Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Goodyear Eagle F1 all season

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 04:59 PM
Jeffob5
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goodyear Eagle F1 all season

Anybody running these tires on their Mini? They are on sale right now at a very good price in the standard 205/45/17 size. I have been looking to replace my current runflats with non-runflats all seasons that would also be good in the winter here in Southeast PA.

The Summitomo HTR A's are the other choice for about the same $'s but in slightly upsized 215/45/17 which should provide a bit more sidewall for a less rough overall ride.

Thoughts on these options?

Old 05-04-2017, 09:41 PM
Noonzio
5th Gear
Received 164 Likes on 103 Posts
Which ones, the Assymetric 2? I've had them on my Volvo S80, Volvo XC90 and BMW 335xi . . . excellent tire. Decided not to bother with all-season's on my R53 - but if I had they would have been the only tire I'd consider

Old 05-04-2017, 11:11 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeffob5
Anybody running these tires on their Mini? They are on sale right now at a very good price in the standard 205/45/17 size. I have been looking to replace my current runflats with non-runflats all seasons that would also be good in the winter here in Southeast PA.

The Summitomo HTR A's are the other choice for about the same $'s but in slightly upsized 215/45/17 which should provide a bit more sidewall for a less rough overall ride.

Thoughts on these options?
The $68.25 each F1 Asymmetric All Seasons in 205/45-17 are old stock made in 2013. The newer made ones are $148.99 each.

If you will use up the tire in 2-3 years you may be OK but any longer than that and the rubber will age out and need to be replaced. The sidewalls can show dry rot and crack. In the first year they should be OK. Treadwear 500 suggests they will last a fair amount of miles.

Also as tires age the rubber hardens even if only stored and you will get a firmer ride and more noise.

Compared to other top UHP all season tires -
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests...y.jsp?ttid=201
It's a tough competitive class.

The Sumitomo HTR A/S is a budget tire with average marks-
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests...y.jsp?ttid=204
Some owners note not very good treadwear.

Old 05-05-2017, 05:24 AM
Jeffob5
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by minihune
The $68.25 each F1 Asymmetric All Seasons in 205/45-17 are old stock made in 2013. The newer made ones are $148.99 each.

If you will use up the tire in 2-3 years you may be OK but any longer than that and the rubber will age out and need to be replaced. The sidewalls can show dry rot and crack. In the first year they should be OK. Treadwear 500 suggests they will last a fair amount of miles.

Also as tires age the rubber hardens even if only stored and you will get a firmer ride and more noise.

Compared to other top UHP all season tires -
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests...y.jsp?ttid=201
It's a tough competitive class.

The Sumitomo HTR A/S is a budget tire with average marks-
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests...y.jsp?ttid=204
Some owners note not very good treadwear.

Yes, those are the ones, showing on Tirerack although I'm not sure they are still in stock, but I will check. That price is too good to ignore with my budget restrictions these days. The Summitomo's are good to at that low price range for an all season. I was also considering picking up a set of Nexen Winguard Sports and throwing those onto the Clubman in the fall instead. Not sure.