Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Anyone tried AC Pro?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 09:25 PM
Drumsound
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone tried AC Pro?

The AC in my '06 R53 is cool, but not cold, and that's only when I use recycle. Has anyone tried AC Pro? Did it work, and was it long lasting? Is it as simple as they claim on TV?

Old 06-17-2017, 05:56 AM
AoxoMoxoA
5th Gear
Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
Your best bet (cost-wise) would be to bring your MINI to a shop that does A/C work, have them pull a vacuum and evacuate your system, which would expose any leaks you may have. If it holds vacuum, they can recharge with the proper amount of new refrigerant, and you'll hopefully have cold A/C once again -- provided you don't have a compressor issue...

Shouldn't cost more than $50-75 for the evacuation/recharge service.

Last edited by AoxoMoxoA; 06-17-2017 at 06:42 AM.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:40 AM
GP193
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
AC Pro

Yes. I tried it and it has worked well for the last 4 months.

The problem is, the Mini is very temperamental with the correct weight of Freon. I think +/- .5lbs

If you try it you have to add a tiny amount and then see if it worked. If you over pressurize it...well....then the compressor will not run!

If you under presurize it....then you will be in the same spot...maybe even warmr then you all ready have.

Very hard to do without th full "Shop" gauges.

Good luck.

Old 06-18-2017, 07:45 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
Like said before you can take it to about any shop that does A/C work and have them do an evac and recharge with a leak check. We've found many of them that don't actually have a leak, just over the years have lost a little and the A/C performance is just terrible. The system is only for .91 lbs so it doesn't take much for it to not work well or at all. I personally usually put just a tad more in when I refill them to get it to have a slightly higher high side pressure that makes it work a little better.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 06-22-2017, 07:45 AM
Drumsound
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks everyone.