General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MINI Embroidery Files

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Mol
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MINI Embroidery Files

On my BLOG you will find a MINI Cooper Machine embroidery file for Elna/Janome and Babylock, Brother machines.

I want to thank my mother very much for creating this file and being so nice to share it. I know she worked very hard on this. She originally made this file so she could embroider my MINI, “Alfie” an a cool “Travel vest” for me when I traveled to Europe in Sept of ‘07. She also made me a nice custom t-shirt.

I do not know anything myself about machine embroidery, so please don’t write me and ask me any questions about how to use these files.

If you do use the files, please send photos for me to add to my site and I will also send your feedback on to my mother.

The color had been changed to red and “pi” symbol has been removed in the file you can download here. Anyone who know about this stuff could easily change the color of the MINI. This design is free for you to use for your personal use only.

You may not use this MINI design for resell.

Click here to visit my Blog and download the files.

Last edited by Mol; 01-10-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OUTSTANDING!!!!

Old 01-25-2008, 12:38 PM
mmatarella
6th Gear
Here's mine. Sorry the photo's not sharper. The car on the shirt is even more detailed than shows in this pic.

It was quite a chore. Started with a photo of my car. Had a friend better at Photoshop than I convert it to a 4-5 color image. I did about 4 hours of clean up on that, eliminating some tiny 'noise' type detail that I thought would hinder the embroidery digitization. Had a service bureau convert the pic to a pes file for mom's machine. Not cheap! Now she's made me three shirts.

We're not giving this one away as we MAY set up a little side biz for Mom. At some point I want to learn Illustrator so I can create customized cars for each person. With the corrct wheels, stripes etc. Also looking at different home digitizing to pes file options. (This is converting a bitmap to a vector fiel the sewing machine recognizes, not 'regular' digitizing which is what we used to call scanning a image to a bitmap way back in the early days)

Part of the reason mine's been such a local hit is that people in my club recognize that it's MY car. The rights wheels, aerokit, even my red calipers and seat covers showed up!

But things are busy right now so this isn't going to happen in the next month or two.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:44 AM
OZE&D
Neutral
Thank you to your mom, this is perfect and hope to get my Cooper on a couple of shirts before we leave for MITM. I'll send pics.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:24 AM
Kimini03
5th Gear
That is awesome!! Thank you for sharing!! Your Mom did a wonderful job!!

Old 08-04-2009, 02:15 AM
Oakland Raiders Mini
5th Gear
I love it!

Old 01-09-2011, 07:14 PM
elfie
Neutral
MINI pattern

Great machined MINI, however I can't get into your blog. I have a Babylock embroidery machine and would love to use your MINI pattern, would you mind giving my the addy for your blog so I can download it?? Thanx elfie

Old 01-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Mol
2nd Gear