Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Mini cooper s issues

Old 06-16-2018, 06:41 PM
1fstfiero
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mini cooper s issues

I have a 2004 mini cooper s that will not move. I have never been so confused in my life. Here is what happen. I down shifted from second into first and floored it. Car caught traction and i heard a loud pop. Like an axle broke. Pushed the car home, put it on jack stands to look at the axles and see which one was broken and to my surprise not one axle was broke. Here is what the car does. Car will go into evey gear with out using the clutch just fine, but wont move. As the car is in gear it sounds like metal rolling around inside the trans. Broken input shaft i thought. Bought a new trans, pulled old trans out and to my surprise the input shaft looked fine. I can twist the input shaft just fine and both outputs move. So i installed new trans to see maybe if it was an internal issue. While trans was out i checked the clutch and it looked a little worn but not bad. I put the car back together to find that It is doing the same thing. I decided to order a clutch to make sure the friction plate wasnt bad and to also know that everything is new. I remove the trans, remove the clutch. This time i spin the flywheel to make sure i get compression, just to make sure the crank isnt broken. I install new clutch, new throw out bearing and put the new trans back in. Put the car back together and leave it on jack stands. I rotate the axle on the passenger side while the car is in gear not running to see if it rotates the opposite side. It does not. I then start the car and proceed to try the new clutch. The car does the same damn thing. I can put the car into every gear with out the clutch being used, but the axles do not spin. The clutch pedal feels normal when pushed in and released. The slave cylinder is pushing the throw out bearing lever. And it sounds like metal rolling around, with each gear i put it in the louder and faster the metal sounds like it is rolling. I am totally lost. Has anyone experienced this before. I do not know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day and thanks.

Last edited by 1fstfiero; 06-16-2018 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Miss spellings