Travel Stories Have an interesting trip in your MINI that you want to share with others? Post it here!

I hate driving in the rain... not!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 06:18 AM
Viper Freq
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate driving in the rain... not!

Most of my life I have said that driving in the rain is not fun. Three weeks ago I bought Estelle; a dark silver MCS with premium and sport packages. Although I am at the 1500 mile point, and have no modifications to her, she continues to give me an ear to ear grin that won't quit. Todays rain made that no different. As a matter of fact it enhanced the smile.

My normal drive to work is down an old country road that is fairly straight, but reasonably fun and little traffic to deal with. Today that changed as I found myself stuck behind a line of cars traveling at 20 MPH less than the speed limit. Luckily there are two roads that parallel each other to work which are connected by smaller country roads that I have never been on...until today.

Trying to skirt around the people that hate to drive in the rain I hit the first crossroad and the accelerator while the grin begins. That is when I found out that a stock MCS will engage the DCS going into 4th gear if the road is slick. Never did she feel that she was out of control however, but instead was constantly fighting to squat lower and grip, or make, any dry pavement possible.

For the first time I have a car that is alive, and enjoys being pushed to the extremes under extreme weather conditions.

I no longer hate driving in the rain...as a matter of fact, I hope it is raining on my drive home.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Carve906
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice!

The longer I drive my cooper, the more I find a need to explore those old back countyr roads!

Enjoy!