Suspension Alignment specs - Performance Minded?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 08:07 AM
cstrumol
3rd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Alignment specs - Performance Minded?

So after letting my coils settle for about a week I am having my alignment done tomorrow. I've done some browsing and found the below photo to be the stock specs for my CMS All4. I consider myself an aggressive driver at times and would like to know how I can tweak the alignment for a little better performance without sacrificing huge amounts of tire wear or daily driveability. From what I've read some additional camber in the front will help in the 1-1.5* range. Not sure if I should do anything about front or rear toe though. Any advice would be great, thanks!

Old 06-02-2017, 08:19 AM
Saltysalt
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
sorry it took so long for a response. but anything over 2 deg of chamber is not really needed for the street, we just don't have the tires to grip to gain anything more than that. Toe can make a car feel much difference with minor adjustments. typically you want a slight toe in on the rear will keep you stabile at speed, whereas toe out in rear can help rotate I believe.

toe in on the front will slower steering response but keep stability at speed, and toe out will have a sharper turn in. excessive toe will eat tires. but even at .5 deg you can feel a difference