R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 [dWRK] MCS Laurel Build with photos.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 11:33 AM
dsc201knoc
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[dWRK] MCS Laurel Build with photos.

I should have started from the begining but things changed so fast on my car.

Overview:

I purchased a 2010 MCS Laurel in the middle of January then it started. Everyone knows how that mod bug hits and you get sick for it.

First day I set out and started getting some toys. M7 Grill Set, AGS-R Intake, M7 Sport Springs, M7 Oil Catch Can, M7 Upper Strut Bar, M7 Pre Intercooler Pipe, NM Post Intercooler Pipe, Alta Inlet pipe, Jumped on the Helix FMIC group buy, Forge BOV adapter.

Then I wanted more so about day 6 I set out and purchased the Cobb AP, ABF Tech Division Exhaust and Downpipe.

Started picking up some small items, Red shift pattern **** and I wanted a Laurel Steering Wheel so I made it happen. Needed tint so I went and got some 30% all around with a 5% Windshield banner.

Soon after I had the bumper reflectors and the side markers tinted.

So Here at month 2 I just picked up a set of stock rollers... 18" R105 Black JCW wheels.

I am still waiting on some parts to come in, and i still need to order some more items. M7 Front CF Lip, M7 CF Rear Diffuser, Forge Aluminum Radiator Overflow tank, Wilwood Brakes... and some more toys...

Here are the current photos of my 2010 Laurel

Old 03-20-2011, 11:50 AM
claud
3rd Gear
Wicked!!

Are you a member of Tar Heel MINI Motoring Club?

Old 03-20-2011, 11:58 AM
dsc201knoc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by claud
Wicked!!

Are you a member of Tar Heel MINI Motoring Club?
Yep I was over at Flow the other day and got a card.. joined up.. I was working so i missed the Owners Night...

Glad to be part of the community. After I get back from VA for my hospital rotation i should have full stage 3 set up. Maybe some wilwoods... we will see if i want to drop another 2k into the car so soon.. I probably will

I am usually floating around raleigh off of wake forest road, capital and around 440. Im kind of hard to miss

Old 03-20-2011, 01:05 PM
claud
3rd Gear
Since I don't think there is another Laurel in Raleigh, I think I saw you last week. See you at the next meet.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:48 PM
dsc201knoc
2nd Gear
Since I don't think there is another Laurel in Raleigh, I think I saw you last week. See you at the next meet.
Probably was I will be gone for the next month, i will be in VA on a hospital rotation to complete some medical training. Once back i should have some more time to be involved.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
How much money Did you spend in 2 months???

Old 03-20-2011, 02:23 PM
dsc201knoc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
How much money Did you spend in 2 months???
Ummmm.. 23k for the car..... then maybe 5k in parts... i really have not added it up... I basically purchased every engine bolt on and good chunk of the cosmetics.

Im not rich i am just very specific about where my money goes...

still owe like 500 for the fmic and i still want to get the wilwood brakes when i get back at the end of april... I sold my 04 CBR 600 RR and my 98 BMW M3 to pay some stuff off and free up some money so i could play.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:43 PM
biggripper
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
What is the union jack baseball stitch steering wheel. Any pics of that?

Old 03-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Did you get the car straight stock?

Old 03-20-2011, 03:08 PM
claud
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by dsc201knoc
Ummmm.. 23k for the car..... then maybe 5k in parts... i really have not added it up... I basically purchased every engine bolt on and good chunk of the cosmetics.

Im not rich i am just very specific about where my money goes...

still owe like 500 for the fmic and i still want to get the wilwood brakes when i get back at the end of april... I sold my 04 CBR 600 RR and my 98 BMW M3 to pay some stuff off and free up some money so i could play.
YO HO----Another ex BMW 3 series owner. I traded my 08 335i coupe for mine.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:58 PM
dsc201knoc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by biggripper
What is the union jack baseball stitch steering wheel. Any pics of that?
I didnt want to pay 300 plus for a mc50 red stitch steering wheel so i decided to start producing custom stitch and color wheels. I have some wheels available but all of them are MCS no JCW right now.

Did you get the car straight stock?
Bone Stock, a woman bought it then traded it in 4 months later for a Porsche cayman.

YO HO----Another ex BMW 3 series owner. I traded my 08 335i coupe for mine.
I had a 08 e90 also, but traded that in for a 2007 Mercedes e350, didnt like the Mercedes so i sold it.. A Mercedes will never be a BMW.

When I got rid of the Merc i almost bought another e90 but with gas prices and a 90 mile commute I was looking for some performance but with the 35mpg... Came across this great deal on the MINI and jumped on it. Not disappointed at all...

Old 03-20-2011, 04:07 PM
claud
3rd Gear
Its all the performance of a 328i without the just OK gas mileage, BUT with light agile handling. I hope I can get my suspension the way I want it so I can do at least one HPDE at VIR before the year is over.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
How much where your jcw rims?

Old 03-20-2011, 04:44 PM
dsc201knoc
2nd Gear
Its all the performance of a 328i without the just OK gas mileage, BUT with light agile handling. I hope I can get my suspension the way I want it so I can do at least one HPDE at VIR before the year is over.
Totally Agree. I wish i wasnt so busy so I could get out ant toy around a little more.

How much where your jcw rims?
Im a believer, lets just say that... Not like many of the other critical people on this forum, i take chances and i always reap the benefits.

5 people before me looked at a post in the market place about some black r105 wheels asking silly questions about "do you want us to bid on them on ebay" "people with out any posts should not be able to sell stuff in the market place" I contacted the woman in VA and picked them up for 900 dollars with tpms and pirelli run flats. So 940 if you count the gas for me to drive to VA and pick them up.

I got the best deal in history of MINI motoring.

I did the same with ABF Tech Division and M7 and not once have I been disappointed.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Totally Agree. I wish i wasnt so busy so I could get out ant toy around a little more.

Im a believer, lets just say that... Not like many of the other critical people on this forum, i take chances and i always reap the benefits.

5 people before me looked at a post in the market place about some black r105 wheels asking silly questions about "do you want us to bid on them on ebay" "people with out any posts should not be able to sell stuff in the market place" I contacted the woman in VA and picked them up for 900 dollars with tpms and pirelli run flats. So 940 if you count the gas for me to drive to VA and pick them up.

I got the best deal in history of MINI motoring.

I did the same with ABF Tech Division and M7 and not once have I been disappointed.
can you tak the stock sensors out of the oem rims and put them in new tires?

Old 03-20-2011, 05:02 PM
dsc201knoc
2nd Gear
can you tak the stock sensors out of the oem rims and put them in new tires?
Yes I believe so for most wheels, if you get another set of sensors for another set of wheels make sure you get the new style sensors. The 2010 and 11 have the sensors that tell you which tire is low and the older sensors won't work.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:02 PM
gothmdoc
4th Gear
Great job man, and looks like you got a sick deal 23k!!

Old 03-20-2011, 05:07 PM
dsc201knoc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by gothmdoc
Great job man, and looks like you got a sick deal 23k!!
I really did get a great deal. The dealership messed my paper work up and even made my first payment on it. Someone lost 9k on that car I'm just glad I was there to pick it up.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Yes I believe so for most wheels, if you get another set of sensors for another set of wheels make sure you get the new style sensors. The 2010 and 11 have the sensors that tell you which tire is low and the older sensors won't work.
Thank god.. And if anyone has some black rimes with a red pinstripe on the outside give me a pm.. I'm in some need lol

Old 03-20-2011, 07:01 PM
RllyDrvrIX
3rd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ahh, another Laurel... nice!

Old 03-20-2011, 08:57 PM
drewstermalloy
6th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I saw your signature somewhere else yesterday and was like "woah.. he REALLY likes m7!" I really want to know what that exhaust sounds like.

Those steering wheels are sweet.

Mods I'd like to see on it- painted grille & light surrounds, & euro arches. Otherwise... it's pretty much perfect.

Nice!!!

Old 03-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by drewstermalloy
I saw your signature somewhere else yesterday and was like "woah.. he REALLY likes m7!" I really want to know what that exhaust sounds like.

Mods I'd like to see on it- painted grille & light surrounds, & euro arches. Otherwise... it's pretty much perfect.

Nice!!!
First time I saw all the m7's I thought that was his local shop that he was sponsored by or something lol

Old 03-21-2011, 04:48 AM
dsc201knoc
2nd Gear
Thank god.. And if anyone has some black rimes with a red pinstripe on the outside give me a pm.. I'm in some need lol
look around on wheelsnext, if you are planning on wheels and tires or just the same size wheels. you can grab your oem tires and tpms out the stock rollers and use them... save some money overall.

I really want some Work VS-XX wheels but at a price tag of 800-900 a pc I was happy getting the R105 for now and using that money else where.

Originally Posted by RllyDrvrIX
Ahh, another Laurel... nice!
I thought it was a good choice

Originally Posted by drewstermalloy

Nice!!!
When I started this im not lying when i said i called and emailed every company and waited for responses. Im a strong believer you can tell where a company is at by speaking with the owner or representative. When I can call up M7 on a saturday when they are closed and talk to Peter (the owner) and have him tell me that they are closed but Matthew will contact me on monday with anything I might need... well that is dedication.. I appreciate a good company that will give you a call just to see how things are going.

For exhaust tone... I will try and get an audio clip tonight, I have to do it today because I will be without my car for 31 days

Thanks about the steering wheels, I put a lot of effort into putting things together that other people will possibly enjoy in the future. It takes some time and a whole lot of patience but the overall outcome is subtle but speaks loudly in the car.

As for the painted headlight surrounds and grill im all in and I have been thinking about doing the belt line also. Im not a real chrome guy but it stands out a little less on the pepper white in comprision to all my other "murdered out" previous cars.

Also I have to do some research, but what is the difference with the USDM and the EUDM arches.

First time I saw all the m7's I thought that was his local shop that he was sponsored by or something lol
I wish, M7 does have some good deals going on right now though, 15% off because of the 9yr aniverssary i believe. They sent me the wrong lower grill, i called and told them and they overnighted me the right grill with a return label for the previously sent grill. Great Customer Service!

End all im making this daily driver built to appear in magazines, I run my small tuning company on the side which is entirely funded by, well.... me... so i need to make a name for myself in this vast tuning industry. if I am offered that chance I want to be able to talk highly about the parts on my car. So my selection of parts I will stand behind 100 fold even if it is not what "many others would choose" I would gladly be one of the first people to get a new product then be the person that goes to a website and buys a product because "every one els has it".

I love cars and everything about them, unfortunatly I have my regular job which consists of medicine.... Long hours of learning. In the off time I try to play as much as i can.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:02 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Lets see a pic of under the bonnet

Old 03-21-2011, 05:20 AM
drewstermalloy
6th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Also I have to do some research, but what is the difference with the USDM and the EUDM arches.
They don't have the side marker/reflector lights in them. They look MUCH cleaner.

Quick Reply: R56 [dWRK] MCS Laurel Build with photos.