General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SprintBooster

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 07:12 PM
DavidOrtiz
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will be ordering the SprintBooster soon. Any thoughts?

Last edited by DavidOrtiz; 12-26-2014 at 07:38 PM.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:28 PM
GEMSTER
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
PM him directly. Dont post it for the whole world to see.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:29 PM
DavidOrtiz
4th Gear
How do I do this?

Old 12-26-2014, 07:32 PM
GEMSTER
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...e.php?do=newpm

Type waymotorworks in the recipents section. The other sections are self explanatory.

I would suggest you edit and remove the content in your first post. Or find a mod to delete this thread.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:39 PM
DavidOrtiz
4th Gear
Thanks Gem. I edited the post (couldn't delete it) and PM'd Way.

Thanks
David

Old 12-26-2014, 08:48 PM
AndyPWR53
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got mine from a member here for $100 but I can't say I'd recommend it at retail price. Not that its bad, there are just a bunch of other things I could think of that I would rather have for the same money.

I seem to remember you being big on taking care of your car, why not go for a cravenspeed dipstick or some strut tower defenders? If performance is what your after, I can guarantee you will enjoy the combo of rear sway bar and a torque arm insert much more for the same amount of money.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 12-27-2014, 02:21 AM
DavidOrtiz
4th Gear
Andy. Still under warranty and maintenance.

Prefer not to do any mods I can't readily remove/restore to factory default when I bring Zippy in.

Last edited by DavidOrtiz; 12-27-2014 at 02:46 AM.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:21 AM
DavidOrtiz
4th Gear
Hi Way ... I was searching online for SprintBooster and was linked to MINIMania which is in California. Anyway I ordered the product but they won't process it until Monday. Coming from California to Florida via FREE shipping is going to take some time no doubt.

I came here to further research this product and see you also sell it. Georgia is certainly far closer to Florida than California. That said, I can still cancel that order (you're selling it for the same price).

My only questions are:

- Do you also offer free shipping
- Will the item selected from your website (see attached) fit a 2013 Cooper Hatchback Justa
- Do you have the item in stock, and if so when do you anticipate shipment and approximate arrival to SW Florida
- Do you also offer the 30 day product trial
- Finally, since you're in the business, what are your thoughts on this product

Thanks Way,

Regards,
David

Old 12-27-2014, 04:47 AM
DavidOrtiz
4th Gear
Anyone know if these folks are on here too? I'm trying to find a merchant closer to me (Florida) that has the SprintBooster in stock so I can order it. I cancelled the MINIMania order because they're in California and it will take forever to get to arrive in Florida based on previous order submitted to them.

Attached Thumbnails SprintBooster-image-2998935416.jpg  
Old 12-27-2014, 06:31 AM
AndyPWR53
4th Gear
Originally Posted by DavidOrtiz
Andy. Still under warranty and maintenance.

Prefer not to do any mods I can't readily remove/restore to factory default when I bring Zippy in.
Well a dipstick is a dipstick and I cannot fathom why they would deny warranty work because of strut tower plates. Same with the torque arm insert. Rear sway bar is probably a bit more noticeable. But you seem pretty set on the sprint booster, so go for it.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:19 AM
DavidOrtiz
4th Gear
Thanks Andy.

I will, if I can find someone willing to sell one.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:23 AM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Shipping time coast to coast is about 5-7 days once it is picked up by UPS/FEDEX GROUND....
3-4 days for priority mail packages like waymotorworks uses...my experiences with California based mini sellers is their selection is good, but prices are higher due to location, and wait time long due to distance....
NOT SURE if that is "forever"...I usually just shop around...and figure the total cost including shipping....waiting sucks, but it makes an item that much better when it arrives!! Compared to trippling the cost of shipping for " express", for me the free or lowest cost shipping is a deal for me...better the $$ in my pocket!!

Old 12-27-2014, 09:25 AM
DavidOrtiz
4th Gear
Decided to stay with MINIMania. THEY responded to my email and assured me prompt "priority mail" delivery. At least they communicate with prospective customers which says a lot for the company's customer service.

Kudos MINIMania -- YOU HAVE OUR BUSINESS!!

I'll let everyone know what my SprintBooster findings are. Straight honest opinion, not butt-dyno either.

Attached Thumbnails SprintBooster-image-2686974609.jpg  
Old 12-28-2014, 07:04 AM
richardsperry
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I just wouldn't bother with a Sprint Booster at all. Just press the sport button. It's not like the SB add ANY power...

Old 12-28-2014, 11:42 PM
DavidOrtiz
4th Gear
Originally Posted by richardsperry
I just wouldn't bother with a Sprint Booster at all. Just press the sport button. It's not like the SB add ANY power...
Sport button does absolutely nothing. Not interested in more "power" just faster peddle to throttle response time.

Ships today from MINIMania.

Regards,
David

Old 12-29-2014, 04:47 AM
richardsperry
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It should... It is supposed to increase steering effort and speed up the drive by wire response...
Maybe 2014's are different.

I can barely drive my car without the sport button on. (hence the FES Autosport module)...

Old 12-29-2014, 07:00 AM
DavidOrtiz
4th Gear
My "main reason" for trying this product is to eliminate that annoying lag, or bogging-down effect felt on take-off which happens sporadically. Believe me it's not the bucking one feels when you let off 1st gear incorrectly.

I've explained this phenomenon before and the closest I can associate it to is similar to a flooded carburetor. I push the gas and the darn thing moves (at its own pace) when it wants to, thus the SB was suggested. I can relate as I remember the first manual car I drove back during my college days many-many moons ago. It was a Honda CvCC, and it had a loooooong shifter with the round ball on top. However, that thing was smooth as butter when it came to drivability.

And so, I'll "try" the SB (shipped today) and see if it eliminates this. As I said, I'm not interested in "power" as I'm aware Zippy is a "Justa" and can only do but so much. After all, she's not a JCW, Ferrari or the like. However, I certainly want to "throughly" enjoy my driving experience when I drive her.

Cheers,
David

Old 12-29-2014, 07:17 AM
AndyPWR53
4th Gear
I do find it is a bit easier getting going in 1st with the SB as you can modulate throttle input better since the pedal is more sensitive. Its not going to make you a better driver or correct bad habits though. You should be able to get it going smoothly SB or not. It just makes the gas pedal a little more user friendly is all.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:07 AM
3lusive
5th Gear
Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
There is one FS right now in the Marketplace...just missed it

Old 12-29-2014, 08:33 AM
DavidOrtiz
4th Gear
Also debating adding this to complete the mod. My concern was damaging the air intake sensor with oil/gunk as I've heard horror stories about them. :(

http://www.knfilters.com/instructions/69-2024_inst.pdf

Wondering if I can order the dry version vs. oiled one.

Regards,
David

Attached Thumbnails SprintBooster-image-4180534290.jpg  
Old 12-29-2014, 10:00 AM
Joeygonz
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No harm on the sensor as long as you make sure it's fully dry before you install (after cleaner it). This can take at least an hour of down time if you ask me to let it dry. Better solution is to get a K & N sock so that you do not need to wash and dress the filter. Simply use a can of compressed air to dust it off. ANOTHER option is, to get a dry filter. Simply dust it and re-install and you're back on the road.

No horror stories if the oiled air filters are serviced correctly. Also, once a filter is removed and being prepped.. it's also the best time to clean the MAF.

Good luck on the Sprint Booster and let us know how it works for you.

Old 12-29-2014, 07:22 PM
DavidOrtiz
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Joeygonz
No harm on the sensor as long as you make sure it's fully dry before you install (after cleaner it). This can take at least an hour of down time if you ask me to let it dry. Better solution is to get a K & N sock so that you do not need to wash and dress the filter. Simply use a can of compressed air to dust it off. ANOTHER option is, to get a dry filter. Simply dust it and re-install and you're back on the road. No horror stories if the oiled air filters are serviced correctly. Also, once a filter is removed and being prepped.. it's also the best time to clean the MAF. Good luck on the Sprint Booster and let us know how it works for you.
Thanks Joey. On the sock thing, will using one reduce the air intake some?

Also, I'll need to call K&N as I can't seem to find a dry version in their site. :(

Old 12-29-2014, 08:48 PM
Joeygonz
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DavidOrtiz
Thanks Joey. On the sock thing, will using one reduce the air intake some?

Also, I'll need to call K&N as I can't seem to find a dry version in their site. :(
The use of a sock will not reduce the air flow. Its purpose is to trap very minute particles or dust that can penetrate the filter. It's your first line of defense.

I do not think K&N carries dry filters (may have new ones out) but you can find out more when you call. Exact same reason why I diverted to dry filters by Amsoil - blue filter. Been using it for the since last year and very happy with less downtime when I clean it versus my old K&N. Performance-wise, I feel better throttle response and gas mileage.

I suggest to read up more on air intakes / cold air intake on this site. There's huge argument whether to go with open air intake for sound or CAI for efficiency (utilizing the OEM air box or upgrade to JCW box).

I drive 120 miles a day and average 38.X mpgs with 90% freeway driving.

Old 12-30-2014, 06:30 AM
DavidOrtiz
4th Gear
Joey, I currently have a AFE dry filter installed inside the OEM box (see attached).

Unfortunately, I still get that sporadic bogging down, hesitation phenomenon on take-off. Hence the reason for trying the SB device. I figure with a 30-day satisfaction trial, I have nothing to lose.

Not sure if going with an open cold air intake will yield better results than the AFE Dry Filter I currently have in the OEM box.

Again, I don't particularly care about more power or sound, I just want that sporadic hesitation gone. Assuming such a thing is even remotely possible. :(

Sent from my iPhone using NAMotoring

Attached Thumbnails SprintBooster-image-713238612.jpg  
Old 12-30-2014, 06:32 AM
igzekyativ
5th Gear

Quick Reply: SprintBooster