Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

2013 MCS goodyear 205/55 R16 Weather Ready Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 06:20 PM
cyberlunacy
3rd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 MCS goodyear 205/55 R16 Weather Ready Tires

so.. finally could take the "Tranny Granny" on these std 195/55 R16 street tires in the Winter Vortex that is Iowa right now.
went to Discount tire, they didn't have anything all season or blizzak's in that size so went with a Goodyear Weather Ready 205/55 R16 (hair taller and hair wider) and instantaneously, because their lot was a huge crap pile of sloppy deep snow, i noticed that damn... almost no slippage
these Goodyear Weather Ready tires may not be winter rated, and i have never been a fan of Goodyear and their **** poor tread wear, but i can tell you right now, WOW, i have never bought anything but cheapy radials for my cars because i know how to drive in the snow with just about anything i have driven, but, again, WOW.
the Mini is a completely different car right now, and not for one single second do i have any fear about driving in the snow.... just wow. grip and go with the traction control on is like a new experience. prior it would engage, the engine would throttle back and you basically crawled through the snow. not now...
$50 rebate from discount tire and an $80 rebate from Goodyear on these make of tire.
brought me down to around $540 for a full set of tires mounted and balanced.
very happy with these and will treat them nice and put back on some nice streets when snow is gone and save them for next winter.
wife is already wanting some for the Focus.