Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Airbag and seatbelt warning light - Fault code 0093CF,0093CE "satellite door"

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 07:39 PM
Dolphin
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airbag and seatbelt warning light - Fault code 0093CF,0093CE "satellite door"

I've got a 2011 R56 with 107k miles and the airbag/seatbelt system light is on on the speedo and tach. It started pretty randomly about 2 months ago. I only drove the car once a week or so for a period of about 3 months, if that matters. It showed up basically when I started driving it again. I managed to drive into a small irrigation trench at a relative's house and hit the bumper just hard enough to knock it out of place a bit, but I snapped it back in and nothing is broken, miraculously.

I thought that maybe that had triggered a crash warning and the sensors had thrown the code and it just needed to be reset, but I am unable to reset it (I use the Carly For BMW app for resetting). The fault codes the app gives me are, I'm assuming, only seen when tested at dealers as I can't find them in any code lists. The codes are:

0093CF - Satellite passenger door
0093CE - Satellite driver's door

After looking in my Bentley guide I found that it's referring to the crash sensors in both B-pillars near the seatbelts.

My question is this: How likely is it that both of these sensors just miraculously malfunction? I don't want to go through the effort of removing the interior trim pieces (I'm terrible with trim and I am afraid I'll break something) and then spending who know's how much on new sensors if it isn't going to make the light resettable. If the sensors are malfunctioning, it's also a pretty obvious safety issue and I just want to get the car back to some safe normalcy.

I've never removed the seat or any sensors/ECUs. I had some water get in the car due to leaving my roof tilted open (storm came out of nowhere). That somehow made my amp blow (dunno how it got wet even all the way in the back), but I've just replaced that. I don't know if that could have anything to do with it or not. Nothing else has been messed with at all and I just find it bizarre that both of those sensors are throwing fault codes. Surely water wouldn't have ruined those and nothing else in the front of the cab.

tl;dr both B-pillar satellite crash sensors throwing fault codes, but nothing else. How likely is it that both of them malfunctioned and is there any way I can test to see if perhaps I do not need to replace them?

Old 11-25-2016, 09:23 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
I am not sure this will help, but maybe take a peek at our seat belt tech article here: http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...eplacement.htm. It goes over what can trigger the air bag light and info about the seat belts.

Also, the fault code you're getting makes me think you might want to investigate your B-pillar satellite crash sensors as it also contains two acceleration sensors each, one longitudinal and the other transverse. We have some airbag system overview info here: http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...bag_System.htm.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST