on if you like spending more money on a Chinese made knock off part than one designed and built to work here in the USA...
Take a look at others high end parts first.

Old 01-21-2014, 01:00 PM
AutoxCoop
4th Gear
It all depends on if you like spending more money on a Chinese made knock off part than one designed and built to work here in the USA...

This seems to be a open thread. I have a couple of comments. Peter, who originally started M7 tuning was here from the start. There are only so many ways you can change something and build things. People often take a design and improve on it. Not saying thats what happen.

The C-Wing. It has gone through several versions that have changed things. They have put it in wind tunnels to look at the function of it. They constantly strive to improve design.

As far as things being made in china, I can tell you that i work right in the middle of race country Mooresville Nc, and i work about a rock throw away from M7 and i can tell you that he uses american workers and his Carbon Fiber products are made right over in Concord Nc, right by Charlotte Motor Speed Way.

So next time lets make sure we get facts straight please.

Next canards have been around for awhile in different cars, not just mini. So to everyone is copying someone. They take an idea and modify it.

I have personally met Mark the new owner of M7 tuning, and i can tell you i see him making stuff and trying designs out right there in the shop. And there was no inside reason to change owners of M7. Peter has had long time battle health issues, and I hope the Mini Community can keep him in your prayers. It came to the time when he just couldn't handle it all anymore. And Mark has been in the race field for MANY years, and being a Mini owner, when the chance opened up to have M7 he jumped on it.

I enjoy using m7 products because they are well built and they stand behind their product. Why do you think people yank up every strut brace as soon as its posted on NAM by people who sell their minis

I just ask you guys, don't hold M7 accountable today for what opinions you have from the past. These guys are working hard to bring new items to market!

Thanks guys and have a good day!

Old 01-21-2014, 01:16 PM
ashchuckton
5th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
^^^ This

Old 01-22-2014, 06:29 AM
6000pounds
4th Gear
Originally Posted by AutoxCoop
I just ask you guys, don't hold M7 accountable today for what opinions you have from the past. These guys are working hard to bring new items to market!

Thanks guys and have a good day!

I'm not taking sides or trying to start trouble but it would be nice to see some updated M7 videos rather than the old videos on youtube of Peter explaining products. About a year ago people were accusing Bisimoto manifolds in the Honda marlet of the same thing. Then Bisimoto fired back with a video showing his welders in California mocking up and producing custom turbo manifolds as they claimed to make in the USA. I'm not saying that needs to happen but videos speak very loudly and get around fast on the internet today.

There are several threads on here from users talking about poor fitment of M7 products, poor customer service/communication of M7 products, and people saying their products are just cheap China copies. Fire back with a video of the M7 warehouse, upload some videos of people installing products you're selling on the mini's they're supposed to fit etc..

When I'm researching a possible product and I find a video from the supplier standing behind their own product that says a lot to me much more so than some bland write up that's several years old. M7 tuning has two recent vids of heat shields and the rest of the videos are 4 years old. Update the channel with new products.

Old 01-22-2014, 03:36 PM
tummi_gummi
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just see a bunch of enraged customers who are sad because their air flow diverter or strut bar didn't add 50 horsepower. Let's open our eyes kids these is the real world. You know where big fish eat little fish. Snap into it and knock the sand out of your *****as.

Old 01-22-2014, 03:42 PM
bavmotors
6th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by tummi_gummi
I just see a bunch of enraged customers who are sad because their air flow diverter or strut bar didn't add 50 horsepower. Let's open our eyes kids these is the real world. You know where big fish eat little fish. Snap into it and knock the sand out of your *****as.
I don't think that's it at all. If people have doubts about a company, the company should respond. I constantly see Way commenting on products, standing behind what he sells.

Old 01-22-2014, 03:56 PM
jkapinos
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Have dealt with Peter in the past, hope he is doing well.

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior NEW M7 Tuning R53 Carbon Fiber Front Bumper Canards Are IN STOCK now!