Travel Stories Have an interesting trip in your MINI that you want to share with others? Post it here!

Need a road trip stop recommendation for NC or VA

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 08:33 AM
Aeromax
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need a road trip stop recommendation for NC or VA

So I've got a little road trip planned that's starting this friday. I'm flying to Orlando with my fiancee and some friends, where we will be renting a car (I know, blech) staying in orlando for a couple of days, heading to savannah, GA for two more days, and then we plan on getting to DC on the way home on friday night. So I have a two-day gap in my trip from wednesday morning when I leave savannah, to friday night when I get to DC. I was planning on going to Asheville, NC to check out the B.R. Parkway, but staying there for a couple of days and booking it to dc in one day is a lot of work, and I'm starting to think Asheville might be a bit out of the way. Does anyone have any suggestions for a place I might stop for a couple of days in between Savannah, and DC? Or perhaps two places I might stay for a night each? I would like to include a peice of the Parkway in my trip, but it doesn't necessarily have to be the section in NC, unless that particular section must not be missed.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:14 PM
ThomasW
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should come through Greenville, SC on the way to Asheville. The downtown here is absolutely amazing, lots of parks and shops. It is a very popular place.

This is the main attraction in 'Falls Park'

It is a suspension bridge over the river that runs through downtown, and a whole park centered around it off of main street.

The restaurants are fantastic, and the whole main street is tree lined

http://www.greenvillesc.gov/
There's the city website that could give you all the information you need.

I love it here, after college I definitely want to move downtown. Greenville is the best place in SC in my opinion and I'm sure some fellow South Carolinians will second that.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Aeromax
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll run it by my roadtrip buddies. Too bad I won't be in my mini, or I'd wave. Somehow waving from my rental car just doesn't do it...