Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Headlight Bulbs - possible replacement

Old 11-22-2017, 07:11 AM
mitchell_U2
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headlight Bulbs - possible replacement

Hello all,
This morning when starting the warning light for the driving lamp\fog lamp went off and from inside the cabin I could clearly see that the driver's side was out or it appeared to be out. Once to work and a bit later I went out to have a second look. I restarted - with no warning indication - and could see that the drivers side lamp was lighting but compared to the passenger side it was maybe half power. Is it possible only one of the two bulbs - the H13 (halogen) or the D1S (Xenon) is out? or a electrical connective issue?
I've recently hit a couple stellar road issues that I nearly felt that a strut should have come thru the hood! And I may need a new battery - two no start issues this week as well. Clicking noise when attempting and did eventually start.

Or other possibilities for the headlamp bulbs?

Thanks for reading,
Mitchell

2009 S Clubman

Old 11-26-2017, 12:55 PM
bugeye1031
Received 80 Likes on 75 Posts
I would bet that it's the fog light bulb. Sounds similar to a problem that I had a while back. It seems like the Xenon bulbs don't fail like that.....they seem to just keep getting dimmer.

If it is your driver's side fog light bulb, be ready to just pull the wheel. It is SO much easier to get access that way.

If you buy a new battery, be careful with the connections....they are a sort of pinch connection that can seem tight when they aren't. Also, some battery terminals are ever so slightly smaller than original, which can lead to similar issues. Car will start, but could present problems in a few days. Problems could include weird things like your trip meter, calendar, clock, avg MPG, etc resetting to zero overnight.

The following users liked this post:
mitchell_U2 (11-26-2017)
Old 11-26-2017, 05:37 PM
mitchell_U2
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Bugeye
I've determined over the weekend that I have to replace my Bi-Xenon. I changed the battery today and I can already feel the starts are better. Even before the overnight temperature drops.
Mitchell

Search this Thread