Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Roll up Window - URGENT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 03:33 PM
Timmytron
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roll up Window - URGENT!!!

I shipped my CAS3 module and replacement ECU to be programmed and synced, and they won't get here till Wednesday. When I open the door, it lowers the window down about 1/4 inch each time. It's currently about two inches down, and there are rain clouds in the sky. Any idea how I can manually roll the window up? The CAS3 module is not installed, so there's no way to get the car electronics to turn on.

My leather seats thank you ahead of time for the help!!!

- Timothy

Old 11-20-2017, 05:45 PM
bratling
Super Moderator
Received 217 Likes on 151 Posts
Hold the window switch in the up position for about ten seconds and release. The window should dip and raise back up a quarter inch to indicate that is pinch sensor has reset.

If that doesn't work, try all the way down, hold there for 10 seconds, then all the way back up (as far as it goes) and hold for 10 seconds.

Had this same thing happen on my 2009 Clubman.

Old 11-21-2017, 09:09 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 427 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by Timmytron
I shipped my CAS3 module and replacement ECU to be programmed and synced, and they won't get here till Wednesday. When I open the door, it lowers the window down about 1/4 inch each time. It's currently about two inches down, and there are rain clouds in the sky. Any idea how I can manually roll the window up? The CAS3 module is not installed, so there's no way to get the car electronics to turn on.

My leather seats thank you ahead of time for the help!!!

- Timothy
pull the door panel and directly feed the motor. 12v is all you need. once done, disconnect the battery. that should have been done when you took the modules out and never reconnected.

Old 11-22-2017, 01:45 PM
Timmytron
1st Gear
Neither of those worked. I taped a bag over the crack and that did the job. Was already sprinkling so didn't want to take off the door card.

Next question: how do I open the trunk? Is there any kind of manual release? I've heard there's one under the rear passenger seat but I don't see one.

Old 11-22-2017, 02:03 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Don't know year/model of your car but here is one https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=41_1770

Change to your car if different.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:19 PM
Timmytron
1st Gear
Suck, I don't think there is any way to open mine. I think mine is 3/2008. I was planning on upgrading speakers and amp with new Rockford Fosgate ones since I had the dash out anyway. I did the four door speakers but I guess I'll just have to wait on the back speakers and amp... :(