Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

VANOS Solenoid Replacement / Reset DME Adaptations

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 11:31 AM
sarge21rvb
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VANOS Solenoid Replacement / Reset DME Adaptations

Hey all, I've got a 2011 R56s (N18) with 71k miles. The exhaust side VANOS solenoid has gone bad (threw CEL, went to dealership and they tested and confirmed the solenoid is bad). I can replace it myself (it's literally one bolt), but the service tech was telling me the DME adaptations need to be reset when the solenoid gets replaced. I have a D-CAN cable (I did some programming with NCSExpert) and I was reading a lot of BMW owners can do it themselves and that the software has the capability, but I can't find anything specific to the N18 engine or the MINI in general, other than resetting a CVT (which I don't have). Do I need to get ISTA+? Some insight into what to do here would be great, thanks!

Old 10-14-2017, 12:12 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Old 10-14-2017, 12:18 PM
sarge21rvb
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher
I know how to replace the solenoid itself. It's literally one bolt. I need help with the aftermath where I need to reset the ECU adaptations for the new part.