Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

2010 Camden Transmission problem after engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 10:53 AM
Rogerbird1
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 Camden Transmission problem after engine swap

I had a blown head gasket with coolant in the oil. 137k miles on the car. It overheated on the hwy, I pulled off checked the oil, it was good, checked the coolant it was gone. I added coolant, it when right into the oil.
I shut it off and had it towed. It sat for 6 months. I had it towed 2x, finally to my house( I was moving) .
I found a used motor N12 w 60K Miles. I went through the task of pulling the old motor and automatic transmission out moving the transmission to the new motor and reinstalling it.
After only miswiring a marker light to the horn, I got the car up and running. Took it off the jack stands, warmed it up, checked the engine codes, 14 previous codes from the over heating issues.
Put it in Drive and moved it forward 3 feet, then reverse , and repeated 2 more times. Turned the car off and on a few times (finally to rewire the horn/marker light - Same connectors!!).
Got back in, figured I would chance a drive around the block, since I could not clear the engine codes w my reader...
Started it up, put it in drive... No movement. Went through all the gears, nothing!

I thought maybe I was low on fluid, and after much searching, found where and how to check.. But it is very cold, and I dont think I warmed the car up enough idling, because the fluid was coming out of the drain plug, past the overflow. But I know it has fluid...

So.. and suggestions?
I can get a used warrantied tranny for $600 with 60K.. Should I go through the engine removal process and replace the tranny?

Help!

Old 01-21-2019, 01:49 PM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 427 Likes on 393 Posts
check the shifter cable...it could've slipped without you noticing.

Old 01-21-2019, 04:27 PM
Rogerbird1
1st Gear
Thanks, no it is still connected.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:38 PM
Rogerbird1
1st Gear
Bought a used transmission - Same model.. help

OK.. I bought a used transmission, same model out of a 2007. GA6F21WA
It came with a warning label:
" Engine - Transmission - Transfer Case - Differential
PCM / TCM / Crank Angle
Valve Body / Programming
Relearn / Reflash
Is Manditory "

What does this mean? Does it apply? How do I do it if it does???

Help!!

Old 02-07-2019, 07:36 PM
Rogerbird1
1st Gear
Ended up taking it to the dealer.. they did a drain plug, overflow pipe and fluid replacement.
Working good now. ($496 !!! )

Old 01-09-2021, 07:48 PM
Cambel Spurgin
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no clue how to work this site. just have a question from this person.

Originally Posted by Rogerbird1
I had a blown head gasket with coolant in the oil. 137k miles on the car. It overheated on the hwy, I pulled off checked the oil, it was good, checked the coolant it was gone. I added coolant, it when right into the oil.
I shut it off and had it towed. It sat for 6 months. I had it towed 2x, finally to my house( I was moving) .
I found a used motor N12 w 60K Miles. I went through the task of pulling the old motor and automatic transmission out moving the transmission to the new motor and reinstalling it.
After only miswiring a marker light to the horn, I got the car up and running. Took it off the jack stands, warmed it up, checked the engine codes, 14 previous codes from the over heating issues.
Put it in Drive and moved it forward 3 feet, then reverse , and repeated 2 more times. Turned the car off and on a few times (finally to rewire the horn/marker light - Same connectors!!).
Got back in, figured I would chance a drive around the block, since I could not clear the engine codes w my reader...
Started it up, put it in drive... No movement. Went through all the gears, nothing!

I thought maybe I was low on fluid, and after much searching, found where and how to check.. But it is very cold, and I dont think I warmed the car up enough idling, because the fluid was coming out of the drain plug, past the overflow. But I know it has fluid...

So.. and suggestions?
I can get a used warrantied tranny for $600 with 60K.. Should I go through the engine removal process and replace the tranny?

Help!
I found this post of a dude who did an engine swap with his camden. I have a camden and i want to swap the engine with a k24. im curious to if your mission control voices still work? if they don’t work then i won’t swap my engine and i’ll just get another cheap mini to swap. thank you.

Old 01-10-2021, 02:25 AM
Rogerbird1
1st Gear
Mission control still works as usual. No other major issues since the engine and transmission replacement. We have added another 20k to the new setup. "Pearl" is still going strong, just reached 156,000 miles.