Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Limp mode 2009 MCS

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 05:51 AM
AlvaSpeed
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Limp mode 2009 MCS

My 2009 MCS is in limp mode. Ran the carly app and got this error codes:
Motor Control:
Engine / Motor
Throttle Code: 002B0B
pressure sensor intake manifold Code: 002B07
message Error Code: 0030B2
Any ideas what to check?

My car went into limp mode a couple of times before but I turned off the engine and then on and it ran fine. Yesterday I ran the car hard and it was running strong. Now as soon as I start the car is in limp mode

Last edited by AlvaSpeed; 06-10-2017 at 06:31 AM. Reason: title
Old 06-10-2017, 07:09 AM
gjxj
4th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
doesn't carly give you "P" codes? Just searching i cant find any of those codes you list, or even any that look like that format.

Is there any indication if the pressure sensor is "dead" vs giving an unexpected value? (Presumably the app can report the indicated pressure for you..)

Obviously it could be a bad sensor, but It could be a leak in the intake manifold. Give a good listen for hissing air. Try putting a bit of force on the manifold, etc see if the idle speed reacts.

Old 06-15-2017, 08:59 PM
AlvaSpeed
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Update.
Today I took te manifold pressure sensor out, got some Wurth brake cleaner, sprayed the inside, put it back in place and the limp mode went away.
If the problem comes back I will replace the unit.
But so far so good.