Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Suspension IE adjustable or fixed with TSW springs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 06:40 PM
mationato
2nd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
IE adjustable or fixed with TSW springs?

I'm looking into getting KONI yellow shocks with TSW springs and I'm wondering what kind of camber plates to get. Will the IE fixed camber plates be too much and cause too much wear for a spirited DD with occasional track day / autocross? Otherwise I'll go with the adjustable camber plates, but I want to make sure that the fixed ones won't fit my needs before getting adjustable ones that might cause additional points of failure.

Old 09-18-2017, 10:05 PM
squawSkiBum
Received 302 Likes on 223 Posts
I have Vorshlag camber plates up front and adjustable rear control arms, I am set to -2 degrees all around and don't have any uneven tire wear. The IE fixed plates are less than that, I don't think you'll see any problems.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:30 AM
bcriverjunky
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Note that IE fixed plates will increase ride height.

Old 09-24-2017, 01:31 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
We only recommend using adjustable camber plates with our TSW springs. Going fixed will end up with too much camber and could be different side to side.
The Vorshlags are the best
https://www.waymotorworks.com/vorshl...er-plates.html

Otherwise I'd go with the Eibach
https://www.waymotorworks.com/eibach...0-r52-r53.html

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 09-25-2017, 05:00 PM
mbwicz
6th Gear
Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
I would listen to Way's recommendation. I ran IE fixed plates with yellows and TSW springs for over 50k miles. I had about -1.5 front camber, and -2.0 in the rear. I had even tire wear, and this was my daily.

The IE fixed raise the front of the car about 1/4", because of the extra plate that is used to get the extra camber.

I did have a front strut loosen up, this took out the strut and the mount. I blame myself for this, it wasn't anything with the components. It just sucks it was on the way to my track day at The Glen.

Have fun,
Mike