Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Suspension Suspension question!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 06:46 PM
ForzaTheKid
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suspension question!

Hello. Im new to the forum so sorry if this question has been asked already but I couldn't find anything on it. I just picked up a 03 MCS a couple weeks back n the rear struts are feeling weak. (Car has about 123k miles) I found some coilovers with life time warranty that are 1-3" adjustable. (Plan on only dropping 1") They also have camber adjustments. I plan on having an alignment done after the install. So my question is if i go with these coilovers will i still need adjustable lower control arms to take care of the camber? Thanks.

Old 10-31-2016, 08:28 AM
Racingguy04
5th Gear
Received 118 Likes on 95 Posts
Which coilovers are they? I've never heard of rear coilovers that worked without adjustable rear control arms, but there are some out there that have adjustable camber in the front (ie built in camber plates)

Old 11-01-2016, 12:39 AM
ForzaTheKid
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Racingguy04
Which coilovers are they? I've never heard of rear coilovers that worked without adjustable rear control arms, but there are some out there that have adjustable camber in the front (ie built in camber plates)
I believe the brand is called race land. They are kind of cheap but they have lifetime warranty and 30 day money back so i might try them. And maybe the camber adjustment was just on the front ones. I guess ill have to check again.