Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Core Support Front Panel

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 03:16 PM
Cenla Mini
3rd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Core Support Front Panel

Hey...looking to replace my Core Support Front Panel Part #51647200799 on my 2006 Mini Cooper Base model.

Has anyone replaced theirs?

Do you have to remove the radiator?

Just trying to decide if I want to do this now or wait a while...

Old 05-01-2017, 11:07 AM
JABowders
6th Gear
Received 177 Likes on 166 Posts
I looked, but I'm unsure. I looked at the Parts manual to see if it was obvious but I just couldn't tell.

Best of luck.

Motor On!

Old 05-01-2017, 03:47 PM
Cenla Mini
3rd Gear
Yeah...I'm guessing I will have to remove everything to replace it but wasn't sure...was hoping there might be a way to remove it without having to disconnect all the cooling lines/hoses...but then again...it might be a good time to replace the hoses...it's 11 years old with 143K on it...

Old 05-02-2017, 09:24 AM
zsqure
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, the radiator has to come out. While there replace the o-ring for the crank position sensor. Not a bad job at all. Did it with the help of my son. Don't go to BMW/Mini for the hardware. Try your local body shop supplier. Most of the hardware was rusted. I saved over $35 by buying items that were not exact OEM parts but were the same size/shape and would do the job. You will be surprised the variety of stuff available.

Old 05-02-2017, 09:40 AM
na8flush
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I replaced this as part of my clutch change as I found it was pretty broken when I took it off (probably previous owner hit something). You will need to remove the radiator to swap it over to the new core support, which means draining the coolant and then replacing. You'll also need to transfer over the fog lights if you have any.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:34 PM
Cenla Mini
3rd Gear
Thanks for all the advice guys...I'm going to do this and replace the crank position sensor since I've got to get in there anyway...Will see if there are any other things that should be changed as well...