U.S. Mini Club (Long Island) The U.S. MINI Club Forum. Visit our club site at USMiniClub.com

Long Island roll call

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 09:40 AM
phantasms
5th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Good seeing everyone this morning. Sorry I had to spilt so early.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:52 PM
suss1173
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 MCS pure silver w/ black hard-top JCW Aero Kit in Sea Cliff.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Anthony314
2nd Gear
My Mini just arrived to NYC yesterday. Hoping to get it sometime in the next week! IF you see a pure Astro Black mini driving around in Long Beach, that's me!

Old 07-08-2008, 06:21 PM
benji_mini
4th Gear
welcome to the club! haha hope you enjoy it.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:43 AM
Ravensmini
1st Gear
Long Beach checking in

Old 07-10-2008, 09:15 AM
pedrocooper
3rd Gear
Welcome to MINI Island!

Old 08-12-2008, 07:37 PM
4cefed4
2nd Gear
Pure Silver 08 MCSa in South Huntington right here

Old 08-26-2008, 03:10 PM
benji_mini
4th Gear
any more of these sunday night meets by century 21 or any other meets?

Old 08-26-2008, 07:55 PM
suss1173
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by 4cefed4
Pure Silver 08 MCSa in South Huntington right here
I have been thinking of moving up to an r56 JCW, if I do it would be pure silver with a black top. Do you have any pictures of your ride, I would like to see what the r56 looks like in pure silver.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:32 PM
coveMINI
Neutral
Hyper Blue metallic/white '06 Mini here in Eaton's Neck! Going on 3 weeks now with my new Mini.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Creeve
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by suss1173
I have been thinking of moving up to an r56 JCW, if I do it would be pure silver with a black top. Do you have any pictures of your ride, I would like to see what the r56 looks like in pure silver.
Here is my PS:

Old 11-06-2008, 01:29 PM
suss1173
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Creeve
Here is my PS:

Thanks for tie pictures.
Sweet ride!!!!

Old 04-18-2009, 04:06 PM
CRAMPT
Neutral
'07 Astro Black MINI here in good ole' Stony Brook. She still looks like she rolled off the factory line

Old 05-12-2009, 05:44 PM
rimplestultskin
2nd Gear
'04 just-a-cooper CVT, indi blue/white/white, massapequa. outmotoring short antenna, debadged, spending this summer getting a sprintbooster, euro lights, head unit, maybe some tint, and little nick-nacks here and there.

then takin' her up to geneseo come august, for some college time.

i've already decided that no matter what anyone ever tells you, indi blue is the best shade of blue on any car, and the CVT is so much better than people say it is. 99,300 miles and still rockin' and rollin'.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:15 PM
erickvonzipper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by rimplestultskin
'04 just-a-cooper CVT, indi blue/white/white, massapequa. outmotoring short antenna, debadged, spending this summer getting a sprintbooster, euro lights, head unit, maybe some tint, and little nick-nacks here and there.

then takin' her up to geneseo come august, for some college time.

i've already decided that no matter what anyone ever tells you, indi blue is the best shade of blue on any car, and the CVT is so much better than people say it is. 99,300 miles and still rockin' and rollin'.
Up until a coupla years ago, I lived in Massapequa for 12 years. In Wantagh now. Wanna meet up?

Old 05-16-2009, 04:42 PM
rimplestultskin
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by erickvonzipper
Up until a coupla years ago, I lived in Massapequa for 12 years. In Wantagh now. Wanna meet up?

i'm flooded with work and school right now, and my mini needs some bodywork before it looks right again (fender bender at work + hasty careless debadging job = aches and pains in the body and paint. ) wanna crash the friday night car shows at the bellmore train station this summer? i figure if we start showing up in our minis, and get a few other south shore motorists to come with, we can start a mini tradition over there.

i used to live in merrick, so the bellmore car show once upon a time was my life.

also, idk if anyone else from the massapequa area is on here, but today i saw a dark grey R53 JCW on broadway at an office building, if you own said car or know the owner of said car, congrats, it looks beautiful.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:04 PM
rimplestultskin
2nd Gear
EDIT TO MY LAST POST: attention all south shore LIer's who own minis or other euro cars. we should all have a gathering at one or more of the friday night car shows in bellmore that go on every week in the summer. i'm down to go in my R50 and my cousin might come out once in a while in his Mk4 GTI, so it should be a good ol' euro show.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:11 PM
erickvonzipper
6th Gear
Yeah, I'll crash the Friday night Bellmore gig with you. If we can firm up a night, I'll post it to US MINI Club, and maybe a few of the guys'll join us. Parking at the train station, as always, should be a hoot.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:17 PM
rimplestultskin
2nd Gear
sounds good, sounds good. and i'm thinking i might show up more than once over the course of the summer at bellmore, plus maybe once or twice at the massapequa show, even though most of the people who show up there are in classic american muscle so i'd be out of place.

i'm feeling mid-late july, hopefully by then i'll be able to throw enough repairs and mods onto my mini to make it a show-stealer. this whole minimum wage thing is losing its appeal, i need high school to end now so i can get more hours at a better-paying job...

Old 05-17-2009, 06:23 PM
rimplestultskin
2nd Gear
for some reason, my posts keep getting deleted. but yeah, i'm thinking mid to late july, once i have some time and money to get my car the repairs and mods it needs to steal the show, i'm gonna start going to bellmore regularly.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:57 AM
xstartxtodayx
3rd Gear
Not sure if this is the right place to mention this but I thought it would work (mods if this isn't the right place please move to appropriate thread/or new topic).

For anyone who's interested, there is a weekly euro gtg over at Borders on 347 in Stony Brook every Wed. night. Cars usually start showing up around 830/9pm and hang out for a couple hrs or so, good group of ppl and now that the weather is nice we'll have anywhere from 15-30+ cars per evening (anything from beaters to show queens but mostly your average cars). It's mostly VW (air and water cooled) and Audi but all european makes are welcome (I bring my fiancee's Clubman from time to time). The gtg was started by a club called "EE Militia" ( www.eemilitia.com ) which is a european car club and is also open to all makes/models of european cars.

Just thought I'd throw that out there b/c it would be cool to get some more diversity to these gtg's and if there are more Mini's my fiancee wouldn't mind coming out as much (p.s. one of the regulars who drives a really nice GTI is a former Mini owner so there's plenty of love there).

Old 06-06-2009, 02:49 PM
rimplestultskin
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by xstartxtodayx
Not sure if this is the right place to mention this but I thought it would work (mods if this isn't the right place please move to appropriate thread/or new topic).

For anyone who's interested, there is a weekly euro gtg over at Borders on 347 in Stony Brook every Wed. night. Cars usually start showing up around 830/9pm and hang out for a couple hrs or so, good group of ppl and now that the weather is nice we'll have anywhere from 15-30+ cars per evening (anything from beaters to show queens but mostly your average cars). It's mostly VW (air and water cooled) and Audi but all european makes are welcome (I bring my fiancee's Clubman from time to time). The gtg was started by a club called "EE Militia" ( www.eemilitia.com ) which is a european car club and is also open to all makes/models of european cars.

Just thought I'd throw that out there b/c it would be cool to get some more diversity to these gtg's and if there are more Mini's my fiancee wouldn't mind coming out as much (p.s. one of the regulars who drives a really nice GTI is a former Mini owner so there's plenty of love there).
i might do that some time this summer, if i ever feel up to driving to stony brook, i might do that in my mini, and bring along my cousin in his GTI, my friend eric in his jetta wolfsburg, and a few other buddies of mine who have audis.

also, that bellmore meet i was talking about has gotten a lot more official now. anyone who lives on the south shore, or feels like driving to bellmore on a friday night, i'm trying to get a bunch of mini/euro drivers together at the bellmore train station on august 1 and august 15, since every friday night throughout the summer, there are car shows there. open invitation to anyone on this site, and in turn you're all openly allowed to bring guests, especially if they drive euro or mini.

just for kicks, i emailed ian cull (GBMINI.net and GPMINI.net, but several of you probably already knew that) and he said if august is open for him, he might bring his GP down from massachusetts, and forward the invite to GP george, who as you might guess from his name, also owns a GP. so, in theory, one or two GP's (and their owners) might possibly be showing up, and a friend of mine from middle school has a 328xi, and his dad has an audi R8 (my eyes light up every time i see it driving around town), so if i can get his family to come along, it's gonna be a euro-car blowout.

whether you're in US mini club or not, as long as you're willing to drive out to bellmore on either of the two listed days, consider yourself invited.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:10 AM
erickvonzipper
6th Gear
The bellmore gtgs are Friday nights, afaik. August 1 and 15 are Saturday nights.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:46 AM
rimplestultskin
2nd Gear
wow, ten points for me for reading a calendar wrong, i feel stupid now. last day of july, then, instead of august 1, and august 14 instead of the 15, thanks for pointing that out.

the fact still stands that there might be an R8 and one or two GPs showing up if we get lucky, and it's still open invite for anyone.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:46 PM
erickvonzipper
6th Gear
Its on my calendar.

Quick Reply: Long Island roll call