Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Need indy shop-dead car

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 08:01 AM
DansMiniS
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need indy shop-dead car

Hi, My car just crapped out a few days ago i i had it towed to Braman Mini. I had a feeling it was the HFFP and upon inspection, they claimed it was and repiared it under extended warranty. When i picked up the car last week the car died again after 10 miles of driving. I had it towed back and now they are saying it is the fise box not sending power to the JBE fuel pump and it will cost 1000 to repair. I dont buy it. I called a local mechanic i use sometimes but he claimed he cannot fix because of the coding and programming etc. Is there a shop i can take it to that is the the west palm, delray area that can help me with this???? Thanks

Old 08-21-2017, 06:01 PM
AZdsrt
6th Gear
Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
Old 08-21-2017, 07:01 PM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 427 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by DansMiniS
Hi, My car just crapped out a few days ago i i had it towed to Braman Mini. I had a feeling it was the HFFP and upon inspection, they claimed it was and repiared it under extended warranty. When i picked up the car last week the car died again after 10 miles of driving. I had it towed back and now they are saying it is the fise box not sending power to the JBE fuel pump and it will cost 1000 to repair. I dont buy it. I called a local mechanic i use sometimes but he claimed he cannot fix because of the coding and programming etc. Is there a shop i can take it to that is the the west palm, delray area that can help me with this???? Thanks
The JBE is easy. for the most part it is plug and play. the programming is straight forward. as a mini cooper owner you need to have INPA, WINKfp and NCSexpert. those are enough to get you back on the road quickly.

for now, look for the JBE on Ebay or car-part.com and try to get matching options use bimmer.work to compare. ask the vendor to provide you the VIN of the donor car.