Suspension Quick ratio steering rack?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 09:52 AM
HasAnMTBProblem
3rd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Quick ratio steering rack?

First, let me state that I understand what I'm about to talk about is nit picky. I also understand that any modifications regarding this is probably more money and work than what it's worth. ...but I like thinking about things like this, and am curious what options there are out there, if any.

So, I've had my 2012 R60S for about 6 months, now. One thing that I noticed is that two-handed steering around sharper corners is right at the limit of hand grip without having to move one of my hands. If I had things perfect for my preference, I wouldn't mind having a slightly tighter steering ratio. I believe the R60 has a 14.1:1 steering ratio, and I'm interested to see if there is a solution that knocks a quarter turn, or so, off the lock to lock rotation.

Initial searches for close ratio steering racks are coming up empty. Any thoughts?

Old 06-02-2017, 08:01 AM
Saltysalt
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I think you would have to swap something else in, which could be not as big of an issue as it may seem. since its nearly a full electric steering system? I think some research you can find another rack similar style could be put in. brackets are always easy to fab up, and then tie rods are adjustable.

I wouldn't think any other mini would have a different rack unless maybe the 3rd gen